weekly rpn's 2020 52 Photo Challenge - Week 52 DECORATIONS Added ***COMPLETE***

Great result from the torch lighting. It gives it a very sinister air.

I struggle for ideas this week as there are so many things and items that suit the theme but trying to capture something different is a bit challenging. In the end, I opt for our very basic tool of this 52 project and also try to add some fun into the image too.

I'm sure quite a few of us have more that one camera or even like me an older film SLR.

Week 17 More The One

More Than One by Stan, on Flickr

I knew it was a blind and a good image too. Loving the more than one take too Stan.

Cheers, Dave. I'm nowhere near the number of Fujifilm cameras you own. It looks like 7 cameras and 8 lenses from your signature. :eek:
I was going to trade-in the X-E1 for the X-T2 at the time but the value was less than £150 so I decided to keep it and got a 27mm pancake lens for it and use it as a 'pocket' camera.

Hi Stan, just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment. Your stacked image for Flora is a beauty and the water drops are the cherry on top. Stacking is something I have yet to try and it has worked well in this image. All of your time images are worthy, but my favourite is the second showing the close-up details of the skeleton watch; I just find them fascinating!

The final image is a cracker and what a good idea for a photo forum challenge :) I like the inclusion of the film camera and reels alongside the two digital cameras, while the busy stormtroopers add some much needed humour in these times :clap:

Reactions: rpn
Hi Stan, just a little catch up as I'm so behind with commenting at the moment. Your stacked image for Flora is a beauty and the water drops are the cherry on top. Stacking is something I have yet to try and it has worked well in this image. All of your time images are worthy, but my favourite is the second showing the close-up details of the skeleton watch; I just find them fascinating!

The final image is a cracker and what a good idea for a photo forum challenge :) I like the inclusion of the film camera and reels alongside the two digital cameras, while the busy stormtroopers add some much needed humour in these times :clap:

Thanks so much, Andrea for the catch-up comments. I Very much appreciated them. I thought a roll of film would add some interest to the shot and looking at the image again I should've two of the troopers carry a memory card too. :)

Cheers, Dave. I'm nowhere near the number of Fujifilm cameras you own. It looks like 7 cameras and 8 lenses from your signature. :eek:
I was going to trade-in the X-E1 for the X-T2 at the time but the value was less than £150 so I decided to keep it and got a 27mm pancake lens for it and use it as a 'pocket' camera.

As I gave away a X-E3, I only have six cameras now plus my Ricoh and Sony (y)

Thanks so much, Andrea for the catch-up comments. I Very much appreciated them. I thought a roll of film would add some interest to the shot and looking at the image again I should've two of the troopers carry a memory card too. :)

Oh yes, that would have been a good touch! Never mind, the image works brilliantly as it is :)

You’re ‘more than one’ really made me smile. I love the way you’re so inventive with these - little touches like the film canister really add to it.

You’re ‘more than one’ really made me smile. I love the way you’re so inventive with these - little touches like the film canister really add to it.

Thanks, B. Glad it makes you smile. :) Some youngsters may never see a roll of film before! :giggle: They may even at a loss not able to preview the image. :LOL:

Nice one Stan, not an Image I would have thought of if I used S for my Initial

Well done Stan.. that really made me smile. I could do with a cleaning crew like that - pet hate is cleaning kit!

That's a great take on the theme Stan.

Nice fun shot, makes me wonder about getting my Harleys out for the >1 shot.
Are you contemplating an X-T4 ?

Harley? Is it Davidson? Would love to see them. :love:

Yes, I've been considering an X-T4 and I believe they are now available. Just got an email about them being available from authorised dealers.

My other idea for this week's theme is this.

FZ6 Fazer S2 Tail Pipes by Stan, on Flickr

Nice collection of Cameras Stan this was one of my ideas..

Do you hire the Storm Troopers out for cleaning duties???

I really like the processing. It works well and makes it more interesting. The music did seem in a slightly odd place for a piano, but that doesn’t detract from it, and your other shot explains it.

Edit: I’ve just viewed it larger and can now see the modern symbols. I didn’t spot them before.

Last edited:
Back