weekly WMD's 52 for 2016 - Weeks 43, 44, 45 & 46 all added!

Hi Matt, some exceptional shots there. Metal is just stunning - love it. Cannot give any suggestions for any tweaks which wouldn't detract from its nigh on perfection. Awesome!

Captive is a brilliant... erm... capture :) Really nicked the shot in that magic moment. Lighting is lovely, too. Superb once again.

Miniature is very good - and on anyone else's thread would get heaps of praise. As it is against such stiff competition with these last two, I'll have to just give you an "excellent" for this one, I'm afraid ;)

Reactions: WMD
Hi Matt sorry I appear to have missed your thread....

Metal - Love this a thought provoking image and certainly on theme

Captive - Great DOF and I like the B&W conversion I dope Dave makes a speedy recovery

Miniature - This is brilliant love the DOF and detail Dave looks as if he's think food

Hi Matt. Lovely image - nicely composed and spot on theme. Is there a yellow cast ..... or is that my non-calibrated monitor? Good whatever.

Imaginative and well presented Matt (y)

Well done getting the cat to look at the miniature cat, nicely on theme, good sense of scale enhanced by the crop

Thanks! I did play around with a few different crops for this shot, settled on this one - quite tight to the subjects. :)

Hi Matt, some exceptional shots there. Metal is just stunning - love it. Cannot give any suggestions for any tweaks which wouldn't detract from its nigh on perfection. Awesome!

Captive is a brilliant... erm... capture :) Really nicked the shot in that magic moment. Lighting is lovely, too. Superb once again.

Miniature is very good - and on anyone else's thread would get heaps of praise. As it is against such stiff competition with these last two, I'll have to just give you an "excellent" for this one, I'm afraid ;)

Thank you for the very kind words! Much appreciated! :D

Miniature s fantastic, I guess that one needed a lot of patienece the way Dave is looking straight at the mini-cat. Well done :clap:

Thanks Chris! (y)

Hi Matt sorry I appear to have missed your thread....

Metal - Love this a thought provoking image and certainly on theme

Captive - Great DOF and I like the B&W conversion I dope Dave makes a speedy recovery

Miniature - This is brilliant love the DOF and detail Dave looks as if he's think food

Thank you! Dave is recovering well too - the little ginger monster!

Hi Matt. Lovely image - nicely composed and spot on theme. Is there a yellow cast ..... or is that my non-calibrated monitor? Good whatever.

Thanks Carl! Yes, I did add a bit of warmth to the photo, thought I'd take a different approach to last week and actually boost the ginger / orange tones a little.

Imaginative and well presented Matt (y)

Thanks Cobra! (y)

I was planning to shoot 'Happy' this evening, but alas the British weather killed off that idea.:sulk:Maybe tomorrow!
Thanks for the feedback and likes everyone, will try catch up with other people's threads now! :)

Great idea nice and close and I like how they looking at each other a staring contest.(y)

what a capture! And I do believe I can see the cat's hind legs in the BG. Nice perspective. The ultimate big cat little cat image. :clap:

What a great photo your miniature is, love the way the cat is eying up the model.

Great Picture I really like that they are both looking at each other and I like the colours

Good to see the ginger Dave in full colour .

I guess Dave might feature in the remaining 50 weeks :)

Hi Matt.
Off to a flying start I see!
Really like your Captive image, but the Miniature one really made me chuckle.
Great "WTF" look on the cat's face :LOL:

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Mega busy this week (again), so running late on my own thread and keeping up with everyone else's too!
That said, here's week 4 - Happy!
4/52 - Happy by Matt, on Flickr

Have to give special mention to 'the missus' for her patience while I took this shot - she's full of a stinking cold! :hungover:

Like that a lot Matt. A similar subject to my own in context so definitely on topic for me.

Excellent b&w conversion, DoF and looks lovely and sharp where it needs to be.

No crit at all :)

That's a very nice shot Matt. I took a similar shot for Metal so I know how hard it is dealing with all that reflectiveness and colourlessness (is that a word?).
I hope you didn't take as long to get the shot as I did. My missus would not have the patience so I went for a box as the model instead :)

Really nice high contrast mono too!

A very nice image for Happy - spot on in b&w and lovely DoF which gives it that soft tender feel. Excellently done.

Really liking your Happy image, spot on DoF and lighting

Great shot for "happy", great DoF and perfect lighting.

Hi Matt,

Miniature is really well shot and gives a great sense of scale so spot on (y)

Happy, I can see why that would make you both happy :) Nice conversion and composition.

Hi Matt,

Miniature - lovely shot and good timing to catch Dave looking at it like that.

Happy - Another nice shot, good detail and choice of DOF, like the choice of B & W.

Thanks for the feedback guys! Really appreciate it, and have to say I've really enjoyed getting out with my camera again.
Running a bit behind this week as I've been taken out by a stomach bug, but hoping to bounce back and get abandoned (& maybe camouflage) done tomorrow! :)

Metal - Wow, gorgeous shot. I like the opposing slanting lines of the clouds and the shadow under the plane. And beautiful blues.

Captive - Dave is so cute and I love that photo. Just the right DoF and the expression on Dave is priceless. B&W seems to work very well for it.

Miniature - One of my favourite miniature photos! Too cute for words. I wonder what Dave did to the poor tiny kitty after you were done taking photos! :p

Happy - Beautiful! I love how the other hand is in the background to frame the picture. :) And of course, gorgeous ring in sharp focus.

^^ Thanks for the kind words Sheylara! :)

So I uploaded my 'Abandoned' shot over the weekend - not very happy with this, but figure if I wait around any longer to find a better subject, I'll get too far behind.
So here it is, Abandoned:
5/52 - Abandoned by Matt, on Flickr

This photo is of an abandoned boat on the River Dee in Chester - it's on the far side of the river, so needed my 300mm lens to get close enough. Which was trickier than it sounds, given that the weather was so bad. Anyway, post and be damned! I realise this is another b&w shot - so next week will be full of colour! :D

Abandoned, Yep it fits right in there Matt, nice find (y)

Artists are always their own biggest critics. :p I think it's a lovely photo. I'm curious what it looks like in colour. And what's that white ball bobbing on the water?

I like it in B&W and the high key processing has made it interesting.

Back