The TP 52'ers challenge 2019

Would you take part in the 2019 52'ers challenge?

• YES

• NO

• Not sure

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cobra

Gregory House
Admin
Name
The real Chris
Edit My Images
No
The official TP 52'ers challenge for 2019

As some of you are well aware that for the past 9 years in one guise or another there has been a photo a week challenge with a set theme.
For those of you that are not aware,
This'll give you an idea as to what its about.
CLICK ME
Or just search the 52's thread HERE

In more recent years there have been quite a few people start, and rapidly drop off as the year progresses.
As the 2018 challenge comes to a close, there is but a handful of stalwarts left.
The general consensus is that its become a bit stale, and discussing this with the remainers , there are a few changes / tweaks planned for 2019.

The question is, would you support a TP 52 challenge for 2019?
Should this go ahead, for year 10, the first theme will be announced on the afternoon of Thursday the 3rd January and every Thursday afternoon there after.

TP.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh yes. 2018 is my first yerar although I've done qite a few such things elsewhere before they died off.

Bring it on :)

i had the best intentions for this year, and fell at the first hurdle as RW stuff got in the way. I would love to make another attempt for 2019 and will do my best to make a proper job of it. i really enjoyed the weeks i did manage to do in 2017, cheers

I'd give it a go again, I just fell really behind last year!

[**Newbie mode enabled**]

I know this isn't a 52 2019 discussion thread, strictly speaking, but I thought I would ask my questions here so as not to clutter up the 52 2018 threads with my newbie drivel!
I notice that most (all?) of you host your images through Flickr....is this better than hosting them through TP....what with the image size restrictions?
Is there a preferred image hosting site, or rather is Flickr better than....say, Imgur?

I have accounts with both, so just need to know which is the best in terms of IQ viewable on TP.

I binned my old Flickr account a few months back, which I had had for many years (threw a tantrum when smugmug took over:oops: :$ ) - I kind of regret it now,(I did set up yet another account recently, however!) but since they've recently announced that they will be deleting the older images over the 1000 image limit for free accounts, I don't have any loyalty towards them, although my image count is only just in to double figures!!:D

I thank you in advance :)

[**Newbie mode disabled**]

I know there's a size limit with TP but what size I'm not sure. Someone will be along soon to answer that one. I have both Flickr and Imgur but found Flickr is a lot easier to use. If you have less than 100 images in Flickr why not just keep it.

It's 1024 on the longest side for TP, and indeed yes I'll be keeping my (latest) Flickr account!(y)

So Flickr it is then.

.is this better than hosting them through TP....what with the image size restrictions?
Host them where you like,
in fact a new TP gallery should soon be with us, far better and easier to use than the old one :)

A forum limit of 1024px on the longest side applies.
Images up loaded to your gallery must not exceed 1024px on the longest side, nor 350Kb
or you will get an error message.

If attaching a file direct from your PC / device, into a thread.
this must not exceed 1024px on the longest side or 500Kb
otherwise it will fail to up load.

[**Newbie mode enabled**]

I know this isn't a 52 2019 discussion thread, strictly speaking, but I thought I would ask my questions here so as not to clutter up the 52 2018 threads with my newbie drivel!
I notice that most (all?) of you host your images through Flickr....is this better than hosting them through TP....what with the image size restrictions?
Is there a preferred image hosting site, or rather is Flickr better than....say, Imgur?

I have accounts with both, so just need to know which is the best in terms of IQ viewable on TP.

I binned my old Flickr account a few months back, which I had had for many years (threw a tantrum when smugmug took over:oops: :$ ) - I kind of regret it now,(I did set up yet another account recently, however!) but since they've recently announced that they will be deleting the older images over the 1000 image limit for free accounts, I don't have any loyalty towards them, although my image count is only just in to double figures!!:D

I thank you in advance :)

[**Newbie mode disabled**]
I use Flickr, simply because I'm too lazy to mess about with resizing.

Count me in for 2019.

I'm a Not sure ... I did it for 4.5 years and I'm not sure what made me drop out halfway through my 5th year. I guess I needed a break, and I've had that break, bought a new camera, and .... :runaway:

I'm a Not sure ... I did it for 4.5 years and I'm not sure what made me drop out halfway through my 5th year. I guess I needed a break, and I've had that break, bought a new camera, and .... :runaway:
Go on, you know you want to really :D

Come on in, you need to play with your new toy more often, well, at least 52 times next year. :)

Can we change our vote?

Can we change our vote?
No, but no one can see how you voted, not even me.
If you were "out" and now an "In" just registrar on the thread onces its up.
If vice versa then don't.

Hmmm.....have a new camera. I'll have a little think. :)

OK so thats 17 "YES" 5 "Maybe" and 2 "NO"
I'd better start writing the leader posts.

Just out of curiosity I wonder if the "NO's" just posted for the hell of it, or its a couple 52'ers that are dropping out .
Not that it matters much :)

Hold off from registering in here though, there will a proper sign up thread shortly..

Well I have clicked as a maybe at the moment.
I am trying to convince myself to give it a go so as to expand my picture range and my skills.
All I really do at the moment is wildlife and a few family snaps.

I am trying to convince myself to give it a go so as to expand my picture range and my skills.
The first one or two themes are usually easy to ease people in, have a look and see what other people are posting, you can also use a thesaurus to interpret the theme if you are stuck for an idea.
Have a go, if you drop out I promise no public flogging or burning bamboo under the finger nails ( the admin take a dim view of it, especially after last time :D )

All I really do at the moment is wildlife and a few family snaps.
There is a little known technique that I employed through most of my 52 challenge, its called the "Shoe horn"
A little imagination and you can get almost any image to fit the theme :D

Well that's me knackered then!!:D
:D

Okay, that’s me signed up, I think...

Every one that has shown an interest in this thread has now been transfered over to the 2019 sign up thread.
To save getting in a Mucking fuddle I'll close this one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back