weekly rpn's 2017 Project 52 - Week 52 WEATHER Added *** COMPLETED ***

Super job Stan. It looks a long way down but sharp at the bottom.

Thanks, Dave. Taken from the 7th floor.

Curver #1, what an amazing building, I think a crop might work to really emphasis the curves.

Cheers.

Thanks, Andy. Always open to suggestion and will see how I get on.

Some tools and instruments from my early occupation as Civil Engineer. Moved into Offshore Oil and Gas after only three years of designing roads, bridges and multi-story buildings. Now semi-retired working part-time as consultants.

Week 35 - Occupation

Occupation by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Very nicely layed out Stan, like the tightness of the shot :)

Thanks, Dave. The drawing is actually the extension of my house, don't want to show the address.

Very apt indeed Stan !!! My thought is similar though I love all your old kit it looks like it has done a good bit of work, nicely laid out too (y)

Cheers, Dean. The slide rule is missing either I lost it or my parents throw it out when I moved out. Notice the scale rule is imperial inches. :D

Nice idea and well laid out, I have done a lot of reading of plans of stage sets in my time but always admired people who can do the actual drawing side of it

Great image, I like that a lot.
I that a book of logarithms I see ?

Nice one, I used to work in construction in the days of dyeline printing, rotring stencils and those triangular scale rules. Takes me back (y)

A pleasing image Stan. I used to enjoy technical drawing at school and think there's something precious about those old drawings and the equipment used.

Different ideas were going through my head for this week's theme and YouTube come to mind and for some reasons lead me to this old YouTube clip - Achmed the Dead Terrorist "Silence I Kill You". Then, I said to myself 'I got an App for that' :)

Week 36 - I Kill You

You! by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
I agree, the first is the pick for me and a good take on the theme and the DoF focuses the eye on the muzzle of the gun. Well done for getting #2 as sharp as it is but just a bit too shallow for me.

1st pic for me, I like the dof.....

1st for me too Stan, nice dof and shot :)

I agree, the first is the pick for me and a good take on the theme and the DoF focuses the eye on the muzzle of the gun. Well done for getting #2 as sharp as it is but just a bit too shallow for me.

Thanks all, agree and spot on with comment on #1 and why I picked it for submission.

Nice one for the theme Stan. And, of the three, you chose the best. You're not the only one to think of a pointing finger ... not an easy one to pull off.

I think they're all pretty good. If number 3 had worked it would have been my choice, it's not easy doing this sort of thing on your own.

Churches are still being built here in Cyprus like they built shopping centres else here in the world. This is one of the newer one in Tala. Plenty of arches even arches with arch!

Pity about the steel frame in the bottom left is in the way.

Week 37 - Arch

Week 37 Arch 202997 by Stan, on Flickr

Plenty of arches there Stan, it's always tricky shooting verticals from an angle, it might benefit from a bit of distortion correction

Well found Stan, I actually thought it was a mosque with with all those geometric designs. The ?bright light makes it look a bit flat for me, though that may just be the colour of the stonework.

Hi Stan,

Occupation - T squares, drawing boards etc. I loved TD at school, but probably not the occupation to get into when I left, with CAD not many years around the corner.
Nicely set out, it gives you a glimpse of the workings of a draughtsman.

You - I think I prefer #1, though #2 really does have you looking down the sharp end of the barrel. I think I prefer #1 because you can make out the (storm trooper?) figure behind whereas #2 feels too OOF to me.

Arch - Bang on theme. I am going to agree with @sirch's critique regarding geometric corrections. Whilst you probably need some perspective in there to make it feel natural, it does have a bit of a keystone effect.

Like your arch shot Stan, lovely colours and pov is very nice too :)

A bit far to the RH side of the frame, well that is what I was going to say but on second look there are arches all the way across the image, so correction from me.... loads of cool arches :)

Thanks, Dave and Dean.

Plenty of arches there Stan, it's always tricky shooting verticals from an angle, it might benefit from a bit of distortion correction

Hi Stan,

Occupation - T squares, drawing boards etc. I loved TD at school, but probably not the occupation to get into when I left, with CAD not many years around the corner.
Nicely set out, it gives you a glimpse of the workings of a draughtsman.

You - I think I prefer #1, though #2 really does have you looking down the sharp end of the barrel. I think I prefer #1 because you can make out the (storm trooper?) figure behind whereas #2 feels too OOF to me.

Arch - Bang on theme. I am going to agree with @sirch's critique regarding geometric corrections. Whilst you probably need some perspective in there to make it feel natural, it does have a bit of a keystone effect.

Thanks, Chris & Tim for the comments. Agree with the perspective distortions and I would have spent time correcting that and even clone out the steel frame but I'm currently in hot and sunny Cyprus and also have my daughter and her family (2 grand-daughters, one 4 years old and one 4 months old) visiting us and want to spend more time with them instead. Will do better when in back in UK in four weeks. :D

Thanks, Chris & Tim for the comments. Agree with the perspective distortions and I would have spent time correcting that and even clone out the steel frame but I'm currently in hot and sunny Cyprus and also have my daughter and her family (2 grand-daughters, one 4 years old and one 4 months old) visiting us and want to spend more time with them instead. Will do better when in back in UK in four weeks. :D
It's a hard life :p

It's a hard life :p

It sure it, while sitting outside on the net in 28 degrees with a Keo beer in one hand! :D
n13fkdv.gif

Back