weekly rpn's 2019 Project 52 Week 52 - OUT-TAKES Added and COMPLETED

Nice Smooth shot, great use of a long exposure, and really suits the colour scheme.

Love the muted tones in this image. Long exposure was my first thought for this week as well but when I went out the tide was well out!! Well done.
I like it just as well, if not a wee bit more, with the jetty cropped out.

Last edited:
Nice Smooth shot, great use of a long exposure, and really suits the colour scheme.

Thanks, Jim. Ideally, I like to have a blue sky with some cloud movement but being in Scotland..... :)

Love the muted tones in this image. Long exposure was my first thought for this week as well but when I went out the tide was well out!! Well done.
I like it just as well, if not a wee bit more, with the jetty cropped out.

Thanks, Joan. Very good point about more jetty but any closer I may end up with a very wet camera!

Hi Stan

Entrance, Now thats is an interesting entrance, Love the rust and shadow details, it is well captured.

Young and SOOC, Nice image, I like the softness of the whole image, nice colours and OOF background.

Food, You have made that Image interesting, very clever idea.

Smooth, and it is very Smooth. good use of the big stopper along with the muted colours. Nice one.

Pete

Hi Stan

Entrance, Now thats is an interesting entrance, Love the rust and shadow details, it is well captured.

Young and SOOC, Nice image, I like the softness of the whole image, nice colours and OOF background.

Food, You have made that Image interesting, very clever idea.

Smooth, and it is very Smooth. good use of the big stopper along with the muted colours. Nice one.

Pete

Thanks, Pete for the catchup comments.

Great muted colours in that and just the right amount of exposure :)

Great muted colours in that and just the right amount of exposure :)

Thanks, Allan.

Smashing long exposure Stan, perfect for the smooth theme!
It's interesting to see the non filtered version too.
The long exposure has lifted what would have been quite a gloomy (but still good) image to a remarkable and compelling seascape.
(y)

Thanks, Gareth for the in-depth comments and I appreciated them.

Nicely smoothed out! Not much colour going on so I think I;d have gone mono for this one.

Bang on theme Stan and as with Tim’s placed well in the frame the sky is good and I like the lights on the aircraft

Reactions: rpn
Hi Stan,

Young - Very shallow DoF. Perhaps too shallow, I would have liked the pink tips of the flower to have been in the sharpest region really.

Food - Chuckle, I really like that. It must've taken quite some effort and more than a few goes to get that shape right. Really liking this shot. I think that would sell you know.

Smooth - The long exposure really works to present a calm effect on what looks like it was really quite a rough day.
Interesting how it doesn't lose the wind farm (okay so the blades are gone, but at that range it doesn't matter).

Above - So I finally got here :) You have more blue sky in your version, but I think you need to come down a tad in your shutter speed to allow the props to blur more. Maybe 1/200th? Nicely composed with space to fly into.

Hi Stan,

Young - Very shallow DoF. Perhaps too shallow, I would have liked the pink tips of the flower to have been in the sharpest region really.

Food - Chuckle, I really like that. It must've taken quite some effort and more than a few goes to get that shape right. Really liking this shot. I think that would sell you know.

Smooth - The long exposure really works to present a calm effect on what looks like it was really quite a rough day.
Interesting how it doesn't lose the wind farm (okay so the blades are gone, but at that range it doesn't matter).

Above - So I finally got here :) You have more blue sky in your version, but I think you need to come down a tad in your shutter speed to allow the props to blur more. Maybe 1/200th? Nicely composed with space to fly into.

Thanks, Tim for the catch-up comments and much appreciated.

As for the fried egg, I've got a print-out of the Yin Yang to more or less the same size and use that as a template. :)

Cracking image for SMOOTH … the milky water effects always appeal to me.
ABOVE - nice positioning and the lights as well as the blur on the props look good.

Cracking image for SMOOTH … the milky water effects always appeal to me.
ABOVE - nice positioning and the lights as well as the blur on the props look good.

Thanks, Bob. I was right below the aircraft path as it comes to land stand between the Approach Lighting System (ALS).

Above is a great shot as with the lights being on it just makes the shot even better.

Cheers, Dave.

Last edited:
I like them both but the first is my pick. I like the perspective and the composition looking straight up at the aircraft. Perfect amount of movement in the blades as well. Well done.

Two terrific images for the 'above' theme Stan!
The first is my pick too....just love the simple composition, nice sky detail, great contrasts and the lights on the aircraft draw the eye nicely!
The motion blur on the propellers is jolly good too!
Just 'plane' fab!(y)

Above
That's a cracking shot, in fact they both are.
I've no more to say really.

Smooth - very nicely done. I think it's a great image.

Above - I love this image. So clever and the placement and framing of the aeroplane is perfect

Above
That's a cracking shot, in fact they both are.
I've no more to say really.

Thanks, Dominic and pleased you like it.

Smooth - very nicely done. I think it's a great image.

Above - I love this image. So clever and the placement and framing of the aeroplane is perfect

Cheers, Ian.

Hi Stan, I'm still here, just about hanging on at the min.

ENTRANCE I like the shadows, the light has definitely added to it, it looks an interesting building.

YOUNG is a super gentle image I love the soft focus it adds a delicate touch.

FOOD you've hit the topic well with that one, I can see it hanging in a modern art gallery as a massive print.

SMOOTH Thanks for putting on both images, it really shows the difference, I love those smooth water shots they're so tranquil and peaceful looking.

ABOVE I like them both but I think I like #2 the best, the addition of the runway lights just adds that extra something.

Hi Stan, I'm still here, just about hanging on at the min.

ENTRANCE I like the shadows, the light has definitely added to it, it looks an interesting building.

YOUNG is a super gentle image I love the soft focus it adds a delicate touch.

FOOD you've hit the topic well with that one, I can see it hanging in a modern art gallery as a massive print.

SMOOTH Thanks for putting on both images, it really shows the difference, I love those smooth water shots they're so tranquil and peaceful looking.

ABOVE I like them both but I think I like #2 the best, the addition of the runway lights just adds that extra something.

Many thanks for the catch-up comments, Susie, and for your support.

Hi Stan,

Liking your image for smooth. It's possibly too smooth for water, it looks like a kind of mist. Not a criticism - just the effect of the ND filters.
Both shots for above are very good. I like the blur in the props of the first one so that clinches it over the other shot for me.

Nice bit of prop blur in the first ABOVE shot - but I thjink I prefer the 2nd.

Hi Stan,

Liking your image for smooth. It's possibly too smooth for water, it looks like a kind of mist. Not a criticism - just the effect of the ND filters.
Both shots for above are very good. I like the blur in the props of the first one so that clinches it over the other shot for me.

Thanks, Lee. Pleased you like the shots.

Nice bit of prop blur in the first ABOVE shot - but I thjink I prefer the 2nd.

Thanks, Dave.

This is my first idea when the theme was posted and I know there are a couple of Hot Chilli shots already this week but I think mine is slightly different. Although this is from just one image I have to proces it twice in RAW, one for the smoke and the other for the chilli then stacked them in PS and a bit of masking to get this result.

Week 16 - Hot

Hot by Stan, on Flickr

Back