2013 ETC...... completed......winner announced

Sorry everyone. I've been snowed under with work. I'm at rugby at the moment but will sort them out today

Actually, I can do them now.

Multiplicity
Triptych
Contre Jour
Bubbles
Water drops/water splash
Natural Light

I knew it!!!! I did my first water drops 2 weeks ago, I knew I should have waited :bang:

You're lucky I posted them now and not after a few beers at rugby :D

Oh crap, that's me spending the next hour on google then!

Oh crap, that's me spending the next hour on google then!

:LOL: I've just been doing some research and I'm wondering if I can do multiplicity and tryptych's without photoshop?

I think for multiplicity I'll be able to use the programme I used for star trails and just stack the images onto each other, hoping I haven't overlapped any of the clones. I'm stumped for tryptych's tho :thinking:. A nice variety of theme's this month to keep us busy.

Was thinking exactly the same. Don't think an overlap will matter if you put them in the right order ie back to front? :thinking:
Only one way to find out! :shrug:

Quick off the button for me today "Contre Jour" up
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=460319

anyone know how I can link to a specific post

You click on the post number you're trying to link (the #12 in the corner) and copy that URL.

It should look like this http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showpost.php?p=5333183&postcount=12

err I've got no chance...
No idea what either "Multiplicity" or "Contre Jour" are!
Google beckons...

Well, Wikipedia helped a bit...
Contre-jour, French for 'against daylight', refers to photographs taken when the camera is pointing directly toward a source of light.
Yay!! My favourite mode of photography at the moment!

But no such joy for Multiciplicity...
Multiplicity (mathematics), a mathematical concept
Multiplicity (philosophy), a philosophical concept
Multiplicity (psychology), having or using multiple personalities
Multiplicity (chemistry), multiplicity in quantum chemistry is a function of angular spin momentum
Multiplicity (software), a software application which allows a user to control two or more computers from one mouse and keyboard

...HELP!!!

Well, Wikipedia helped a bit...
Contre-jour, French for 'against daylight', refers to photographs taken when the camera is pointing directly toward a source of light.
Yay!! My favourite mode of photography at the moment!

But no such joy for Multiciplicity...
Multiplicity (mathematics), a mathematical concept
Multiplicity (philosophy), a philosophical concept
Multiplicity (psychology), having or using multiple personalities
Multiplicity (chemistry), multiplicity in quantum chemistry is a function of angular spin momentum
Multiplicity (software), a software application which allows a user to control two or more computers from one mouse and keyboard

...HELP!!!

Hi Mike, I've found a couple of links which will show multiplicty better than I can, I'm like you and wasn't sure what multiplicty and contre- jour were either - it's good to learn new things!!:):)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3spT03p0XAQ

http://photoextremist.com/20-stunning-examples-of-multiplicity-photography

Kelly, would it be possible to update the first post (and title) with each months themes? It'd make it a LOT easier to take a peak at the list if we forget what we're meant to be doing :)

Thoroughly enjoying the challenges this month, only trouble I'm having is finding time to comment on everyone's work.

I'm probably one of the least experienced toggers involved and the level of images I have seen so far has blown my mind!

It may be very early days in the challenge but I still want to say many thanks to everyone involved for the inspiration I am getting through this challenge.

Apologies if I haven't had time to comment on your threads as yet, I promise that I will find the time very soon, and well done everyone, there are some amazing pictures already and I can't wait for the end of the month to see some more magic :)

Kelly, are you not taking part in the challenge?

I was hoping to but I've not had much of a chance. I only came off crutches last week :(

Kelly, would it be possible to update the first post (and title) with each months themes? It'd make it a LOT easier to take a peak at the list if we forget what we're meant to be doing :)

Done :)

What programme have you guys and gals used to form the multiplicity photo's?
I don't have photoshop btw. I've tried using StarStaX (the programme I used for star trails) but It turns myself transparent :crying:

What programme have you guys and gals used to form the multiplicity photo's?
I don't have photoshop btw. I've tried using StarStaX (the programme I used for star trails) but It turns myself transparent :crying:

I used elements 11 but I used to use GIMP and I'm pretty certain you could do this in that programme too.

I used elements 11 but I used to use GIMP and I'm pretty certain you could do this in that programme too.
Thanks for that Rich, GIMP did the job. Took me a while to work out what was going on but I managed it!

I've struggled to do all 6 this month, only done 3 and that includes a fudged natural light one. I've done a triptych from photos taken last year, is that still ok? Can I do a couple more in march and add them to my Feb set?

To be in with a chance of winning the competition, it won't be eligible if it was taken last year.

I will have a chat in the staff room and see about entries in March for February set

I'm sorry to say that while I signed up for this with the best of intentions and enthusiasm I have completely failed to produce anything so far. Could you please remove my name from the list as I don't want to be a continuing disappointment for the entire lifespan of this thread.

Apologies.:coat:

To be in with a chance of winning the competition, it won't be eligible if it was taken last year.

I will have a chat in the staff room and see about entries in March for February set

Thanks.

I thought the triptych was the element for this month, not the photos held within it? I put the triptych together today but with shots taken last year. Is that still a no-no?

I could go out and take the same shots again today and compile the triptych if needed.

Eeeek, March tomorrow and I've a few to catch up on!!

I'll see what you I can do tonight.

I still need to catch up With comments.

Cheers all.

I'm sorry to say that while I signed up for this with the best of intentions and enthusiasm I have completely failed to produce anything so far. Could you please remove my name from the list as I don't want to be a continuing disappointment for the entire lifespan of this thread.

Apologies.:coat:

No, you can sit in the list in shame along with me :LOL:

Oooo where did March appear from?

Completely forgot that February only has 28 days! I will get the themes on tomorrow morning

Hi Kelly, just wondering if you had any answer re this? I missed some from February too, and was thinking I'd be able to catch up during March, but maybe that's not allowed? I just think the rules need to be clarified (and no-one penalised because they weren't clear up to now).

Personally I'd say having the following month to complete the previous month's themes should be allowed (but maybe no longer).

Also, is there anything saying we have to do 6 shots each month, or can we do just three if we only have time for that (accepting that we'd have fewer chances to win a prize, obviously)

Oh, and I do think that if we HAVE to complete all shots within the month they're posted, it goes without saying that they need to be announced on the first, especially when there's a weekend lost if they aren't :).

Last edited:
While I'm having a moan (I'm not really, just trying to get a bit of clarification), there appear to be quite a few more people taking pictures than there are commenting. I know it's a pain, but you do get back what you put in, and it really does help to keep things alive and people motivated, even if the comments aren't favourable. We're all here to learn after all :)

And another thing: where's the coffee I asked for?

Back