weekly Wornish's 52 2022 Week 52 added : Showcase

I love mono but in this case the colour works better for me . Nice one :)

Again another voter for the colour image. Nice shot.

I prefer the warmth of the colour Tools, I think more contrast could make both the B&W and colour tools stand out from the workbench a bit more.

Lovely textures both in the tools and the workbench. I agree for once (love my monochrome usually) that the colour carries a warmth and depth that the mono version lacks.

I made this wooden goblet a long time ago (~55 years) on a lathe at school when doing woodwork. I guess it would meet the old theme as well.

Receptacle-2.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely bit of turning, and a lovely photo too - nice rich colours and good lighting.

I love treen and turning with a little puzzle (how did he turn the ring) has always fascinated me. Lovely photo with deep colour and tones with good lighting

I think your chosen one is the one for me David, I like the lighting and how the colours play off of each other.

Fab stuff particularly the goblet! :clap:

The goblet shot is lovely.
The detail in the grain, the fade in the background and the central composition work nicely together, and to top it off the image creates a question... the why and how of the ring?... Marvellous!

I definitely prefer the goblet for the colour and texture. Most impressive too..

10 Green Bottles standing on a wall...

10-More-.jpg

Well it is really only one bottle taken in 4 different positions and then each individual bottle shot mixed up and composited onto the wall shot in PS.

Last edited:
Some alternatives

Sticky challenge this one.

Sticky.jpg

Raided the cupboard

Bottle-3_PerfectlyClear.jpg

More bottles might nail it!

Bottle-5_PerfectlyClear.jpg

Last edited:
I think the first and last one for me David. Good job compositing the first one. I didn't realize until I read your post.

Very nice set. Third (Colourful bottle), followed by first (wine bottles) for me. I wouldn't have guessed that the first was a composite.

I confess I had to count them :ROFLMAO: My favourite is the colourful bottle - love it!

Edit: Receptacle (just catching up on comments): What a lovely subject and how clever you are! I really like the subdues lighting and background. Really brings out the warm tones of the wood.

Last edited:
......... I wouldn't have guessed that the first was a composite.

Me niether. I thought you may have had a good deal on a case of wine :)

I think I would have taken 10 pictures and turned the bottle slightly after every shot so that you have a 360 degree view by the end.

Very nice tho'

Great shot - nicely worked. I also love the colourful Bvlgar bottle. Some great colours

Thanks all for the comments. I was in two minds between the colourful bottle and the 10 green bottles, that song came into my head so I went with that.
I also thought the colourful bottle was kind of similar to the goblet shot I used for the receptacle theme.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a case of wine to take an all in one shot hence the composite.

Last edited:
I thought it was an indicator of a good night at first.
Nice shot.

New - Great vibrant colours and a good image for the technique too.

Old - I though the hammer was bigger until I compared it to the chisel. Hard to choose between the colour and mono versions with both having different appealing features.

Receptacle - A lovely wood turned goblet, I don't recall ever using a lathe at school. The lighting is well handled showing of the texture of the wood.

Bottles - I didn't think it was a composite so well done on that front, as another member commented having a 360 degree view across the bottles would have been interesting to see. I also like the burst of colour in your 3rd image too.

Blimey. This is a new experience getting so much feedback. Thanks for the comments.
The 52 challenge is certainly something I wish I had joined in previous years. Seeing all the different entries and comments really makes you try and do something a bit different.

Lovely composite David.
Like some others, I prefer the last 2 - both excellent lighting.

A nice selection. Personally I love the light burst on the colourful perfume bottle.

Seems the majority prefer the last colourful perfume bottle. Thanks for the feedback.

That's excellent David.
I was thinking of a flower shot myself but doubt I'll better this.

I feel the same. That is simply wonderful.

Back