2013 ETC...... completed......winner announced

posiview said:
Hi, all I'm on my lunch break at the White Rose Centre in Leeds trying to pluck up courage to take some photographs of the fairy lights.... Out of comfort zone.... Eeeek

Cheers

How did you get on ?

+1 i would like to try this. was gonna do a 52 but this seems like more fun

Do both, I am. They're both good fun :)

My first shot is up. This is going to be hard work, but I think it'll help me a lot :)

My thread.

mattd85 said:
How did you get on ?

Didn't enjoy it, it has to be said. I'm a confident guy, but once I get my camera out I get all...eeekkkk!

I took 6 photographs, yet to look at them but I suspect I won't use them for my submission. I'm waiting for my lights to finish my dome and I'll be looking to use this for my submission.

I know street photography will raise its head, but I'll deal with that as an when :)

Cheers.

I'm not a fan of street photography so I doubt I'll put it in ;)

I have learned something from this already - as the night was so clear a couple of nights ago (to start with anyway) I thought I would have a go at star trails as have never done them. I learned I do not like standing there in the freezing cold holding the shutter down long enough to get a long trail - mine will be 30 seconds long :D Might have another go if we ever get a cloudless sky again

I like street photography - the streets don't move, answer back, just change colour with the dry, rain, and various times of day - or did you mean people on the street :D

Last edited:
Christine, isn't the lesson that you need a cable release?! ;)

You can get cheap programable ones on Ebay/Amazon which work well, but if you have a smartphone (iPhone or Android), I can't recommend Triggertrap highly enough; about £30 all in and there's next to nothing you can't do with it :)

I got a great one on ebay for £12, I'll dig out the link for you if you want. It's great for timelapse as well (which will be a theme at some point this year ;) )

posiview said:
Didn't enjoy it, it has to be said. I'm a confident guy, but once I get my camera out I get all...eeekkkk!

I took 6 photographs, yet to look at them but I suspect I won't use them for my submission. I'm waiting for my lights to finish my dome and I'll be looking to use this for my submission.

I know street photography will raise its head, but I'll deal with that as an when :)

Cheers.

Ha i know exactly how you feel, im confident and comfortable in pretty much any situation then the camera comes out and im useless especially in a street situation!

i'm new to this so sorry to ask the question but how do you put pic's on a forum / thread .

Thanks

Steve

Hi, I'd like to join in with this too. I usually just shoot film, but might have to crank out the emergency Canon S95 for some of these.

Been looking for something like this, going to join in. I like the idea of having a month to work with a few themes and ideas.

Not saying I will be any good or a success but I can try.

Hopefully be me and Cowmageddon :)

Hi, I'd like to join in with this too. I usually just shoot film, but might have to crank out the emergency Canon S95 for some of these.

Hi Kelly, I like to join the gang for this challenge!

Been toying with doing another 52 this year after completing one two years ago and having taken photography a bit easier last year I think I'm ready to 'GO' again.

Been looking for something like this, going to join in. I like the idea of having a month to work with a few themes and ideas.

Not saying I will be any good or a success but I can try.

Hopefully be me and Cowmageddon :)

The more the merrier. I'll update the list of names in the morning and add the thread links in the morning when I'm on my laptop

Hi Kelack

I'd like to have a go at this. Shame I only noticed it the day all the Christmas lights came down :LOL: !

That's ok. There's still other 5 themes you can choose from. As long as you have at least 6 pictures, you'll be good

I've now added the thread links in the first post :D

Keep going everyone, it's a great start. As soon as I'm off these infernal crutches, I shall be joining in :D

I have a mate who does Fire Poi (?) I think that's the term for it. He said he'd be up for letting me take photos

Aha, so that's why it was included! :LOL: It looks very interesting, I'd love to give it a go.

I think I will stick my efforts in here.

Basically I work offshore so i cant always do the likes of a 365 or so on as being away up to 21 days a month, but i do have a new camera coming tomorrow and id manage this if you would like to add me in it. :)

Initially I thought this would be easier than the 365 or 52 challenges. Maybe easier than taking one a day but I think it might be harder than taking one a week!

But I'm interested now so here's my thread. First photo isn't great, hopefully they'll get better :)

I think I'll join in with this as it will help with my resolution to get out and be more experimental.

Have started a thread but don't know how to post link :eek: thou won't be any pics until the weekend.

Link should now be below:)

Last edited:
Yes, I would say in this challenge it does

Looks like everyone is getting on well with this. I will update the first post with everyone's threads tomorrow

Sorry, I've not yet managed to get to a pc yet. I will update as soon as I get to one though

Back