weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Two great images Stan both are amazing but No 2 gets my vote the light is incredible.

Both good though I prefer the light and the angle on the pillbox in the first image.

Sorry Stan, playing catch up with comments tonight.. I struggle to keep on top of them.
I love last weeks Tool theme, you certainly put your on spin on it artistically with thought and planning going into it. Brilliantly executed, super sharp photo and love the story that I interpreted it to be.
The pill box is an awesome photo, the amazing colours in the sky with the discarded pill box standing abandoned by those who no longer required it nestled in the foreground.
Big thumbs up from me for the last 2 weeks.

Hi Stan lovely lighting on the pill box and a beautiful sunset too.

Cheers, Clive. I was lucky with the light that evening.

Sorry Stan, playing catch up with comments tonight.. I struggle to keep on top of them.
I love last weeks Tool theme, you certainly put your on spin on it artistically with thought and planning going into it. Brilliantly executed, super sharp photo and love the story that I interpreted it to be.
The pill box is an awesome photo, the amazing colours in the sky with the discarded pill box standing abandoned by those who no longer required it nestled in the foreground.
Big thumbs up from me for the last 2 weeks.

Thanks, Heather for the catch-up comments and glad you like the shots.

This is the shot I've in mind when the Silly Wet technique theme was drawn back at the beginning of January. It is a stitched image from 3 separate shots merged together, taken late this afternoon during sunset hour on top of a car park. I was able to take the same scene further away a few years back but an apartment block has since been built and blocking the viewpoint.

Week 5 - Snapper's Choice (City Skyline) + Silhouette Technique

City Skyline by Stan, on Flickr

Last edited:
Nice image, I really like the cloud line just above the building line. The silhouette is great too and all very sharp, and a really nice hint of pink in the sky - really well taken.

Nice image, I really like the cloud line just above the building line. The silhouette is great too and all very sharp, and a really nice hint of pink in the sky - really well taken.

Thanks, Jim. I was lucky again with the light as it has been very cloudy during the day.

Discarded - I really like the second one the sky is great
Free choice - I like that, well done on putting the old view back together.

I can only agree with other posts, That Sky looks amazing and you have nailed the technique subject too.

That's a cracking skyline Stan.
Technique well and truly sorted too :)

Yep - thatb silly wet is a doozy!

Works nicely Stan, I wouldn't have guessed it was a stitch.
I like the angry expanse of sky and how it works against the silhouetted skyline.

Thanks, Tim. I took one with a 16-35mm lens initially but the two towers ended up like the one in Pisa due to distortion.

Reactions: LC2
Super light captured in both the discarded and also snappers choice, technique works really well.

I like that photo, great atmospheric light with the skyline in the foreground works very well!

Hi Stan, you really did catch some lovely light in the main image for Discarded. Out of curiosity I clicked through and looked at the others from that series on Flickr and really liked the one with the beautiful sky, then came back and saw you had also posted that one. I agree with some of the earlier comments in preferring that one for the glorious sky and clouds, although I can see why you made the other one your main choice. Great idea and super light (y)

Your latest image is another great choice of location to incorporate the silhouette technique, Those two main towers are shapely and balance the scene perfectly, and then you notice the swarm of other structures sticking up at the bottom against the bank of cloud. I would never have guessed you stitched it together and it works very well indeed :clap:

Hi Stan, you really did catch some lovely light in the main image for Discarded. Out of curiosity I clicked through and looked at the others from that series on Flickr and really liked the one with the beautiful sky, then came back and saw you had also posted that one. I agree with some of the earlier comments in preferring that one for the glorious sky and clouds, although I can see why you made the other one your main choice. Great idea and super light (y)

Your latest image is another great choice of location to incorporate the silhouette technique, Those two main towers are shapely and balance the scene perfectly, and then you notice the swarm of other structures sticking up at the bottom against the bank of cloud. I would never have guessed you stitched it together and it works very well indeed :clap:

Wow, Andrea, thanks so much for the very kind words.

That's a good sky you've got there and the silhouetted builds are just in the right place.

That's a good sky you've got there and the silhouetted builds are just in the right place.

Thanks, Dominic and this was the view from further away back in 2015. A modern office block has since been built obstructing the middle two towers with only the spires still visible.

Silhouette by Stan, on Flickr

This handsome looking boy is affectionally known as Mac. He was ringed on the 9th of April 2015 at Bestumkilen, near Akershus, Oslo in Norway! His full ring number is 4274391. He made his way over to Aberdeen in NE Scotland during the winter months for a number of years now so he is actually quite a WILD one.

Taken with my favourite but seldom used lens; Nikon 70-200mm f2.8.

Week 06 - Wild

Pretty Wild Boy by Stan, on Flickr

My original idea for this week's theme was at the river bank where otters have been sighted recently but they were nowhere to be seen at the time. However, a swan was nearby and here's a couple of images. There are more in my Flickr page link below my signature.

Swing by Stan, on Flickr

Tingle by Stan, on Flickr

Back