weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

It's a pleasing image, blue sky, green fields and what looks like a farm or something. I think the sky is the most interesting aspect really so a double helping of that for me please. :)

Think I prefer the first, I like the big open space and depth of colour in the sky.

It's a pleasing image, blue sky, green fields and what looks like a farm or something. I think the sky is the most interesting aspect really so a double helping of that for me please. :)

Think I prefer the first, I like the big open space and depth of colour in the sky.

Thanks, David and Chris. The big sky shot won this week theme challenge.

Really like your shot for rural, the greens n blues are great, nice work

Oh yes - that red and blue works a treat :)

Liking this Stan. the use of complementary colours like that is great. You've also managed the bright lighting very well too. You see images like this on walls in various businesses. I bet it would sell on Stock.

Oh yes - that red and blue works a treat :)

Thanks, Dave.

Liking this Stan. the use of complementary colours like that is great. You've also managed the bright lighting very well too. You see images like this on walls in various businesses. I bet it would sell on Stock.

Cheers, Tim. I yet to upload this shot to the two sites I use for marketing. So far I've only manage to sell one single image. I also have an enquiry directly from a company for another but they yet to reply to my response.

I also considered swans but couldn’t find any on the local canal either works for me only crit I could add is slightly blown whites but in this sun very hard to control

#1 for me. Yes, there is perhaps a little bit of blown whites, but you've caught a huge range of light there, from whites to deep dark greens (almost black).
I don't think it's any the worse for the blown spots.

A few hours late this week, however, the shot was taken just before this week's theme was posted.

These derelict buildings are located in the middle of a field only a mile or so from my house. Just when I was finishing a car from the neighbouring field came over and asked what I was doing!!!

Week 27 - Derelict

Desolate by Stan, on Flickr

Nice find for the theme looks so much better on Flickr which I have just say to someone else too, I have no idea what is going on with this forum image wise

Like the first one Stan, the trees make the foreground interesting and look rather lush compared to the parched look we have in Cornwall at the moment. Where is this?

Hi Stan

Rural
I can see why you took the photo, lovely colours, but composition is not the best with the farm/village near the centre of the photo. From what I can see I would be tempted to go further to the right to hopefully give that wall a bigger part to play in the image and I would try and make it more letter box in shape, perhaps waiting for the clouds to move as they appear to be as good over to the left as what you have captured on the right. But I was not there.
The crop version is better apart from the clouds
Looks better on Flickr as well.

Bright
It is, nice colour contrast.

Elegant.
I think you picked the wrong swan, it would be better if it was white on the neck, also the reflection is hitting the bottom of the image, it needs a tad bit of space there.
2nd one appears overexposed and could do with greater DOF.

Derelict
Caught tresspassing heh. Tut Tut...LOL
I like this Image, try cropping in tighter to the buldings, about 10% off the left hand side and just left of the dust bunny on the right side and lose a fair bit of the fore ground, I think it improves it a lot.

Home.

A Much tighter Crop works well on the first Image. I would lose the 2 left hand building and keep the trees and a bit of grass at the bottom.
On the 2nd shot the blue line of windows and slight gap spoils the pattern.

Pete

Wow, I love your image for Bright, Stan! Such strong reds to contrast with the sky behind, and lovely shapes and edges to the leaves. Excellent choice (y)
Elegant - a swan was my first thought for this theme but we don't really have any locally, more's the pity. The first one is a classic shape for the theme with a great reflection, and the bonus shot of the family is very cute :)
Your location for Derelict is ideal and I like the shape of the roof lines against the cloudy sky, plus the expanse of barren foreground adds to the sense of dereliction. B&W was a good choice too.
Home - two interesting images showing lots of homes, and my choice of the two would be #2 for the almost abstract grid of lines and shapes. I like the blue column on the left that relieves the uniformity of the rest of the scene.

I prefer the second for the theme more emphasis on the homes and I like the strong black and white contrasts.

Both shots work Stan, I like the 1st for the wide view, including the trees. I do also like the telephoto shot as well. Contrasty b+w maybe?

Thanks, Michael. It's almost mono apart from the column of blue colour.

Like the first one Stan, the trees make the foreground interesting and look rather lush compared to the parched look we have in Cornwall at the moment. Where is this?

Cheers, Roger. The greens add some interest to the foreground. These high-rises are in Aberdeen by the mouth of River Don, only a couple of miles from my house.

Hi Stan

Rural
I can see why you took the photo, lovely colours, but composition is not the best with the farm/village near the centre of the photo. From what I can see I would be tempted to go further to the right to hopefully give that wall a bigger part to play in the image and I would try and make it more letter box in shape, perhaps waiting for the clouds to move as they appear to be as good over to the left as what you have captured on the right. But I was not there.
The crop version is better apart from the clouds
Looks better on Flickr as well.

Bright
It is, nice colour contrast.

Elegant.
I think you picked the wrong swan, it would be better if it was white on the neck, also the reflection is hitting the bottom of the image, it needs a tad bit of space there.
2nd one appears overexposed and could do with greater DOF.

Derelict
Caught tresspassing heh. Tut Tut...LOL
I like this Image, try cropping in tighter to the buldings, about 10% off the left hand side and just left of the dust bunny on the right side and lose a fair bit of the fore ground, I think it improves it a lot.

Home.

A Much tighter Crop works well on the first Image. I would lose the 2 left hand building and keep the trees and a bit of grass at the bottom.
On the 2nd shot the blue line of windows and slight gap spoils the pattern.

Pete

Thanks for the catchup comments, Pete. Excellent comments there and very good points.

For the Rural shot I was standing on the edge of a narrow country road but near the middle of a short straight so don't really like to move any further along for safety reasons. I was trying to concentrate on the image composition and at the same time listen out for traffics.

Rural; I didn't notice any "Private" or "No Trespassing" signs. :)

The option to crop, for me, would be to keep the left buildings to keep them all same shape and design.

I like them both for different reasons the first is very orderly would lose a bit of the sky maybe the second is a good abstract which to me emphasises how cramped tower blocks can seem

Home
I liked the first photo until I saw the second one. It's got a real abstracty look, all right-angles and monochrome.

Derelict - Like this. Nice moody sky, as moody as the person who caught you?? Could maybe have a bit less of the foreground grass.

Home - The first doesn't really do much for me I'm afraid. The second however is a great abstract shot. I like the fact that all the windows look different.

Hi Stan,

Derelict - Love the way the mono processing gives it a gritty feel. The light patch on the path bottom left gives a subtle lead in line. Moody skys and bang on for the theme. Splendid (y)

Home - Sorry, neither of those shots really speak to me. The light is nice in the first one, and you have the contrast of the towers vs the trees, but I can't get excited, sorry.

Nice shots Stan. I really like what you've done for derelict. I like the composition and it looks good on black and white. The clouds look chill too, good work.
I like both of your shots for home. I like that you've got the trees in front of the high rise buildings it works well. I love the idea of family home, it's a really cool image. I might have cropped it on the left so that the middle black line would be in the centre of the image. I think it would improve the image for me, but that might just be me :)

Back