weekly rpn's 2018 Project 52 - Week 52 SHOWCASE Added (Complete)

Oh yes that last shot is a corker :)

Hi Stan,
I was going to say my preference was the first abstract shot due to the colours and abstract feel, and maybe it does still edge it, but I'm really liking the Monday at 10:44 image. You have the motion caught really well and somehow produced an image that could be decades old (if wind turbines were decades old). It's a bit of a contradiction - which gives it edge.

Stan

Balance - contrived and on theme. Nice lighting, plenty of details.

Crushed - 2 crushed cans, I prefer the colour of the 2nd one, but the perspective works better on the first.

Motion - love the colours on the first, 2nd pic is not doing it for me. Foreground is blurred and too much sky, could do with a crop. Final wind turbine shot is better.

Pete

Hi Stan,
I was going to say my preference was the first abstract shot due to the colours and abstract feel, and maybe it does still edge it, but I'm really liking the Monday at 10:44 image. You have the motion caught really well and somehow produced an image that could be decades old (if wind turbines were decades old). It's a bit of a contradiction - which gives it edge.

Thanks, Tim. That shot was taken late afternoon when the sun was low with that golden-yellow hue.

I've a feeling I might end up with something along these lines (just not as good).
Seems to me that plenty of Gin was being consumed, and the green of the lime pops well against the more subdued tones of the wood.

I've a feeling I might end up with something along these lines (just not as good).
Seems to me that plenty of Gin was being consumed, and the green of the lime pops well against the more subdued tones of the wood.

Thanks, Tim. Just luck that they sat next to my table.

A good scene for the theme, tomato sauce though :thinking:

Cheers, Allan. That's women (sorry Andrea Manxmaid) for you and After Eight mints too. :thinking:

The party is over - hope it was a goodun :)

Mainly wimmin I;d say by the glasses :)

Crush(ed)
I quite like the first photo. It's simple and I don't mind the green corners.

Motion
I'm liking the first idea you had. It's a little bit psychedelic.

The party is over - hope it was a goodun :)

Mainly wimmin I;d say by the glasses :)

Thanks, Dave. Yes, Christmas party is over and one more theme for us to complete this year challenge.

Nice perspective....I count 11 glasses....and one tankard!!

A great captured moment! (y)

Cheers, Gareth and looking forward to your participation in 2019.

Hi Stan

Looks like they had a good party. Nice mixture of colours involved even if one is a tom sauce bottle.Good detail in the wooden table.

Have a Happy New Year

Pete

Although this week’s theme is simple enough I find it quite hard to pick my own favour from either outwith or within this year 52 challenge. I have taken more than my usual number of images due to my extensive travels this year to spend the kids' inheritance money. :D

So out of over 10,000 images these are my personal picks;

From this year’s 52 challenge. Arrived at the golden hour period (2 hours return journey) for the light on the Hollow rock. In addition to the graduated ND filter used also blending of 3 images in pp in order to balance the bright subject and sky background with the dark pebble beach foreground in the shadow.

Hollow by Stan, on Flickr

And from my Flickr with the highest number of views of nearly 50,000.

Balance by Stan, on Flickr

However, my own personal choice is this one from a long weekend in the NW of Scotland.

Week 52 - Showcase (Best of...) - A lone pine by Loch Maree with Slioch as background.

Lone Pine Slioch by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Well done for finishing, the lone pine picture is very good

Have a great new year Stan

Party is a nice shot and good for the theme.
Showcase shots are very good and only 50,000 views :D But my choice is your last image, great colours and spot on composition with the road coming in to view and having the tree just nails the shot.

Well done for finishing, the lone pine picture is very good

Have a great new year Stan

Thanks, Dave and Allan. A BIG thank you (y) :clap: for all the positive comments, constructive critique and encouragement throughout the year. Looking forward to seeing you both again in 2019.

Beautiful images Stan....I'm very glad that you had to make the decision....for me it's impossible to choose, all three are first class!
That said, I think you made the right choice....the lone pine landscape is simply stunning!

Thanks, Gareth and taking time to comment. I'm very pleased you joined in the last few weeks and really enjoyed having you taking part. Will see you next week in 2019. (y)

Hi Stan, I enjoyed reading and seeing your thought process for Motion; the images all work well but you hit the mark with the last one; the extra sense of motion in the turbines and the interesting sky make that one the winner (y)

Party was a good spot and it does look like the remnants of a party or relaxed get-together. I like the top-down view so we can see the textures of the wooden tabletop and the little splashes of colour from the sauce bottles and limes.

You've picked three excellent images for your Showcase shortlist. I have seen and remember the first two, but the last one is a great choice; a beautiful landscape with wonderful light, a sweeping leading line from the road, and stunning snowy details in the skyline. I would be very happy if that was my image and well done on finishing another 52 :clap:

Hi Stan, I enjoyed reading and seeing your thought process for Motion; the images all work well but you hit the mark with the last one; the extra sense of motion in the turbines and the interesting sky make that one the winner (y)

Party was a good spot and it does look like the remnants of a party or relaxed get-together. I like the top-down view so we can see the textures of the wooden tabletop and the little splashes of colour from the sauce bottles and limes.

You've picked three excellent images for your Showcase shortlist. I have seen and remember the first two, but the last one is a great choice; a beautiful landscape with wonderful light, a sweeping leading line from the road, and stunning snowy details in the skyline. I would be very happy if that was my image and well done on finishing another 52 :clap:

Thanks, Andrea for the catchup comments. I'm glad you like the shots.

Showcase
I think that lone pine shot is really good. The green stands out nicely against golds of the grass.

Hi Stan

Some nice light showing in the Lone Pine image, bringing out the golden colours nicely. Good one.

Pete

Back