Vanishedbob's All New Fifty Two. Year 2.

Film
I'm sorry but I have no idea of the film. Having said that, I do like the image, it can have a few interpretations.

Nice. A lot of thought & preparation has gone into that.

Last edited:
Half
A nice little composition, works well on the plain white.

Reminds me of those far off days when we could pop to the pub for a swifty! Nicely composed and lit.

Week 9. Reflection + Tech.

After a busy couple of weeks and struggling for inspiration for the subject. I literally thought this up and knocked it up in about half an hour. The subjects are both myself in photos taken 47 years apart. Reflecting the passage of time. The wee me is an old school photo aged 5 all fresh faced and optimistic. The new snap is a phone selfie taken today, purposely looking shattered, grumpy and unkempt after another long testing week, professionally and personally, with yet another weekend bereft of any way to unwind. Then my very and I mean very limited photoshop skills have attempted to join them together in an attempt to reflect the reflection subject.

REFLECTION by 4444 Photography, on Flickr

I had the same idea a few years ago; depressing isn't it?

:sorry:

Time.jpg

my very and I mean very limited photoshop skills have attempted to join them together in an attempt to reflect the reflection subject.

If the idea is strong enough, then a lack of "photoshop skill" will override it, and that's what's happened here. The only real criticism is the lack of tones in the image. Very little bright tones in there, which (I'm assuming) is intentional to try and fit the "low key" theme? Also, I think eye contact would have been nice from your selfie (to match the older photo).The subject though and the way you've layered the 2 portraits is very different to Martin's more traditional take on the idea (which is also the way I would probably have tackled it). Using the "reflection" theme to present the two portraits the way you did is a much better way of doing it (in my opinion!)

Really good effort IMO.

What a clever idea David.
And don't beat your self up of the photo shopping It works very well.

Reflection
It's a very strong image and I wouldn't have said there's any sign of poor Photoshop knowledge :)

Very nicely done. I'd had the same idea, but I was just going to show the back of my head looking into a mirror. Your idea is much better and very well executed.

As an aside, of the first things I ever knitted was with a wool like in your jumper. As you knitted it changed colour - just seeing the jumper has taken me down memory lane :D

Great image for reflection, you've done well on the PS stuff, really nice PP too.

Back