weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Great shot for the theme Stan I really like it

The right time too take the pic, nice blue in the sky and the artificial light works well on the structure and of course the symmetry is spot on

Wall - people miss so many nice things by not looking up sometimes.....
Symmetry - very nice, I like that a lot

Hey Stan :)

Liking the angle of your wall image, the building stands out a treat against that nice blue and grey sky :)

Symmetry - Natural symmetry (Un photoshopped) working well, a good crop to assist the look as well, liking the light on the stonework and the dark sky :)

Very nice blue hour photo of the bridge and nicely symmetric for the theme

certainly and interesting Wall, and pleased it's 3D, as in showing 2 elevations ... nice.

Symmetrical ... sure is, can't fault that. Nice light too.

Hi Stan,

Wall - On theme, but I'm afraid it doesn't do much for me. Perhaps because you see many such buildings around the smoke, so it doesn't catch my eye.

Symmetry - Now this I like. The textures combined with the blue and golden tones make this a smashing image. It's even bang on for the theme :)

Nice idea but I think it needs a little lift a tad underexposed

Hi Stan,

Worn - I've got to agree with Allan, it does look a little underexposed on my screen. Brand new aren't they? (compared to my gardening trainers anyway).
Interesting how you've managed to have the trainers sharp yet the ground (which is obviously close) is OOF. Must have been a very shallow focal plane.

Colourful - Very nicely captured and good to include the cityscape.
However, there is something very distracting middle bottom between the trees. It 'looks like' some badly drawn brush lines in PS, but I very much doubt it is. Worth trying to remove them imo.

Worn
Just a lightening of the shoes I would suggest, I think the background would work staying dark.

Colourful
You can't beat a nice firework display.

Not sure what to make of your Worn shoes. I'm wondering if a grainy colour finish might show the Wornness better.

The fireworks are amazing.

Hi Stan,

Worn - I've got to agree with Allan, it does look a little underexposed on my screen. Brand new aren't they? (compared to my gardening trainers anyway).
Interesting how you've managed to have the trainers sharp yet the ground (which is obviously close) is OOF. Must have been a very shallow focal plane.

Colourful - Very nicely captured and good to include the cityscape.
However, there is something very distracting middle bottom between the trees. It 'looks like' some badly drawn brush lines in PS, but I very much doubt it is. Worth trying to remove them imo.

Thanks, Tim for the comments.

The brush lines are actually tree branch movements due to long exposures. I was at the top of a high river embankment with lots of trees and bushes.

I've been waiting for the weather to change to at least some kind of blue sky in the last couple of days. Could be a while at this time of year and don't want to fall too far behind again. So this has to do for this week. Yes, I know the sky is boring. :sleep:

Week 45 - Height

Week 45 Height 1 by Stan, on Flickr

I know how you feel, I tried as well and although I managed a bit of blue, I'm still not that happy with my attempts.

I have to agree with DK, whilst the second one has more colour, you end up looking at the foreground, rather than following the trunks to the top of the trees. Vindicates your choice, doesn't it :)

Me too, #1, these grey skies do make it hard work though don't they?

I like the first one most too, the colour in the second shot made my eyes go a bit blurry :)

Height - the first one without the leaves works better for me. November skies don't make it easy.

Haha, Dean beat me to the Windows Wallpaper comment. it's the sort of vibrant rolling countryside that you to associate with Windows defaults isn't it. Which evidently means you could make a shedload by selling the rights to Bill and co :) Nothing wrong with making some moolah.
Does it sell remote? I dunno, as Dean says, it more says vast than remote, probably because of how small the feature building is.

Lovely vibrant colours in the grass and sky and the house certainly looks remote.

Height #1 for me ... keep it simple. And I like the solid sky even if it is grey.

Nice colours in Remote even if a bit OTT. And the fact there's a dwelling or two helps to say remote.

Lets try here shall we :)

That is nice and fresh looking Stan, looks like a combination of Windows Vista and the Teletubbies :D

Nice cottage tucked on the thirds and a nice big sky to help the sense of vastness :)

Thanks, Dean. Missing the windmill though.

Haha, Dean beat me to the Windows Wallpaper comment. it's the sort of vibrant rolling countryside that you to associate with Windows defaults isn't it. Which evidently means you could make a shedload by selling the rights to Bill and co :) Nothing wrong with making some moolah.
Does it sell remote? I dunno, as Dean says, it more says vast than remote, probably because of how small the feature building is.

Thanks, Tim. Making money from Bill? That's a thought since I'm more of a Mac user. Could be because of the wide-angle lens makes the building small and also the thirds placement.

Lovely vibrant colours in the grass and sky and the house certainly looks remote.

Thanks, Chris.

Nice blue skies in this remote shot Stan, the house being so far away in this remote piece of land.

Cheers, Dave. The wide-angle lens also enhanced the remoteness of the building.

Nice shot for remote Stan, I'll like the colours

Back