weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

Pull

A good technical accomplishment, nice and sharp, good colours and a nice black background.

Excellent idea and very well executed. I like the simplicity of the composition even if it makes the engineer in me cringe every time I look at it!

Thanks, Roger. What do you mean? :thinking: The wiring (string) was carried out by a qualified Electrician. :naughty: :) :LOL:

Pull, a really clever idea, works so well, top shot Stan.

Cheers, glad you like the shot.

Very impressive piece, It’s good having this kind of public art about I think.

Stan

You missed a trick, you could have used it for this weeks theme Bizarre.
That is a very bright shot, nice and colourful.
Could have lost the building on the left. Shame about the dirty wall to the right, maybe it's not finished yet

Pete

Stan

You missed a trick, you could have used it for this weeks theme Bizarre.
That is a very bright shot, nice and colourful.
Could have lost the building on the left. Shame about the dirty wall to the right, maybe it's not finished yet

Pete

Thanks, Pete. there's no reason why I can't re-shoot this for this week.

Hi Stan, sorry I've been so tardy in getting around the threads and I am still not quite up-to-date myself, but I had to come over and comment on this one. It's a wonderful subject with those bright colours and great mixture of colours and textures, and a great example of the wide variety of forms that 'Art' takes. I have something similar in mind for my Art image, but it's only a wall mural and nothing like as impactful as this.

Not only is that Bizarre it's bonkers and I love it :D

I don’t know what’s more bizarre the picture or the mental image of you shoving a leek inside a banana skin, you weirdo :D

Great idea for bizarre, I'm not to keen on the black corners but good job

Stan

What a bizarre Image, fits the theme so well, great technical work, all spot on.

Pete

Bizarre

I like it, nicely thought out.
The only problem is, you've peeled it from the wrong end :D

I don’t know what’s more bizarre the picture or the mental image of you shoving a leek inside a banana skin, you weirdo :D

Thanks, Allan. But that banana was like that! :)

Great idea for bizarre, I'm not to keen on the black corners but good job

Cheers, Chris. Know what you mean and I should have turned the chopping board round.

Stan

What a bizarre Image, fits the theme so well, great technical work, all spot on.

Pete

Thanks, Pete.

I did have a chuckle at that image Stan :)
Lateral thinking at it's best.
nicely exposed, plenty of detail, no off putting shadows (y)

Cheers, Tim. I used the phone torch to light the subject.

Bizarre

I like it, nicely thought out.
The only problem is, you've peeled it from the wrong end :D

Thanks, Dominic. I didn't know there's a right or wrong end to peel a banana. :thinking:

Art, Great find, lovely colours.
Bizarre, Like it and very well executed thought out. I suppose after Brexit we shall be seeing more of these welsh Bananas.

What a great sight never get the chance to see seals here, they do look like a bunch of layabouts though

What a great sight never get the chance to see seals here, they do look like a bunch of layabouts though

Cheers, Allan. They make a racket of noise even they are just lazying about.

Great image of the lazy seals Stan, goes great in the pano too.

Thanks. Dave.

Lovely seals Stan, I do like the crop you have used there.

Thanks, Michael. Both the water foreground and sandy beach background are pretty boring and not adding any interest to the image so I thought I'll just crop them out to make a panoramic format.

Wild

I really like it. It sort of shows a real life view of these animals, probably helped by the letterbox crop.

Stan

What seals, They look like pebbles on a beach, okay I have put my glasses on. Looks much better on Flickr.
I see Chris has the same observation.

Pete

Wild

I really like it. It sort of shows a real life view of these animals, probably helped by the letterbox crop.

Thanks, Dominic. I think the crop suits the image.

They look a bit like rocks, good composition

Cheers, Chris. Some of the seals just blend in with the sandy beach background.

Stan

What seals, They look like pebbles on a beach, okay I have put my glasses on. Looks much better on Flickr.
I see Chris has the same observation.

Pete

Thanks, Pete

This location is fame for salmon jumping as they make their way up the river during spawning at this time of the year. Haven't been here for a while and I was passing on Saturday after lunch with some friends and decided to stop by for this week's theme inspiration. The trees are still quite full of leaves and green but with modern days computer technology, anything is doable. :)

I'm not too happy with the blue fringe at the tree top in the background and find it distracting. May just go back to clone it out when I have some spare time.

Week 40 - Autumn

Autumn Water of Feugh by Stan, on Flickr

I think the theme was about three weeks to early for proper autumnal colours but that said the first one with the help of pp works well looks like a lovely place too

Back