The Fabulous Fuji X owners thread

DISASTER!!!!

I've managed to drop my 10-24 and it's broken the rear mount.

I'm going to send it off to Fuji to see if they can repair it, but with another lockdown starting, I think I'll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas.....

I feel like I've had an arm cut off, it is always my go to lens for landscape.

:eek::eek: :banghead::banghead:

Bad luck but an excuse to buy the new WR version???

Fuji repair is very efficient and I'm sure they will be working throughout lockdown

Fuji repair is very efficient and I'm sure they will be working throughout lockdown

I was meant to be going out this morning to shoot some local stuff... Really, really angry at myself.

DISASTER!!!!

I've managed to drop my 10-24 and it's broken the rear mount.

I'm going to send it off to Fuji to see if they can repair it, but with another lockdown starting, I think I'll be lucky to see it this side of Christmas.....

I feel like I've had an arm cut off, it is always my go to lens for landscape.

:eek::eek: :banghead::banghead:

Fingers crossed it'll be sorted in no time, My 10-24 took a tumble and had to have a new front element and filter ring, was done pretty sharpish and no charge beyond the fixed price stated on the website.

Morning campers!

Just to let you know, if you're rocking the Viltrox 85mm Mk1, Viltrox have released a new firmware upgrade.

The brief descriptive mentions aperture value adjustment but I can't see anything obvious having updated the firmware myself.

Thought I would share it with you guys anyway (y)
Cheers will try it later

Just thinking aloud here - I fancy playing around with vintage lenses but I don't want loads of different adapters. So, which mount type lenses to go for?

I can think of M42, M32 and Leica M mount.

Which would be the one to go for, do you think?

I already have a Nikon mount adapter.

Just thinking aloud here - I fancy playing around with vintage lenses but I don't want loads of different adapters. So, which mount type lenses to go for?

I can think of M42, M32 and Leica M mount.

Which would be the one to go for, do you think?

I already have a Nikon mount adapter.

M42 probably gives you the widest choice of cost effective glass

Hope to glean a bit of knowledge here.

I have been gifted a Minolta Dynax 800i with some very nice glass, 3 lenses in total. Now, I intend to take some pics through it using that stuff called film, but my primary interest is slapping the glass onto my X-Mount bodies.

To that end, is the adapter I need the Minolta AF (Sony A) or is it something different.

I have some old Minolta glass which uses the MD adapter but these new lenses don't fit that one.

Interested in the replies.
Thanks

Hope to glean a bit of knowledge here.

I have been gifted a Minolta Dynax 800i with some very nice glass, 3 lenses in total. Now, I intend to take some pics through it using that stuff called film, but my primary interest is slapping the glass onto my X-Mount bodies.

To that end, is the adapter I need the Minolta AF (Sony A) or is it something different.

I have some old Minolta glass which uses the MD adapter but these new lenses don't fit that one.

Interested in the replies.
Thanks

You can attach this using a Minolta AF to Fuji X converter but

The lenses will manual focus only, I don’t have experience of the manual adjustment on the Minolta AF lenses but perhaps try in the Dynax 800i first?

The lenses will be fully open, so you will need a mount with an aperture control ring, to enable the aperture to be changed. Depending on the quality of the converter will depend on the quality of the Bokeh

Thank you for the quick reply. Yes, I realise that I'll need an adapter with manual control and have to manual focus (like all my other adapters, Nikon, M42, L39, Olympus and MD).
I was checking that the A mount was shared with the Sony A mount too. This seems to be the case.

A K&D Concepts adapter from the usual places seems to be the kiddy to use (I have other K&D Concepts adapters and like their quality).

Off to order one now!

I don't think you will have a problem i phoned last week and sent my fuji lens for a mount replacement I filled in online forms next morning a box with return packaging inside
i packed lens and took to post office got receipt of postage all done FREE of charge just paid online for the repair and on return it comes with a 12month warranty :)

I took a trip (last before 'lockdown') to a woodland on the edge of Dartmoor today (Fingle Woods). Here's one if the images I grabbed (i'm not a woodland photographer by any means). I've playd with the PP a bit, any CC most welcome ...

X-Pro2; XF 16-55 @27mm; f11; 1/40; ISO200

Last edited:
Must admit, I made the decision a few years ago to go Canon FF rather than pursue the Fuji system. I made a good choice I think but I do still love my little T-10, I still have it and with the kit 16-50 and the 50-230, it's a very compact, walkabout set up that I can use for local walks and saves me lugging the Canon about.

One thing I wish though, is that a 3rd party telephoto lens was available. I know the 100-400 is a dream lens but I can't justify buying that for what is a second system for me. I bought the Viltrox adapter, that allows me to use Canon glass on my T-10 with AF. AF is reasonable, I know it's not going to be as good as native glass but it's workable. One thing I hadn't realised, so it's my bad, is that the centre 9 AF points are PDAF, so next time I use adapted glass, I will be using just those 9 points.

I have considered a new Fuji body with better AF but that's getting into Fuji tele lens money.....but

What about a used X-H1, could I expect better AF performance than on my T-10 with adapted glass? I know it won't be as good as native but for my intended use, an improvement would do. (y)

Last edited:
So I have had one of those "kick yourself" days today!

I decided to take the camera out on my lunchtime stroll along the footpath close to home. Found a decent spot for a good composition and shot away.

During editing I found the foliage in the distance to be very mushy but couldn't figure out why. I knew it wasn't the lens as the Viltrox 23mm is plenty sharp when stopped down.
I carried on editing anyway before the penny dropped when uploading to flickr - yep my ISO was locked at 6400 :banghead:

After all these years you would think to still check your ISO dial before shooting........I guess not though!

Anyway here is the shot (thankfully at smaller sizes its not so obvious)

Lesson truly learnt!!!

Autumnal footpath by Stuart Pardue, on Flickr

I decided to take the camera out on my lunchtime stroll along the footpath close to home. Found a decent spot for a good composition and shot away.

During editing I found the foliage in the distance to be very mushy but couldn't figure out why. I knew it wasn't the lens as the Viltrox 23mm is plenty sharp when stopped down.
I carried on editing anyway before the penny dropped when uploading to flickr - yep my ISO was locked at 6400 :banghead:

After all these years you would think to still check your ISO dial before shooting........I guess not though!

Lesson truly learnt!!!

I now have a habit of, when returning to the car, taking out the camera and putting ISO back to 160, single shot mode, shutter to "A", and EV to zero. Like you, I don't always check these things when composing....

Another session out today with the X-Pro1 and XF55-200 lens. So very very annoying, no auto focus again, every time I attach it to the XP1 body (and XF56 lens) the auto-focus doesn't work, will NOT lock onto anything in the distance it seems.
Spent all my time manually focusing..!!

Both XP1 body and all my XF lenses have been checked for any recent updates from the Fuji site etc...

Just can't work it out. On verge of giving it all up....!

Here's a lucky manual focus capture;

SilverWing by APM Photography, on Flickr

mac

Last edited:
Another session out today with the X-Pro1 and XF55-200 lens. So very very annoying, no auto focus again, every time I attach it to the XP1 body (and XF56 lens) the auto-focus doesn't work, will NOT lock onto anything in the distance it seems.

Both XP1 body and all my XF lenses have been checked for any recent updates from the Fiji site etc...

mac
Oh dear, have you tried a full reset of the camera? I assume you've cleaned all the contacts too.

In better news for me, today I printed and framed my first ever Fujigraph.

The frame i found at The Range and the print was done by DS Colour Labs.
I'm well chuffed with the end result, so much so that I might get some more done!

Excuse the photo.....very hard to photograph a glass frame and not get reflections.

2020_1105_17441900-01.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a simple Fujigraph taken at London UK of a guy out strolling in the sunshine. I've deliberately gone for a high contrast gritty presentation for this snap to emphasize the strong lines, contre-jour light, textures, & shadows.
I'm also working on a personal project called Faceless and this will be one of the shots included.

X-H1, 55-200mm Lens, 1/640th @ F8, ISO-200, Handheld.
Faceless (21)-03475 by G.K.Jnr., on Flickr

:ty: for looking., (y) :fuji:

George.

Last edited:
Must admit, I made the decision a few years ago to go Canon FF rather than pursue the Fuji system. I made a good choice I think but I do still love my little T-10, I still have it and with the kit 16-50 and the 50-230, it's a very compact, walkabout set up that I can use for local walks and saves me lugging the Canon about.

One thing I wish though, is that a 3rd party telephoto lens was available. I know the 100-400 is a dream lens but I can't justify buying that for what is a second system for me. I bought the Viltrox adapter, that allows me to use Canon glass on my T-10 with AF. AF is reasonable, I know it's not going to be as good as native glass but it's workable. One thing I hadn't realised, so it's my bad, is that the centre 9 AF points are PDAF, so next time I use adapted glass, I will be using just those 9 points.

I have considered a new Fuji body with better AF but that's getting into Fuji tele lens money.....but

What about a used X-H1, could I expect better AF performance than on my T-10 with adapted glass? I know it won't be as good as native but for my intended use, an improvement would do. (y)

The X-H1 is basically an X-T2 with IBIS and is still considered a great choice. It will be faster and better IQ than the X-T10 by a long margin. Whether there's imrovement when using the Canon glass then I've no idea.

I say you just sell all your Canon gear, switch to Fuji and get an X-T4 with 100-400 :p DO IT! haha.

Lesson truly learnt!!!

Yes, I ve done it before. It's more annoying if you are really happy with your photo

The X-H1 is basically an X-T2 with IBIS and is still considered a great choice. It will be faster and better IQ than the X-T10 by a long margin. Whether there's imrovement when using the Canon glass then I've no idea.

I say you just sell all your Canon gear, switch to Fuji and get an X-T4 with 100-400 :p DO IT! haha.

Lol, I do love my Fooj, but love my Canon a bit more, for now anyway. ;)

Both XP1 body and all my XF lenses have been checked for any recent updates from the Fuji site etc...

mac
Oooh I hope that you dont give it up, I have always been very impressed by your images.

I love mushrooms but I believe those ones are magic seriously. I'm no expert though.

Liberty caps are usually found in grassy fields and they have wiggly stems and a nipple on the top :D. I had a friend that used to hunt for them, he collected hundreds at a time.

Went out really early on the promise of fog from the weather reports. let’s just say it was barely misty. Managed 1 shot on the xh1/16-80.
Stood waiting to get leaves falling in the shot, only saw about 3 fall in 15 minutes!
The storms have stripped the trees bare here:(

Back