Toothie's 22 Photos for 2015

Name
Ruth
Edit My Images
Yes
So finally I have access to the internet good enough to upload photos to Flickr.

That said I am not sure how this app works so we will see[emoji6]

Words

Untitled by Ruth, on Flickr

Support & Religion to follow after a battery charge!

Last edited:
Support

Support by Ruth, on Flickr

I'm shoehorning this in for support as I run out of time for the picture I was going to take (Sheppey bridge supports at sunset)

All thoughts and comments welcome

Hi Ruth, you seem to be slipping people by I have just found your thread so....

Words: nice cookery book kind of image, like the angle and the overhead view
Support: I feel the bridge is a little lost
Religion: lovely church and a nice blue sky
Geometric: I like the composition, the arrow is well placed in the frame

Will try and keep up from now on (y)

Thank you - I agree about the bridge, it was more of a filler than a true support shot but my holiday was upon me before I could get the image I wanted :)

Hi, Geometric, nice colours and interesting composition; although I feel it would be more geometric if it were centralised.

Cheers.

Ahhhhh here you are - thought we had lost you already :D

A good few to start with, and Mmmmm liking the look of the cookie :D

I'm torn for Geometric, I'm much preferring the first version you had for detail and focus, but as Andy says I feel it needs to be central :)

Hi thanks DK, I tend to agree I didn't take the photos with the arrow in focus for the 52 was just messing about with the target as I had it out with the camera, but when I got back to process them the ones with the arrow blurred didn't look as good to me. But I can see how it would be more geometric if it was in the centre.

You didn't lose me my internet died and I'm currently on holiday where I only get internet in the garden!

Hi Ruth, Not sure about the second Geometric shot much prefer the composition of the first but the angle on arrow is confusing :thinking:.

Do you mean that it's off centre in the picture or just that you don't see many that are dead centre on the target?

The first Geometric for me. Not looking for fault but if I were I wouldn't be able to find it. Bravo! :cow:

Hi Ruth.
Words : Yum, the biscuits look like they turned out well - better that the crap that I bring out of the over :) Well light and nicely composed, may angle and more focus on the word.
Support : Looks like a nice panorama, good exposure but as others have said the bridge is a bit lost - still nice! - On your flickr there a great pic taken on the 22 of the underside of a bridge - that would have worked really well for support or geometric.
Religion : lovely bright church which makes a change, usually look a bit grey and depressing so in this instance I find this very nice.
Geometric : Nice bright colours, I think if you could have centered and focused on the target it would have been excellent. Out of the two I'll take #1

The confusing bits to me is the out-of-focus geometric background circular shapes and the angle on the arrow. For me, personally, I like to at least have the theme (geometric) main subject in focus. But that's me.

I like your thoughts behind the shot though.

That's because this shot wasn't taken for the 52 :) it was the only one with the arrow in the centre, thus I posted it. Although arrows are very geometric and use geometry to work, but I know what you mean x

Hi Ruth.
Words : Yum, the biscuits look like they turned out well - better that the crap that I bring out of the over :) Well light and nicely composed, may angle and more focus on the word.
Support : Looks like a nice panorama, good exposure but as others have said the bridge is a bit lost - still nice! - On your flickr there a great pic taken on the 22 of the underside of a bridge - that would have worked really well for support or geometric.
Religion : lovely bright church which makes a change, usually look a bit grey and depressing so in this instance I find this very nice.
Geometric : Nice bright colours, I think if you could have centered and focused on the target it would have been excellent. Out of the two I'll take #1

Thank you - I knew I should have posted the underside of that support I just didn't think it showed the support as it where.

Ruth - that is absolutely fabulous. I like both versions. Wonderful idea and such a lovely colourful image

Words - Great! Nice lighting, background and composition. The colours are nice, im a fan of pastel colours. Im also a fan of biscuits...what is not to like about this picture?
Support - Its a lovely landscape picture but I don't think id have recognised it was for support unless you'd said. However the quality of the image is great.
Religion - again, I love churches I think they are remarkable architecture and always appreciate it as a subject. The lighting is great and what a gorgeous day it looks to be, I can imagine myself there right now :)
Geometric - LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this! So simple, bright bold colours - ACE

Hi Ruth ...

Words ... pro supermarket brochure like imagery. Technically perfect.

Support ... lovely panorama ... lots going on in every direction.

Religion ... phew ... I'm converted.

Hi Ruth, Ah so your back in the land of the internet then.... Sort of, well done.

Words... Bit of a Great British Bake Off thing going on there Ruth. Looks like the top right had edge has caught a little, can't see the depth looks a like it needs to be a little thicker but can't see from the POV, think a little more caster sugarrrrrr Oh the photo! Sorry got carried away there:D:ROFLMAO:
Nice shot, very clean and I love the positioning of the elements, and although obviously staged as these shots are it works very well. The diagonal right to left works great, if I was going to be nit picky id say its a tad darker in the bottom LH corner but that would just be scrabbling to find a fault:rolleyes:

Support ..... Nice Pano.... Gives a great view of the scene. With my Landscape head on, I'd crop off the hot spot on the right parallel with the lock bollard, just a slither. (Alternately in LR I'd pull in a grad to calm the exposure). Love the light hitting the bridge supports and very nice clouds. Wonder if a bit later would have given you even more golden light;)

Religion ..... Love the nice warm glow of the stone in great contrast against the stark blue sky. Like that little puff of cloud. You can really see the effect of the convergence the wide angle lens has here. Nice shot I like it(y)

Geometric .... Definitely No1, I like the off centre arrow and the focus on the flights, works for me as they say. Nice bold colours too. Not sure what it is about No2 think it's that No1 is sharper.

Geometric ... neat! Nice colour, liking the composition of #1.

Hi Ruth and welcome.

Words ...that's a smashing idea really nicely done and you get to eat the props, what could be better than that. Super panorama for Support and a glorious blue sky in Religion.

First shot for me in geometric, the second one is a bit too fuzzy and sends my eyes funny :)

Back