Tim's TP 52 for 2018 Challenge (wk 12 juxtaposition added)

Heavy .... great moment captured, is she learning to fly!

Wet ... I do like these abstracty OOF colours

Just catching up on what everyone has been up to...

Age-Love the angle, nice shot for the theme
Sharp-Great shot, really like it
Thick-Not too keen on the composition, on theme though
Abundance-Nice shot, but I'm not keen on the blue cast
Heavy-I guess it works for the theme, but I find the figures a bit too central. personally I think it would look better with them more to the left of the image
Wet-Nice abstract, works well for the theme

Your "Wet" shot certainly works for me Sir, great colour and nicely presented.(y)

George.

Heavy - Great capture in the challenging light.
Light - interesting light patterns through the wet glass

Wet is nicely on theme Tim, good colours through the glass while showing the water drops.

Just like this a lot Tim. Very random and abstract, great colours and the blur of the rain on the window just makes it work

Wet
I like it. It has a trendy abstract feel to it (if you know what i mean).

Really like that, great take (y)

Wet good image for the theme love the colours

Wet, Nice colours and contrast.

Pete

Just catching up on what everyone has been up to...

Age-Love the angle, nice shot for the theme
Sharp-Great shot, really like it
Thick-Not too keen on the composition, on theme though
Abundance-Nice shot, but I'm not keen on the blue cast
Heavy-I guess it works for the theme, but I find the figures a bit too central. personally I think it would look better with them more to the left of the image
Wet-Nice abstract, works well for the theme

Your "Wet" shot certainly works for me Sir, great colour and nicely presented.(y)

George.

You found lots of colour for your Wet image, Tim, and the bold blocks of red in particular show up well through the raindrops.

Heavy - Great capture in the challenging light.
Light - interesting light patterns through the wet glass

Thank you everyone for your feedback, much appreciated. I know I'm falling behind with comments, will try and catch up over the holiday weekend coming up.

Heavy .... great moment captured, is she learning to fly!

Wet ... I do like these abstracty OOF colours

yes! she is learning to fly :)

art on Ice 2018 by
Good Lux Photos
, on Flickr

A beautiful shot, Tim. Like the colour and the long exposure reflection but the centre reflected light doesn't seem to match the sky? Could it be because of the long exposure?

Yes, it's due to the exposure time and the movement of the water. The light source itself is Mars looking at the astronomical map. Some while later Saturn came over the horizon too. In shots where the water was calmer the reflections of the stars were much more clear.

lovely pic colours are fantastic, I looked on Flickr and its just as small on there would love to see a bigger pic but understand if thats not an option

lovely pic colours are fantastic, I looked on Flickr and its just as small on there would love to see a bigger pic but understand if thats not an option

I'm hesitant to go more than 600px for pics that I'm selling as I've had them pinched in the past. If you're in Zurich I'll let you know which gallery to come and visit!

Last edited:
Nice shot Tim - would love to have a go at some of this, just need to find a good location.
Echo the comments on the light patch on the water, it does distract a little when it isn't immediately obvious where it's coming from. Could you 'fix' it in post?
Best of luck with the sales / gallery!

Hi Tim,

Wet - The vibrancy of the colours through the wet glass works nicely and the droplets give some nice effects.
Juxtaposition - This is a killer shot, I love it. I understand your reluctance to share larger images if they are for sale. Zurich you say... :)

Heavy - its a great capture, just not really saying heavy to me.
Wet - thats a fitting image for the theme, nice abstract and good blobs of colour.
Juxtaposition - WOW what an incredible image no crit at all from me on this image.

I like wet, good colours and nice abstract but Juxtaposition is just beautiful, first class well done :jawdrop::D

Hi Tim

Good photo of the Milky Way, every time I go to take such a photo, there is loads of cloud, the moon is in the same place or I'm in a totally unsuitable place like at home. I have 3 street lights around the house, front, back and side with a house on the only remaining side.

Pete

Back