The TP'ers 52 challenge for 2020 The discussion thread Week 52 Decor(ate)

I’m probably missing something but in which thread is the theme announced? Is it this one? Each week I’m just going by what other people are posting... in my usual muddled up world [emoji4]

Found it.... The TP 52'ers challenge for 2020 The List of themes. Week 3 Tool(s)
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/i...-The-List-of--themes.--Week-3-Tool(s).703933/

I didn’t realise I had to scroll down. [emoji849]

Last edited:
I’m probably missing something but in which thread is the theme announced? Is it this one? Each week I’m just going by what other people are posting... in my usual muddled up world [emoji4]

Found it.... The TP 52'ers challenge for 2020 The List of themes. Week 3 Tool(s)
https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/index.php?threads/The-TP-52'ers-challenge-for-2020-The-List-of--themes.--Week-3-Tool(s).703933/

Chris will put the theme right in here (y)

https://www.talkphotography.co.uk/index.php?threads/The-TP-52'ers-challenge-for-2020-The-List-of--themes.--Week-3-Tool(s).703933/

Or back here to this thread. The heading/title updates once the theme is out of the bag.

You and half the members on TP, and certianly not just this thread ...

the calender says Thursday, but the theme says tool... It must be broken.
Just so people are aware, for those that don't know, an Internet device does not figure in my day to day work.
"it" has to wait until I escape from the Nor' folks and safely return to civilisation (y)

A hole in the ground filled with water ..
Next (y)

Having Discarded all the jibes its on with the show folks (y)

Excellent. I can start in real earnest now having felt I’ve cheated a bit for the first three weeks plying just catch up. (y)

Wot no old skin to shed!:)
Actually I had thought of that, my son's Boa is well over due a shed.
But no luck so far :(

Discarded? Could be a bit rubbish this :)

I like the sound of Discarded, should be a fun week

Just out of interest...

This is my first year of doing this and I wondered how people approach this.

I'm assuming that everyone is taking the shots during the week they come out (unless you're late to the party like me and trying to play catch up). So no submitting stuff you took last year, for example.

Do you read ahead and digest all the themes and plan them out for when they come up?

Do you take the shot (if you see it) in readiness for when it does come up?

Or do you carry on in blissful ignorance and only look at the theme once it's announced?

Just out of interest...

I'm assuming that everyone is taking the shots during the week they come out (unless you're late to the party like me and trying to play catch up). So no submitting stuff you took last year, for example.

Do you read ahead and digest all the themes and plan them out for when they come up?

Or do you carry on in blissful ignorance and only look at the theme once it's announced?

Hi Kell, once I had a look through all the themes I got an idea on what shots I will take for the theme on the day/week it`s due. If you have to then you can use an old shot from years ago as it`s an archive which is fine.

Just out of interest...

I go for he last one I am afraid.... my camera time is limited tho (until summer) so some of my shots are rather tenuous

Just did the challenge last year for the first time. I just wait until the theme is announced. Sometimes it sparks an immediate idea which I shoot in any free time during the week, sometimes I have to think a few days. But always shoot an image that week. If time is very short and I have no thinking time, I will just shoot the theme literally - other times I can think a bit more laterally.

I think the idea is to wait for the theme as that's the idea of the challenge. But a shoehorn or an archive shot are often necessary from time to time. No sweat!!

Last edited:
Back