weekly Susiejb 52 in 2015 Christmas ...and that's me finished for 2015

Hi Susie, very very good image, I love the under exposure to silhouette the people and the sense of peace and tranquility :clap:

Hey that's nice ... long shadows and silhouettes. :clap:

Is it infrared technique or something?

Hi Susie, I love this - loads of atmosphere and those highlights are gorgeous :clap: :clap: :clap:
Hi Susie :)

Figures - Oooo I love this one, the highlights and shadows all over the image make it very captivating for me - super image indeed :clap:

Lovely picture, very emotive.

That took my breath away Susie, so atmospheric! A superb image (y)

Hi Susie, very very good image, I love the under exposure to silhouette the people and the sense of peace and tranquility :clap:

Thank you so much everyone :) I'm really pleased you like it.

Took me a moment ot work out what was haoppening in the Household picture as I didn't see the knife in there at first. Clever, and nice colours.

Alphabet - Individually this are really super images. I especially like the middle right. But as a group it makes them stronger. I even think the font you’ve chosen suits the subjects well. Which font was it?

Sound - Fits the theme although after the alphabet submission it just needed something extra in the shot to keep the interest

Experiment - Well #1 is a great attempt at this style. I like how the flower shows up in different angles as it goes across the water droplets. I’m not so keen on the border but #2 is so minimalist that it screams quality. I could imagine a whole series of these on a wall at home or in a gallery

Heat - A very summery take on the theme. I feel it’s a little of down the left hand side but that’s not too distracting

Figures - The dark top and bottom of this really draws the eyes to the two people in the centre of the image. I’m undecided about the grasses but that provides some context to the dark foreground so don’t feel that’s too much of a deal breaker.

Household - Forgive the pun but that’s a super sharp image. I’m not sure about the blue as I think the knife and fork and strong enough anyway

Household...Really like that one.
Not sure what's causing the blue, but the colour suits the image.

Hi Susie, just a quick catch-up to start with after you were good enough to visit my thread :)

I really like all of your clever and colourful abstract images for Patterns, especially the triptychs, and by the time I got to your images for Bliss and Fragile I knew I was going to love this thread! Your teddy bear made me smile because I have one very like that, looking similarly well loved, and I do like the image for Watery with the lighting and those lovely blue tones and frozen bubbles; a very effective close-up image :clap:

I also enjoyed the bright colours and composition for Bold, and the daffodils for Crowd was a great idea, with that riot of petals and the one standing out from the crowd, while your first Machine image is a great choice and the reflection really makes it work well. Sound is another favourite - not just a lovely well-lit image of running water, but you immediately know the associated sound too.

Your first Experiment image ought to be on a wall! It's something I want to try but haven't yet, and you've done it perfectly; really super colours and details. Figures is the sort of bright but atmospheric scene I have in mind for my catch-up but the last few evenings have lacked that clear light; yours works very well and the figures are beautifully placed and isolated. If I can get anything like that I will be pleased :)

I've enjoyed looking through your images and I will definitely be following your thread! (y)

Household ... had a quick look last night, saw the knife, again today and couldn't see it ... clever illusion. (y)

Last edited:
OOppss, missed Figures, now this I really like. Especially the very dark to and bottom sections. I don't even mind the grass in the FG. Has a slight stalking feel to it :)

Cheers.

Alphabet - Individually this are really super images. I especially like the middle right. But as a group it makes them stronger. I even think the font you’ve chosen suits the subjects well. Which font was it?

Sound - Fits the theme although after the alphabet submission it just needed something extra in the shot to keep the interest

Experiment - Well #1 is a great attempt at this style. I like how the flower shows up in different angles as it goes across the water droplets. I’m not so keen on the border but #2 is so minimalist that it screams quality. I could imagine a whole series of these on a wall at home or in a gallery

Heat - A very summery take on the theme. I feel it’s a little of down the left hand side but that’s not too distracting

Figures - The dark top and bottom of this really draws the eyes to the two people in the centre of the image. I’m undecided about the grasses but that provides some context to the dark foreground so don’t feel that’s too much of a deal breaker.

Household - Forgive the pun but that’s a super sharp image. I’m not sure about the blue as I think the knife and fork and strong enough anyway

Thanks Peter @Delta Skies for that very detailed comment ...I do appreciate it, I'm really pleased you like my photo's :) The font used in the flower one is called 'One Trick Tony,' not one I've ever hear of particularly but I like the fact it looks handwritten.

Hi Susie, same here too took a while to figure out the knife. Very sharp and clear image and the lighting is just superb. :clap:

Likewise about the blue, not sure whats happening there?

Thanks Stan ...it took a while for me to work it out too :) The blue ....I was just trying to be a bit arty and creative ...I quite like it, but I guess it's not everyone's cup of tea.

Household...Really like that one.
Not sure what's causing the blue, but the colour suits the image.

Thanks Ruth ...I wanted something different ...ref: the blue as above :)

Hi Susie, just a quick catch-up to start with after you were good enough to visit my thread :)

I really like all of your clever and colourful abstract images for Patterns, especially the triptychs, and by the time I got to your images for Bliss and Fragile I knew I was going to love this thread! Your teddy bear made me smile because I have one very like that, looking similarly well loved, and I do like the image for Watery with the lighting and those lovely blue tones and frozen bubbles; a very effective close-up image :clap:

I also enjoyed the bright colours and composition for Bold, and the daffodils for Crowd was a great idea, with that riot of petals and the one standing out from the crowd, while your first Machine image is a great choice and the reflection really makes it work well. Sound is another favourite - not just a lovely well-lit image of running water, but you immediately know the associated sound too.

Your first Experiment image ought to be on a wall! It's something I want to try but haven't yet, and you've done it perfectly; really super colours and details. Figures is the sort of bright but atmospheric scene I have in mind for my catch-up but the last few evenings have lacked that clear light; yours works very well and the figures are beautifully placed and isolated. If I can get anything like that I will be pleased :)

I've enjoyed looking through your images and I will definitely be following your thread! (y)

A big thank you Andrea for taking so much time on your comments ...glad to see that you like my photo's ...I hope you enjoy the challenge as much as I do.

Household ... had a quick look last night, saw the knife, again today and couldn't see it ... clever illusion. (y)

Ta d00d ...it worked out okay more by luck than judgement, but I was really pleased with it in the end.

Yeah, not too keen on the blue colour. That aside, I rather like this one. Nice and close, good detail and the B&W works really well.

Cheers.

Cheers Andy (y) As mentioned above I was trying out my creative streak with the blue ...but maybe I don't have one :)

OOppss, missed Figures, now this I really like. Especially the very dark to and bottom sections. I don't even mind the grass in the FG. Has a slight stalking feel to it :)

Cheers.

Thanks again ...I must admit I love those dark moody shots.

Another good shot Susie, I like that you don't really notice the knife at first

Thanks Allan ....it is a bit of an optical illusion isn't it ...thanks as always for looking :)

I didn't see the knife at first either Susie. Well composed and great deatil too but I'm not sure the blue adds anything as I keep looking at it rather than the main image as I try to figure out why it is there.

figures - really love this shot, reminds me of the song 'strangers on the shore' for some reason lol
household - the images twisted my head trying to work out what it was, I could see the fork but also the beads of metal and blue light which confused things. Still can't see the knife even though I know it's there. Tis a good shot but I'm not sure if just the fork would have been enough. Or make the knife more obvious maybe :)

I didn't see the knife at first either Susie. Well composed and great deatil too but I'm not sure the blue adds anything as I keep looking at it rather than the main image as I try to figure out why it is there.

Thanks Jill ...it is a bit of an optical illusion, maybe the blue didn't work ...I quite like it but I think I've been outvoted:)

figures - really love this shot, reminds me of the song 'strangers on the shore' for some reason lol
household - the images twisted my head trying to work out what it was, I could see the fork but also the beads of metal and blue light which confused things. Still can't see the knife even though I know it's there. Tis a good shot but I'm not sure if just the fork would have been enough. Or make the knife more obvious maybe :)

Thanks for looking in summer ....yes I like the figures one too...there are never that many people on the beach even on a lovely day like today.

With the knife one,to be honest I was concentrating more on getting it really sharp in focus, I didn't realise until afterwards that the knife did a disappearing act !

Figures: Oh my Susie, this is simply stunning, simple but very effective. Light just draws me to the first couple and then leads me to the person walking the dogs. One of those images that really grabs me. :clap:

Experiment is a cracker, I'd love to have a crack at something similar given the time. Beautifully done, concept, composition, colours... Love it.

Heat fits the theme, the bright colours give it a sense of fun too.

There's a lovely serenity to your figures shot, just calm comfortable isolaton, and the tones are lovely My scenic shot was done into the sun, and sometimes it really does the job. I hope the stuff about burning holes in mirrors & sensors is exaggerated!

I'm with the others on household, it's really nicely done, and I really like the composition, but the blue light confuses it a little.

I like how all the diagonal lines give an almost abstract effect against the dark bg. I quite like the blue, but agree with others that the image is powerful enough to take it or leave it :confused:

Hi Susie - I could spend ages looking at your household shot, it's an excellent optical illusion, Summer's right - it messes with your head because the knife vanishes as the eyes move around the image. - spot on :clap:

Experiment is a cracker, I'd love to have a crack at something similar given the time. Beautifully done, concept, composition, colours... Love it.

Heat fits the theme, the bright colours give it a sense of fun too.

There's a lovely serenity to your figures shot, just calm comfortable isolaton, and the tones are lovely My scenic shot was done into the sun, and sometimes it really does the job. I hope the stuff about burning holes in mirrors & sensors is exaggerated!

I'm with the others on household, it's really nicely done, and I really like the composition, but the blue light confuses it a little.

Thanks for looking in Nick ...the reflections are really interesting to do I'm sure you'd enjoy having a go. I didn't know about mirrors and sensors and burning holes
I will have to be careful. The blue has certainly proved to be a talking point :)

I like how all the diagonal lines give an almost abstract effect against the dark bg. I quite like the blue, but agree with others that the image is powerful enough to take it or leave it :confused:

Thanks Elaine ...maybe one I'll try again sometime ....I didn't save the one without the blue!

Hi Susie - I could spend ages looking at your household shot, it's an excellent optical illusion, Summer's right - it messes with your head because the knife vanishes as the eyes move around the image. - spot on :clap:

Thanks Lorraine ...I was really pleased with the illusion....it was more by luck than judgement though :)

Hi susie - sorry not been around much lately trying to catch up when I can. This shot is lovely and such a good take on the theme! Love the warm tones in the background. Nice shot!

Figures... Wow Susie that's a cracker! I really love that, love all the ripples and highlights running around the water in the foreground. Nice blacked out foreground with grasses silhouetted against the light. Great light and layers behind the couple really really nice! :)Very nice shadows running throughout the shot too.(y) I'd be more than happy with that as a landscape, great shot!

Household .... That's a nice one too quite abstract, actually really threw me clever reflections and really love that lighting your doing a good job there(y) Like that blue light am I the only one? Everyone says I'm weird:D I like it not that I'm an abstract person but just like it!

Shoehorn ooopppsss I mean Limit :D Nice clear shot, I would crop out that very distracting bottom quarter diagonal bit that almost looks like a finger in the shot ( I know it's not) then it works, nice shot, good DOF.

Nice work Susie, I'm still on the eternal catch up:(

Hi susie - sorry not been around much lately trying to catch up when I can. This shot is lovely and such a good take on the theme! Love the warm tones in the background. Nice shot!

Hi there ....it will be me that's not around the next two weeks as I'm away :0 thank you for taking the time to hop in ...glad you like it.

Limit - Good idea for the theme! Agree with Michalene adout the warm tones. :clap:

Thanks Bob, the terracotta pot threw up the tones so i was pleased with that.

Figures... Wow Susie that's a cracker! I really love that, love all the ripples and highlights running around the water in the foreground. Nice blacked out foreground with grasses silhouetted against the light. Great light and layers behind the couple really really nice! :)Very nice shadows running throughout the shot too.(y) I'd be more than happy with that as a landscape, great shot!

Household .... That's a nice one too quite abstract, actually really threw me clever reflections and really love that lighting your doing a good job there(y) Like that blue light am I the only one? Everyone says I'm weird:D I like it not that I'm an abstract person but just like it!

Shoehorn ooopppsss I mean Limit :D Nice clear shot, I would crop out that very distracting bottom quarter diagonal bit that almost looks like a finger in the shot ( I know it's not) then it works, nice shot, good DOF.

Nice work Susie, I'm still on the eternal catch up:(

Hi Steve @69Bonni ...thanks for taking so much time to comment...it does keep you busy doesn't it, no matter how hard you try you can never keep up.

Glad you like Figures :)

Ha ha that's you and me both with regard to the blue in household :D

Yes that bottom bits annoying on Limit, I did mess with a crop but it just didn't look right, I did think of cloning a bit of greenery in to cover it. It was a round pot and they're incredibly tiny, they're the new ones coming up for this year.

Back