weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Very unusual perspective Stan, it works well. Initially I wasn't sure about the cloud in the top left, but after looking at it a bit more I think I do like it being there!

Thanks, Carl. I got some with more cloud in the frame but find them slightly distractive from the subject (wind turbine). Prefer this one works best.

Good perspective and a very blue sky, a really nice clean and striking image

Good perspective and a very blue sky, a really nice clean and striking image

Thanks, Allan.

Very good angle for your Free shot there Stan. Lovely colour in the sky and that bit of cloud really makes it.

Cheers, Lee. Weather was wet and cold when we arrived here two weeks ago.

Very nice take on free there. Lovely abstract looking image and great blue sky to contrast

Free week

That's pretty bluuuuueee (not in a bad way). You've used a good pov on the turbine.

Wet - lovely detail and lighting Stan works brilliantly for the theme

Free - Nice take on the 'theme' love the contrast of the white against the lovely blue sky and to angle you've taken the image at.

Very nice take on free there. Lovely abstract looking image and great blue sky to contrast
Free week

That's pretty bluuuuueee (not in a bad way). You've used a good pov on the turbine.

Thanks, Ian & Dominic. I think the polarising filter helps with the sky colour saturation.

No idea what this building is but I come across it by chance today in the small Turkish-Cypriot quarter in Paphos. I think it was built for the Paphos’ European capital of culture event. It is constructed from mild steel and intentionally left unpainted.

Week 11 - Entrance

Art Entrance by Stan, on Flickr

Love that. Lines and shadows do it nicely :)

I really like this, great use of the light and the colours are lovely and warm.

Love that. Lines and shadows do it nicely :)

Nice picture Stan, the light coming through and creating the shadows makes it.

Thanks, Dave & Michael. The sun only came out in the afternoon after an overnight and morning heavy rain. Agree that the strong shadows add interest.

As others have said the shadows really add interest. I also like how the lead in of the side of the building leads the eye to the sea. Also an air of mystery as not sure where it leads inside.

As others have said the shadows really add interest. I also like how the lead in of the side of the building leads the eye to the sea. Also an air of mystery as not sure where it leads inside.

Thanks, Mandy. There is nothing inside apart from a locked room which is also steel constructed. What surprises me is the lack of graffiti and any signs of vandalism.

Lovely duo tone minimalistic image. Forgotten what true blue skies are.

Interesting building Stan, minor crit the sea seems to be sloping slightly

Interesting building Stan, minor crit the sea seems to be sloping slightly

Thanks, Allan. I did notice that too but only after I've posted the image.

Nice shot for the theme Stan, cool shadows and an interesting looking building.

Thanks, Dave.

Great find Stand, fits the theme well! Looks like an interesting building!

Hi Stan,

Wet - It was taken on the X-T2, so obviously going to turn out excellent ;) A good study of the water droplets.
The crop into the apple helps, I feel, against the pure black background to ground the subject.

Free - Dutch works here (as well as allowing you to do a horizontal vertical shot). Good colours and an excellent 'less is more' image.

Entrance - An interesting thing, especially the use of distressed steelwork. Quite like that.

Nice perspective in this shot. There's quite a lot of that unpainted metal stuff in and around Barcelona too. Seems to be fashionable. Oh, and blue skies, too. We have lots of 'em!!

Hi Stan,

Wet - It was taken on the X-T2, so obviously going to turn out excellent ;) A good study of the water droplets.
The crop into the apple helps, I feel, against the pure black background to ground the subject.

Free - Dutch works here (as well as allowing you to do a horizontal vertical shot). Good colours and an excellent 'less is more' image.

Entrance - An interesting thing, especially the use of distressed steelwork. Quite like that.

Thanks, Tim. I'm very happy with the X-T2 but toying with the idea to upgrade to the T3. Perhaps Dave @Dave70D could persuade me to or just gift me his! :rolleyes:

Top class image Stan, I like the orange of the corroded steel against the nice blue of the sky.

Thanks, Carl.

Nice perspective in this shot. There's quite a lot of that unpainted metal stuff in and around Barcelona too. Seems to be fashionable. Oh, and blue skies, too. We have lots of 'em!!

Cheers, Bob. I believe those steel are used for some motorway bridges too because they are supposed to be maintenance free.

Nice opportunist capture there. I like it. Bet it would look good in mono too

Nice opportunist capture there. I like it. Bet it would look good in mono too

Thanks, Ian. Black and White, that's a thought I always open to suggestions.

Cracking shot for Entrance Stan. I agree the high contrast in the image really makes it stand out. Looks nice and warm there too :)

Thanks, Lee.

Love the shot for Young Stan, great separation from the BG too, really makes it jump out!

Fantastic macro work as always Stan!(y)
Your command of DoF and composition on these style of simple images is second to none!
Terrific separation and the colours are tremendous, such fine detail too!
Very nice indeed!:clap:

Thank you, Gareth, I'm pleased you like the shot and your kind words are very much appreciated.

Back