weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Yep another one for the sewing machine shot but that said both are really top draw shots (y)

Hi Susie, both good images, sewing machine was one of my ideas too. I like the processing on both if I had to choose I think the sewing machine some nice detail in there

Both are good clean shots, nicely picked out against the black background.
The sewing machine for me, due to the reflections.

Hi Susie :)

A couple of nice shots there, liking the colour of both of them, but for me it's going to be the sewing machine, really like the angle and the reflection (y)

Two nice idea's Susie, I'm with the other two guys as well the sewing machine has it (y)

Thanks guys ...it's one of those weird shots that I really enjoyed messing with :)

Hi Susie,

Two good shots there. I'm going against the flow here, no 2's my favourite, I like the angle you've shot at (or maybe it's because I just like what foodmixers produce!)

Thanks Lorraine ...there's something about that one that I really like too :)

My vote also goes to the sewing machine. I've spent many hours in front of one making kites to not like it. For my it's the reflection of the foot that makes it.

Thank you Peter ...I appreciate you looking in :)

Close up - certainly looks a lovely place to be! I did smile when I read you were not actually wearing your boots, cant say I blame you!
Machine is the sewing machine one for me, like the processing too
:)

Yes Hazel I did cheat a bit on that one didn't I :Dthank you for hopping in.

Another vote for the sewing machine here Susie.
It was a shot that occurred to be too...but I neither have a sewing machine, nor know anyone with one...which put paid to that :LOL:

Lol ....thanks for looking in Ruth, I must admit I'm not a sewing fan ...I 've had that one for years

I too have thought of Sewing Machine but then thought ours is a bit boring modern-looking. You've done well there Susie zooming in on the needle like that ... good reflection too. And the mixer ... (y)

Ta d00d ... good fun doing those ....it made a nice change :)

Hi Susie

Sewing machine shot for me , nothing wrong with the whisk one but the the sewing machine one stands out more , like the inclusion of the reflection& the subtle color tone, don;t think it would have worked quite as well in B&W...nice work missus :clap:

Thanks Lynne ...it was originally B&W but that's a tone I like a lot, it's a bit softer.

Yep another one for the sewing machine shot but that said both are really top draw shots (y)

Thanks Simon ....very much appreciate your comments :)

Whisk for me. I like the angle and lack of shadow detail works for me.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy ...I did find it hard to choose, I think they both have their merits ...the mixer is to me a cleaner shot, which I like.

A re-shoot for Close-up ...someone got a bit too close to an electric planer :eek:

This is part of a project that I've set myself ...Hands....not sure where it will take me but I'm sure it will be interesting.

I think I missed the focus a bit which is annoying, but he wasn't too keen on standing still and posing !!

hands 2 by susiejb2, on Flickr

Last edited:
Hi, Susie, sounds like an interesting project.

I honestly don't care about the and to quote Ansel Adams, "There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."

Really weathered hands and I've always admired people who can make things.

Cheers.

oh dear I did a sewing machine too, and me an engineer lol. I think both your machine shots look a little dark tbh. I like your close-up re-shoot. are you doing your hands project on here? sounds very interesting :)

Machine - the sewing machine for me, great detail and the reflection in the shiny base works really well.

Close Up - same comments as on your Hands thread - great shot :clap:

Good luck with the project Susie, it sounds interesting, and a nice close up too (y)

Plane and simple ( sorry :coat: ) :D

Hi, Susie, sounds like an interesting project.

I honestly don't care about the and to quote Ansel Adams, "There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."

Really weathered hands and I've always admired people who can make things.

Cheers.

I'm a bit late replying but thanks Andy, I shall certainly keep that quote in mind (y)

Hi Susie - I really like the combination of shots in your alphabet montage ( is that the right word?), it's like a flash of instant sunshine - nice :)

Hi Susie, was scrolling UP the pics thread and spotted this.. Immediately thought this has to be yours. :)

Lovely contrast of the flowers on the blue BG, fitting with the blue of the frame nicely. Text and font is perfect too.

Of the individual shots... Centre left is a beauty. I do like a bit of back lighting and you've used that fantastically well here. :)

What a brilliant idea ... and well executed. Love the constant yellow of the flowers with some green thrown in and the happy sky blue BG.

My favourite, make that three .... ML, MR, BR. (y)

Hi Susie, was scrolling UP the pics thread and spotted this.. Immediately thought this has to be yours. :)

Lovely contrast of the flowers on the blue BG, fitting with the blue of the frame nicely. Text and font is perfect too.

Of the individual shots... Centre left is a beauty. I do like a bit of back lighting and you've used that fantastically well here. :)

Thanks for looking in Graham ....lovely to see you :) Yes I really like that one too, the light was just in the right place.

As others have pointed out, the reflection adds to the sewing MACHINE shot. :clap:
With the ALPHABET combo, the individual images are very good. I like the two either side of the title best.
SOUND fits the theme perfectly. It also occured to me but there's no pond on my balcony!!

Hi Susie, implied sound works well, my only thought is that I find the foliage a little distracting, although others may argue it adds balance and context. If it was me I would have underexposed and used either flash or a torch to illuminate the water on its own.
Like I said that's just me. However you've captured the implied sound well (y)

Alphabet. Very bright and colourful....they look like happy flowers!

Sound.....The implication of sound must be a strong one, because now I need to pee :LOL:

As others have pointed out, the reflection adds to the sewing MACHINE shot. :clap:
With the ALPHABET combo, the individual images are very good. I like the two either side of the title best.
SOUND fits the theme perfectly. It also occured to me but there's no pond on my balcony!!

Thanks for looking in Bob ...no pond but lucky you having a balcony :)

Hi Susie, implied sound works well, my only thought is that I find the foliage a little distracting, although others may argue it adds balance and context. If it was me I would have underexposed and used either flash or a torch to illuminate the water on its own.
Like I said that's just me. However you've captured the implied sound well (y)

Thanks Chris ...yes perhaps I could have taken it at night and used the flash on my camera, it doesn't go off in daylight and I don't have an external one. But I may have fallen in in the dark :)

Thanks Chris ...yes perhaps I could have taken it at night and used the flash on my camera, it doesn't go off in daylight and I don't have an external one. But I may have fallen in in the dark :)
We wouldn't want that :)

I take it you mean the little pop up one doesn't go off. You should be able to force it to fire, to enable it to be used as a fill flash. To be fair though you're best with Off Camera Flash, that way you can move it to highlight only what you want lit.
The alternative is you could always use a torch to highlight the area you want lit.

Hi Susie,
I hope you don't mind but I had a little play in Lightroom. What I did was darken the leaves on the right and clone out a couple of the white spots. I'll attach as a thumbnail so as to not detract from yours. If you would like me to remove it simply ask and its gone. No offence intended :D
View attachment 35323

Last edited:
Perfect for the theme susie ... fresh, clean, natural, healthy ... I can hear it too!

Hi Susie, nice montage of flowers for alphabet nice idea to show different aspects of the same flower

sound i can hear that water too, nice focus on the water

Hi Susie,

Sound - another clever idea. I love the sound of splashing water, and you've caught just enough movement in the water too (y)

Hi Susie.....

Your Alphabet floral montage is lovely , like the differing angles , the blue you've chosen to set them against & the different stages of a flowers life cycle...in fact I like everything about it :clap:

Sound....well captured flowing water ,the foliage in the bg works for me :clap:

:agree:
Lovely set for your alphabet flower Super idea all well shot.
Not normally a fan of running water shots but really like that its focused well on the bubbles nice feel of water flow and the oof greenery adds that final piece to bring together a really good picture. :clap:

Back