weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

Good interpretation of hard and I like the composition with the contrasting eggs.

Cracking shot for hard Stan, good BG and the plate really sets it off well.

Thanks, Dave.

Good interpretation of hard and I like the composition with the contrasting eggs.

Cheers, Chris. I thought a mixture of quail and chicken eggs would add some interest to the shot.

Match: I love the picture of the kayaks in the sea, simple yet powerful.

Hard: The little white egg on the left seems a little lost in the plate but a nice shot nevertheless. I'm impressed by the quail egg at the front as not only is it enormous but it came out ready stamped! :)

Hi Stan

I like this image due to the colours involved.

Pete

Thanks, Pete.

Match: I love the picture of the kayaks in the sea, simple yet powerful.

Hard: The little white egg on the left seems a little lost in the plate but a nice shot nevertheless. I'm impressed by the quail egg at the front as not only is it enormous but it came out ready stamped! :)

Cheers, Martin. :) It was laid by a rather large quail aka chicken.

It's been said .... plus, liking the idea of the square plate on the slatted table. :)

Match - 2 great images I like the seascape even though the matching canoes are so small in the frame that gives and sense of scale.

Music - I like the composition and prefer the colour version it holds my attention for longer

Hard - Great take on the theme nicely done.

So many bugs (not the computer type!) and creepy crawlies here in Cyprus. While sitting outside having my morning coffee I saw this 7 legs spider on the table and quickly grab my camera to capture a few shots before it craws away quickly. Well, as quick as it could I supposed with a leg missing. :)

The image quality is acceptable considered I only have my Fuji X-T2 with a 'standard' zoom lens with me and it's cropped to 75% full size.

Week 22 - Creatures (very small one)

Creature by Stan, on Flickr

Vicious looking thing, good take with just a standard zoom.

Nice likkle Spidey! :)

hard - well composed and great colours!
creatures - nice and sharp spider!

Spikey little critter there Stan and some good detail from a not macro lens (?)

No idea of the albums, I'm not really into that genre of folk rock. But I do prefer the album shot to the blinds.
it has more colour, there has obviously been more work put into the composition and cropping. All in all I feel it's the stronger of the two shots.

On the other hand I think I like the blinds more :) Great sense of depth. Good idea for the second one and I've no idea either.

CSNY: Deja Vu :)

But the blind shot is a cracker and definitely says synthetic. (y)

Album photo for me, as Tim says it's a good composition (see what I did there :)) with nice colours and well lit.

Another catch-up from me, Stan:

Match - not just one, but two strong images! I like them both and they're both perfect for the theme, but being a sucker for the seaside I have to say #1 is my favourite with all that open sea and those two tiny canoes (y)
Musical - good idea and the diagonal composition works well for both, but I prefer the B&W version as it removes the distraction of the brightly coloured buttons.
Hard - another good idea and I like the assorted sizes and colours of the surrounding eggs. Square crop is a great choice for this one.
Creatures - ugh! Excellent detailed study, especially with just a standard zoom. Moving swiftly on......
Music - two really strong images and #1 is my favourite by a short head from the albums. I like the strong lines and shallow DOF in the the image of the blinds, but I also like the layout and strong colours in #2. Good ideas (y)

No idea of the albums, I'm not really into that genre of folk rock. But I do prefer the album shot to the blinds.
it has more colour, there has obviously been more work put into the composition and cropping. All in all I feel it's the stronger of the two shots.

Cheers, Tim. I took the 'Blinds' shot quite early on as 'insurance' in case I don't have other ideas.

On the other hand I think I like the blinds more :) Great sense of depth. Good idea for the second one and I've no idea either.

Thanks, John.

CSNY: Deja Vu :)

But the blind shot is a cracker and definitely says synthetic. (y)

Thanks, David. Spot on with the LP. The others are Moody Blues' To Our Children's Children's Children and Bob Dylan's Greatest Hits.

Album photo for me, as Tim says it's a good composition (see what I did there :)) with nice colours and well lit.

Thanks, Chris.

Hi Stan

Creature, fits the theme and good job considering the limitation of equipment available. Surely he could only run in circles given he had a missing leg.

Synthectic, Blinds, bit of a mediocre subject, would I think prefer a larger depth of field. Albums is much more interesting, but the light I think is in the wrong place. To me it should be on the left of the record. Just my 2ps worth.

Pete

Like the idea of the blinds, good use of dof, but the records take top spot for me Stan, I like that bit of colour in there and I quite like the composition you have used too.

Cheers, Michael. I like both hence why I posted them.

Another catch-up from me, Stan:

Match - not just one, but two strong images! I like them both and they're both perfect for the theme, but being a sucker for the seaside I have to say #1 is my favourite with all that open sea and those two tiny canoes (y)
Musical - good idea and the diagonal composition works well for both, but I prefer the B&W version as it removes the distraction of the brightly coloured buttons.
Hard - another good idea and I like the assorted sizes and colours of the surrounding eggs. Square crop is a great choice for this one.
Creatures - ugh! Excellent detailed study, especially with just a standard zoom. Moving swiftly on......
Music - two really strong images and #1 is my favourite by a short head from the albums. I like the strong lines and shallow DOF in the the image of the blinds, but I also like the layout and strong colours in #2. Good ideas (y)

Thanks, Andrea for the catch-up comments and in-depth critique.

Plenty of rural areas near where I live but finding an available and safe access viewpoint for photography is harder than I thought. At the same time I was hoping for a late evening/golden hour shot but the weather just not playing ball. This is the one I prefer out of about half a dozen others. Not sure a tighter crop would be better but I quite like the sky/cloud formation in this.

Week 24 - Rural

Rural Cairnpark by Stan, on Flickr

Nice rural scene not sure about the crop also but I think it’s ok as the only other option would be to lose a bit off the sky and as you say the sky is quite a major part of the picture, so sorry no help at all

That's a lovely scene, Stan, with beautiful colours. I scrolled the page to lose the fence at the bottom and I think you might have got away with that crop because of the huge blue sky, but it's personal taste and this certainly shouts rural and shows some lovely features of the countryside. I really like it (y)

I would certainly keep the blue sky, it's great, and the use of the bottom 3rd for the horizon works.
I think it would be a bit boring without the colours, but the colours are there, and they make the shot (y)

Nice rural scene not sure about the crop also but I think it’s ok as the only other option would be to lose a bit off the sky and as you say the sky is quite a major part of the picture, so sorry no help at all

Thanks, Allan. Great help and good to have your thoughts and comments. (y)

That's a lovely scene, Stan, with beautiful colours. I scrolled the page to lose the fence at the bottom and I think you might have got away with that crop because of the huge blue sky, but it's personal taste and this certainly shouts rural and shows some lovely features of the countryside. I really like it (y)

Thanks, Andrea. I want to keep the wall/fence there to add some interest and to break up an otherwise a boring foreground.

I would certainly keep the blue sky, it's great, and the use of the bottom 3rd for the horizon works.
I think it would be a bit boring without the colours, but the colours are there, and they make the shot (y)

Cheers, Tim. I want that 1/3 ground and 2/3 sky just to show off the interesting cloud formations.

Here's the crop version I was unsure of. Still 1/3 ground 2/3 sky with the fence foreground and cloud pattern.

Week_24_Rural.jpg

Back