Weekly weebleswobble's 52 thread for 2020 - Week 26 Mother Nature

Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, I have had 2 attempts before and not completed them, but with a new camera that I can take out more often, I am really looking forward to the challenge, and with set themes to give me focus and to step out the box and take photos I would not normally take.

I loved looking at everyone else's photos and take on the theme when doing this before, and enjoyed the feedback - it can only make me think harder and continue enjoying my photography.

I'm ready...:runaway:

OP
weebleswobble
Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
Week 1 - Local Interest + Silhouette
I don't know if this is cheating a little, but I took this picture the day before the theme was announced, but knew instantly this would be the perfect image for this as it is local to me, historic interest, and was also Corfe Castle as a silhouette. Ticked all the boxes.
Social Media-1995.jpg

Name
Roger
Edit My Images
Yes
Excellent start to your 52, and you are not the first to use an archived image if Flickr is to be believed!:cool:

GarethB

Likes to peek
Name
I don't even know anymore!
Edit My Images
Yes
Wonderful image Donna!:clap:
I like the portrait crop and the leading line of the grassy clearing...clever framing!
The payoff at the Castle in the distance is very well captured as a silhouette, and terrific light hitting in all the right places...the more I look, the more I like this image!
Really marvellous!(y)

Name
Andrea
Edit My Images
Yes
A lovely image to start your 52, Donna, even it was taken the day before! :) The castle alone is an iconic subject as it sits above the mist, but I like the way you have composed to include so much of the middle and foreground as it balances the scene perfectly.

Last edited:
Name
Fi
Edit My Images
Yes
Really effective way of combining the technique and theme for the week. The composition is great too :)

Name
Bernd
Edit My Images
Yes
Great picture! I like the moss in the foreground leading the viewer's eye into the picture, the dramatic sky, the row of trees, the castle... great colours!

Name
Stuart
Edit My Images
Yes
Great image benefiting from the light, can’t decide if I personally prefer a crop from the bottom up to the edge of the right hand moss to keep your view central

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
That's a great shot, the foreground leads into the castle and hills really well.

OP
weebleswobble
Name
Donna
Edit My Images
Yes
I have had a pleasurable morning being out for a sunrise with my dog, but the photo I have chosen is of her in the field on the way home. She is at her happiest in an open field where she can roll and run which also brings me great pleasure taking her out. My aim was to get her rolling, but the photos weren't as good as this due to her face depicting the subject!
Social Media-2235.jpg

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
There is nothing not to like in this photo. Great lighting and the action caught perfectly. That's one happy looking gorgeous pooch.