weekly Shirleyr's ~ 52's ~ 2017 ~ 46 to 52

Hi Shirley,

Occupation - Spot on for the theme. Nice contrast of the orange against the blue. Is this another shot taken at long(ish) range?

You - Film eh? Those was the days. Loving the curl :)

That's a lovely scene. I like that you've shown only a part of the arch and the line leading through it. The birds are feeding well too:)

Week 36 - Rustic arch, autumn leaves and an un-fussy garden that is wildlife friendly, great choice and well composed.

Nice shot Shirley

Nice shot Shirley

Bent - Rainbows always make me smile, double ones doubly so. Exposure is always tricky but well done.

Wood - Way better than any of my bird shots.

Looks like you have a lovely garden Shirley, very nice arch and pampas grass both well chosen for the themes. Excellent double rainbow and well done with the wood pecker. I've tried many times with birds and most go straight in the bin:D

Hi Shirley,

Arch - I'm going to differ from the other comments. I think there is a better angle hiding in that shot.
Did you consider lying on the ground, and slightly to your right to get a view looking upwards at the arch and also to try to position the orange flowers in the background dead centre of the arch?
Maybe one for a re-shoot?

Display - I much prefer the viewpoint of this shot, where you can look both up and down at the subject.
Pampass Grass eh? :angelic:

Bent - Glad to see a shot like this for bent. I tried and spectacularly failed. Good job :)

Wood - Like Dave, I thought this was a crop in. As it's not, I'm afraid this isn't one of your best, the sharpness just isn't there - which often isn't an issue if it's doing something interesting, but this one is just sitting on a branch, so needs the sharpness.

Bent
Some good contrast there between the rainbow and the dark sky and just enough light to show up the grass areas.

Wood
That's a good looking bird there. I've never got a camera within reach when I'm close enough to them.

Weeks 41 - 44
Wall, Symmetrical, Worn, Colourful
Wall, my garden wall replaced by a dry stone waller as Tesco's van knocked it down
Symmetrical, big bale silage on the side on a hill, an electic fence parts them so the cattle can eat the silage without the farmer moving the bales, handy idea but the fields turns into one big mud bath, the cattle are often up to their knees in cold wet mud all through the winter.
Worn, a very old anchor found on the beach now used as a garden ornament
Colourful, berries by a garden gate.Wall .jpg IMG_0083[1].jpg Worn.jpg Colourful by the garden gate.jpg

Hi Shirley

Wall - Nice bit of Dry Stone wall. Quite impressive that Tesco were able to get someone to build that for you.
Symmetrical - Sorry, but I don't get that one.
Worn - An old anchor of some kind? In interesting looking piece, but could do with a more attractive backdrop. I'm thinking not stuck next to a drain.
Colourful - Goos choice of colours, Red & Green, quite festive (y) Whilst it is probably quite an accurate colour rendition, maybe adding in some vibrancy would have sold the theme a bit more. The colour of the grass that we can just see is more appealing I feel...

now remote... I bet that's not going to be too much of a challenge? ;)

Hi Shirley

Wall - Nice bit of Dry Stone wall. Quite impressive that Tesco were able to get someone to build that for you.
Symmetrical - Sorry, but I don't get that one.
Worn - An old anchor of some kind? In interesting looking piece, but could do with a more attractive backdrop. I'm thinking not stuck next to a drain.
Colourful - Goos choice of colours, Red & Green, quite festive (y) Whilst it is probably quite an accurate colour rendition, maybe adding in some vibrancy would have sold the theme a bit more. The colour of the grass that we can just see is more appealing I feel...

now remote... I bet that's not going to be too much of a challenge? ;)
I saw a photo on symmetrical of graves and my idea was as things in lines or a pattern, seems I got it wrong and then a bit of dull grass is better than a wall of bright berries.
I'm sorry but the more I try the more you criticize and I've had enough, can't do right from wrong. That's is for me with the 52's.

Hi Shirley,
It's meant as critique, not criticism, as ideas on what could perhaps be done differently / what I might do etc.
And it's purely my opinion, so please ignore it.
Please don't quit simply because I've tried to suggest things (which you don't agree with) rather than simply hitting the like button and moving on.

Hi Shirley, your image for height qualifies on two counts, I reckon, with the height of the helicopter and also the greater height you were viewing it from. A really unusual angle! A good fit for Power too, as those things really are beasts.

I hope you'll finish your 52 as you're so close to the end now.

Week ~No 46 to 52. I started and finished.
No 46 Remote
No 47 Build
No 48 Juicy
No 49 Broad
No 50 Rustic
No 51 Festive
No 52 WeatherFar far away.jpg Build.jpg Jucy.jpg Broad.jpg Rustic.jpg

Back