weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Perfect for the theme nothing says build more than a crane or two

Worth getting up early to avoid blown skies, the cranes stand out nicely

Liking that Stan with the rooftops in the lowest quarter, lovely colour from the early morning sun too (y)

Nice shot for the theme Stan, like how they are opposite each other and colours go well against the sky.

Thanks, Dean and Dave. My aim was to capture the simple subject during early morning golden rays or early evening blue hour to add colour and interest to the image.

Remote - well placed building and horizon - strong foreground helps to give remote impression.

Nice find... two cranes almost mirroring one another ... some light bringing out the yellow too. (y)

Curses ! I knew someone would beat me to it....anyways, youve made a much better attempt at it than my efforts today...

I *think* I prefer the first, but I do find the grey background offputting if that makes sense ?

Curses x2 ... nicely done Stan, don't think I can better that .... back to the drawing board.

Curses ! I knew someone would beat me to it....anyways, youve made a much better attempt at it than my efforts today...

I *think* I prefer the first, but I do find the grey background offputting if that makes sense ?

Curses x2 ... nicely done Stan, don't think I can better that .... back to the drawing board.

Thanks and sorry for that guys but looking forward to seeing your versions.

Build
I like the yellow cranes against the sky and fits the theme well.

Juicy
Nice bright colours (well colour), I prefer the second closer shot, it helps to emphasise the Juicy drip.

First for me, very good, the single drip really enhances it for the theme.

Great detail in the orange and the drop is a nice touch, the BG as pointed out could be better second one for me

Build
I like the yellow cranes against the sky and fits the theme well.

Juicy
Nice bright colours (well colour), I prefer the second closer shot, it helps to emphasise the Juicy drip.

Thanks, Dominic for the catch-up comments.

Bang on Stan, excellent image.
#1 for me. Not 100% why, but I think it's purely as you can see more of it. Purely personal though, both are excellent.

Cheers, Tim. They are the same shot but just different crop ratios.

First for me, very good, the single drip really enhances it for the theme.

Thanks, Chris. I was hoping for the drip just about to drop but as usual, I missed the shot. :(

Great detail in the orange and the drop is a nice touch, the BG as pointed out could be better second one for me

Thanks, Allan. I have a selection of background colours but looks like grey is the least favourite here.

Interesting, as this was one of my ideas for the theme...these look "salted" tho Stan ?

Nice shot of the broad bean Stan, goes great against the dark BG and they do look yummy.

Thanks, Dave. They are and even better with beer. :beer:

Interesting, as this was one of my ideas for the theme...these look "salted" tho Stan ?

Cheers, Mark. Salted and chillied too.

Last edited:
Never tried those, sound interesting. Good black background with a hint of reflection under the pot to keep it from floating and nice idea to spill some out of the pot.

I know the dried crunchy broad beans, but not these.

Top idea, nicely done ... can see the salt glistening. (y)

Build, nice light there across the scenes, I like the composition and great subject matter of cranes too.
Juicy, Lovely vibrant pics, bang on theme, 2nd for me, I like the impact from being really close to the orange,
Broad, yep look tasty, not seen these anywhere, nice lighting and bg looks good.

Thanks, Michael for the catchup comments.

Good strong black and white points. Rich colour. Very nicely executed :)

Thanks, Tim. Just some slight adjustments in the Black, Highlight and Shadow with ARC (Adobe RAW Converter).

Never tried those, sound interesting. Good black background with a hint of reflection under the pot to keep it from floating and nice idea to spill some out of the pot.

Cheers, Chris.

Damn, I thought they look salted, I hate them cooked so wonder what they are like salted :thinking:

Photography wise a cool background and despite a real deep black you still managed to get some reflection in there, nicely lit and well placed as usual :)

Thanks, Dean. They are quite yummy.

Interesting, never heard of them, nicely composed too

Cheers, Allan.

I know the dried crunchy broad beans, but not these.

Top idea, nicely done ... can see the salt glistening. (y)

Thanks, David.

Broad
I'm not a fan of Broad beans (to eat). You've done well with the black background and white bowl.

No need to go too far for this week's theme with this boundary fence only few hundred feet from my house. However, it took me two days to walk to there :eek: because of the slippy icy payment and road surfaces. By luck and perfect timing, :) this morning low sun position lit-up just the main subject for the shot I was after.

Week 50 - Rustic

Rustic by Stan, on Flickr

Back