weekly Seaodysseys 52 for 2021 (Critique Welcome) Week 51 & 52

Heh. Made me smile.

I wonder what a bit of under-exposure would have done to try and increase the atmosphere/gloomy feel to the underpass(?)

Green
Lots of different shades with interesting shapes, personally I would have cropped in from the bottom corner to remove the items on the edges.

Snapper's Choice
It's amazing how well weeds survive even after being doused with weedkiller but anything I attempt to grow manages to wither all by itself!! The image looks a bit busy to single out specific features.

Looking down
The railway tracks always provide opportunities for interesting images. The weather is helping to show the image at its best, I'm sure it has a very different appearance in the rain.

Indigenous
Good take on the theme, I always wonder how the graffiti artists visualise the art when the "canvas" is so wide and they are spraying near the surface.

Heh. Made me smile.

I wonder what a bit of under-exposure would have done to try and increase the atmosphere/gloomy feel to the underpass(?)

:LOL:
I'll never look at the underpass graffiti the same way again

:clap:Excellent shoe horn!

Lol, I love the shoe hornedness of your write up.
I also love the work put into some of the tags there.

Green
Lots of different shades with interesting shapes, personally I would have cropped in from the bottom corner to remove the items on the edges.

Snapper's Choice
It's amazing how well weeds survive even after being doused with weedkiller but anything I attempt to grow manages to wither all by itself!! The image looks a bit busy to single out specific features.

Looking down
The railway tracks always provide opportunities for interesting images. The weather is helping to show the image at its best, I'm sure it has a very different appearance in the rain.

Indigenous
Good take on the theme, I always wonder how the graffiti artists visualise the art when the "canvas" is so wide and they are spraying near the surface.
Thank you all for taking time to comment, currently out of Mojo at the moment,much too hot weather and and other reasons, but going to carry on.

Pete

Week 28 Plants and Technique (Tone Mapping)

Week28 Plants by Peter, on Flickr

Found this ginormous plant while out walking Dudley, took some pictures of it today and toned mapped this one. I think it is a Cynara cardunculus.

Pete

Nice plant pic!

really nice plant image and I have to agree with the comments about the tone mapping, well done.

:clap: That's an excellent example of Tone Mapping technique. Very subtle and just enough to bring out all the fine details and texture.

I agree with the above comment, it works well

I agree with the above, you've done the processing very nicely and it doesn't jump put at you as processed.

Lovely shot, great colour and detail

Nice plant pic!

really nice plant image and I have to agree with the comments about the tone mapping, well done.

Plant
A good architectural plant, good colours too.

I like the composition with the other blooms fading into the distance and you've got lovely detail in the main head.

Thank you all for your comments.

Pete

Dominating - that works (pylon was my fall back too - and my still be!)

Always interesting to see a pylon that is the end of the line and only loaded on one side - it just looks a bit "wrong".

Dominating - that works (pylon was my fall back too - and my still be!)

Always interesting to see a pylon that is the end of the line and only loaded on one side - it just looks a bit "wrong".

It looks to be disused, none of the lines are connected and there is no equipment in the pound, on the other side of the railway is where its all connected and humming away.

Pete

That's definitely strong HDR and it brings out the sky dramatically. A bit too overcooked for me but you've certainly hit the tech!

That's definitely strong HDR and it brings out the sky dramatically. A bit too overcooked for me but you've certainly hit the tech!
Thanks Helen
I wanted the clouds to be given lots of contrast as they where just white, It is over cooked for me as well, but it was an experiment.

Pete

It’s a very bold image, strange though as it looked overcooked as you say on my computer but on my phone it looks less so. I had thought you had edited the picture since I last saw it. I like the clouds a lot.

It’s a very bold image, strange though as it looked overcooked as you say on my computer but on my phone it looks less so. I had thought you had edited the picture since I last saw it. I like the clouds a lot.
Hi Simon

Not edited since first posted. Thank you for your comment

Pete

I like the way the thumb points to the corner of the frame. Really nice detail in the skin too.

Yep - nicely done :)

Plants
Really interesting shapes with great details, what size are they?

Dominating
A necessary structure, and they do dominate the landscape in places unfortunately

Snappers Choice
It might benefit from a step to the left to seperate the gravestones .

Hands
Well processed in B&W, there is stray hair that catches my eyes that reduces some of the impact of the line

Nicely lit and processed. Fits the bill (y) Couldn't resist giving you a thumbs up :D
Thank you Bebop for the Thumbs up :D
I like the way the thumb points to the corner of the frame. Really nice detail in the skin too.
Thanks Nick, it didn't look right at any other angle.
Simple and to the point (y)
Thanks Allan
Yep - nicely done :)
Thanks Dave
Plants
Really interesting shapes with great details, what size are they?

Dominating
A necessary structure, and they do dominate the landscape in places unfortunately

Snappers Choice
It might benefit from a step to the left to seperate the gravestones .

Hands
Well processed in B&W, there is stray hair that catches my eyes that reduces some of the impact of the line
Hi Stuart, the round bits where about 4 to 5 inches across, so big plants.
Re the grave stones, it was not possible to move the taking point as there was another stone in the way, I knew someone would pick up the lack of seperation. The Cross had the best tecture where I could get the clouds behind, there was a line of trees to my right as well.
Hands
It's a thumbs up from me. Good black and white.
Thank you Dominic

Thank you all for taking the time.
Pete

Double Week catch up. Week 32 Fur and Week 33 Clean.

For Week 32 Fur, I did not want to take an obvious photo of Dudley <<-----
but I did give in to Mr Teddy

Week32Fur by Peter, on Flickr

And for Week 33 Clean, I have my wifes Great Grandson, nothing is as clean as a new baby, apart from the dirty nappies.
Week33Clean Baby by Peter, on Flickr

Pete

Two nice pix... gotta love a baby pic :love:

Both really nice images. Babies can be very clean and yet very messy as you've alluded to. A nice keeper image nonetheless.

I like your your chosen background and depth of field for the teddy. Really nice colours.

I love the smell of a clean baby :) Not so keen on the smell of dirty nappies ha ha! Really nicely captured. Vignette works well.

Two nice pix... gotta love a baby pic :love:
Thanks Dave
Both really nice images. Babies can be very clean and yet very messy as you've alluded to. A nice keeper image nonetheless.
Thanks for your comments Ian
I like your your chosen background and depth of field for the teddy. Really nice colours.

I love the smell of a clean baby :) Not so keen on the smell of dirty nappies ha ha! Really nicely captured. Vignette works well.
Thanks Bebop
Two ahhh shots. Have to say he's a very smart teddy.
Thank you Helen

Back