Notice TP 52'ers challenge for 2019 Discussion thread Week 52 Out takes

And A Big Thanks must go to @Cobra for organizing it all.

Pete

:agree:
vCcnsSN.gif

First off I'd like to say, well done and congratulations to everyone that completed this years 52 ( yes I know. One more and I'll get to that shortly)
There has been some absolutely stunning images posted through the year., I often look but rarely if ever comment.
I feel that would be unfair to those people's images that I didn't comment on.

New comers. How hard can it be to post 1 image per week?
I think you now know the answer to that ;)

I doubt I'm going to be around tomorrow, so you get the last theme early.
Those of you that were here last year may remember it was a "Showcase" finale.

This year is quite the opposite, we all have them, why do we keep them? I've no idea.
What are they? Yes that'll be the ubiquitous Out takes!

Yes those images that didn't quite turn out as expected.
You have the perfect image lined up, did you get Photo Bombed? use wrong settings?
Some intentionally serious image went tits up for no apparent reason?

You can use any image you like, be it a themed image, or just one snapped for the album...

HOWEVER This is purely a bit of fun. And not intended for critique but if you can't laugh at yourself,
give me a shout and I'll do it for you (y) :D

@Dave70D Now you understand, why I said any of your images will fit the theme without shoehorning .....

:D :p

Once again, congrats to all the 52'ers that completed the task in hand.
And thanks to Tim and Minx for keeping score (y)

First off I'd like to say, well done and congratulations to everyone that completed this years 52 ( yes I know. One more and I'll get to that shortly)
There has been some absolutely stunning images posted through the year., I often look but rarely if ever comment.

This year is quite the opposite, we all have them, why do we keep them? I've no idea.

You have the perfect image lined up, did you get Photo Bombed? use wrong settings?

You can use any image you like, be it a themed image, or just one snapped for the album...

HOWEVER This is purely a bit of fun. And not intended for critique but if you can't laugh at yourself,

@Dave70D Now you understand, why I said any of your images will fit the theme without shoehorning .....

Out Takes is a cool theme Sir Snake (y)

Just want to say Thank you too Chris Tim and Alison for setting up and sorting out the 52.

Last edited:
Can't believe it's another year over! I have been rather exhausted as of late and not managed to connect with many things, so please accept my apologies for the lack of comments.

It has been a great year once again for the 52, and here's to 2020 :beer:10th time, I must be :wacky: :LOL:

Many thanks @Cobra for keeping the 52 going, @LC2 and @minx for the spreadsheet. Have to thank @GarethB and @Dave70D for providing some amusing posts which gave me a much needed pick up and laugh!

And of course well done to everyone that has taken part, it wouldn't be the same without you.

@minx and I just put ticks in boxes and occasionally edit the WoS.
Well I can't do it, that is far too complicated for me, so I'm certainly grateful for both of yoo's in put (y)

Hope everyone here had a terrific Christmas!:)

Likewise, I would like to say a huge thank you to @Cobra , @LC2 and @minx for their tireless efforts in keeping us all on track!(y)

And a special thanks to @Dave70D for all the great giggles we've had....lets keep 'em coming for 2020!:giggle:

A big thank you to everyone who has taken part in the 52 this year, and for all the kind, supportive comments!
I've learned so much this past year, and I feel really privileged to be a part of this amazing community, and humbled by the fantastic images you've all posted here....truly inspirational!:clap:

Christmas 1.jpg

Hope everyone here had a terrific Christmas!:)

Likewise, I would like to say a huge thank you to @Cobra , @LC2 and @minx for their tireless efforts in keeping us all on track!(y)

And a special thanks to @Dave70D for all the great giggles we've had....lets keep 'em coming for 2020!:giggle:

A big thank you to everyone who has taken part in the 52 this year, and for all the kind, supportive comments!
I've learned so much this past year, and I feel really privileged to be a part of this amazing community, and humbled by the fantastic images you've all posted here....truly inspirational!:clap:

View attachment 263858

We can carry on in 2020 for sure mate :D

Well that's Year 2 done and dusted - and for the second year running I managed a new photo, on theme, every week :)

Well done all who joined us this year! Bring on 2020 :D

Last edited:
Hi All, hope everyone had a nice Christmas, for those that celebrate.

I've ust uploaded my remaining 2 images to complete the set for this year. Thanks again to the organisers, and the kind words and constructive criticism throughout the process from fellow participants.

Quite pleased I managed to get through it, with only a few weeks where I was late posting. Overall I'm quite happy with the 52 images of a set, and provides quite a nice retrospective of what I've been up to, and where I've been this last year!

A few things I've personally taken away from the process:
- Its challenging to be creative on a weekly basis, without resorting to snapshots
- a week passes-by very quickly, when busy with work, life etc... soon creating a backlog of images to take/edit.
- I photograph my cats, a lot!
- I have mostly shot my images with my Fuji gear (X-T3, and previously X100F), rather than my FF Nikon gear (D750) - I just found it more tactile, portable and inspiring to use on a weekly basis.

Thanks again....! Debating signing up for 2020 now... :)

Last edited:
That sounds like a definite sign up to me... What d'ya think @Cobra ?
mwhahahaaaaa
As Grant mentioned "2020" , I'd say "Hotel California" rules apply (y)

Ponders whether mods can set default text and background (to white on white) for individual users ;)
Unfortunately not Tim :(

Reactions: LC2
Possibly the last donut for this Decade, must be worth more than 1 Donut surely @Cobra, how about a tray of crispy creams.

Pete

Reactions: LC2
Congratulations to everyone who crossed the finishing line this year. A small but select bunch. There has been a huge variety of images over the year which I have thoroughly enjoyed seeing. Roll on 2020 and to ane an' a':
happy.jpg

2019 Data Analysis

As promised.

The raw numbers show 2019 having the least number of starters (pictures posted in Week1 - not sign ups). 50.
However, by week 52, it was joint 5th on 17. This is actually a higher raw number of finishers than 2012 which had 101 starters.
Absolute_2019.PNG

This is borne out in the percentages of starters going on to complete the 52 where 2019 is actually joint second on 34%
Percentage_2019.PNG

Nothing out of the ordinary really in the pattern of drop-offs except perhaps for the straight line on 20 between weeks 30 & 41 (25/7-10/10).
Whilst I don't have the weekly data, I suspect it was lower during those weeks, with catch-ups occurring (I know I was guilty of that) due to it being over the busy summer holiday period.

Well done to everyone who managed to get over the finish line.
Especially @Allan.H on 8 completed and @michael23 on 9 completed (that's more 52s than we have spreadsheets for!).

2019 Data Analysis

As promised.

The raw numbers show 2019 having the least number of starters (pictures posted in Week1 - not sign ups). 50.
However, by week 52, it was joint 5th on 17. This is actually a higher raw number of finishers than 2012 which had 101 starters.
View attachment 264328

This is borne out in the percentages of starters going on to complete the 52 where 2019 is actually joint second on 34%
View attachment 264329

Nothing out of the ordinary really in the pattern of drop-offs except perhaps for the straight line on 20 between weeks 30 & 41 (25/7-10/10).
Whilst I don't have the weekly data, I suspect it was lower during those weeks, with catch-ups occurring (I know I was guilty of that) due to it being over the busy summer holiday period.

Well done to everyone who managed to get over the finish line.
Especially @Allan.H on 8 completed and @michael23 on 9 completed (that's more 52s than we have spreadsheets for!).

Your spreadsheets must be frazzled.......

Back