weekly Yvette's 52 for 2020

What a magnificent animal and good timing too with the eyes looking into the camera. Obviously, it's an archive shot?

Yes, from a trip to Africa last January. Been ill this month, so haven’t been able to get out much!

Despite being wild he has such a human look in the features, especially the eyes. Caught really well.

Great looking creature, certainly wild in the right circumstances :)

Lovely image Yvette But also such a sad story :(

a Magnificent Beast, and lovely eye contact, what a sad story.

Wild very nice indeed I love the leaf in his/her mouth. Great eye contract too.

The horse / portrait shot is extremely well done, great composition and you caught the light really well.
The wild image is beautiful and also sad, i read about them in the news last week, such magnificent beasts.

Nice take on Broken. Some great textures and lighting in there, I really like the mosaic effect of the Georgian Wired Glass.

The colours of the window and the peeling door behind make a good image. Well seen.
Well caught on ability.. the facial expression is great.

Broken
Good composition, I think it could be made to look a bit grittier, moody.

Ability
Good action shot.

Broken, is a lovely shot with some great muted colours and I really like the composition.

Ability is almost the exact opposite with great action and lovely bright colours.

Two really good shots that contrast each other very well.

That's a lovely image; beautiful colour, brilliant capture of the movement, lovely expression and the DoF has isolated the subject perfectly.

Broken - great capture, I like the detail through the window too
Ability - great capture, good Dof

Winter (2018)

'Riding Out in the Beast from the East'.JPG

Yes, this is an archive image from that winter when we were hit with The Beast from the East! It was minus 5 and I lasted about 20 minutes in the blizzard.

I think we all remember that well. Nice to see them "braving" the weather.

winter - great shot, I like the composition and the visible snowflakes! Right on theme, archive or not.

book - works well in B&W and with the vignette (y)

Back