weekly Posiview's TP52 2015. Week 52 Christmas added and FINISHED :)

Great start to your 5th year in the 52 Andy (y)

Another vote for the abstract image.
Particularly like the vibrancy of it, it's quite hypnotic looking at it :D

It just goes to show, there are images all around us, they just need discovering.

Good work matey, I shall be looking in again!

welcome back Andy

fire-guard thing is fabulous.

and if it's what I think it is, it's amazing how you shot it and cropped it so precisely.

@d00d, cheers, I did spend some time on the crop to get it right.

Great shot with the fire-guard, Must say I viewed the images before reading the text and couldn't see those white spots before, now they seem to be jumping around the image, I also though it looked like mosaic tiling before reading, would look nice in the bathroom though.
All the best for 2015

@Barney Strumble cheers, the white spots are interesting, and annoying :)

The star trail shots are both stunning and although normally I would expect to favour the b&w shot I actually prefer the colour version, the coloured halo really adds to the atmosphere but the fire guard s*** is a real corker, it's actually very difficult to look at for long as it makes my eyes dart all over the I age and as others have said there are white spots popping up all over the place, very strange indeed.

@RaglanSurf, cheers, thanks for the comments. You'll be suprised how many everyday objects will be photographed during the TP52.

Welcome back Andy, glad to see you're still here! Love the fireguard shot, fantastic colours that really pop out at you :clap: With 68 starters for the year, I don’t think any of us have a chance of commenting on every entry every week, but I hope to keep popping in to each thread at least once in a while. Good luck with the rest of the year.

@XenosElaine, cheers, no worries regarding the comments. I'm keeping up-to-date, but that's my OCD and I can already see Jackie giving me 'that' look :)

Great start to your 5th year in the 52 Andy (y)

Another vote for the abstract image.
Particularly like the vibrancy of it, it's quite hypnotic looking at it :D

It just goes to show, there are images all around us, they just need discovering.

Good work matey, I shall be looking in again!

@blakester, cheers, Iain, I read your post while 'in the field' looking for my Week 1 and I recall a guy saying a few years ago how he walked past the same sculpture every day for years and eventually he didn't 'see' it any more, one day he stopped and took time to look at it afresh seeing the beauty that was always there (y)

Cheers all.

Monday is internet fee night in out house and I'm in the kitchen with the lights off watching for Jackie coming home :)

Two from me.

My original idea was a vertical panorama of me on a forrest floor on my back, with the panorama sweeping up and looking straight up and the tree tops. Got the photographs, but need to research vertical panoramas as the final merged photograph was distorted to hell :(

#1 is from the same day. Bliss for me is a lone tree. I don't care how much of a cliche the genre is, they just work for me. I decided to split into three after a few edits and rather liked it. Processed in Analog Efex Pro to mute the colours and run through the wet plate preset, and LR.

#2, got up early and headed of to Armscliffe Crag for a sunset. Got stuck in traffic..ggrrrrr...and arrived too late. Lovely chap was there with his dog, showed me his uPhone photographs from Sunday - what a sunrise! Anyways, it's not what I was after and the one already posted by @robinsslee trumps mine on several levels, but I wanted both hands up. Not easy on icy rocks :eek:

Cheers all.

Week 1 Bliss 2 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Week 1 Bliss 4 by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

I like the tree, it's growing on me the more I look at it, good inclusion of the track to the tree as well.

Hi Andy,
Your lone tree gets my vote between the two submissions.
I like the colour pallete and tones, your processing works well with the subject.
I feel this is one that would work even better in print, that is without the white borders, three separate prints.

On the subject of vertical panoramas, I made one last year of the interior of Glasgow cathedral which I felt worked well. I tried again with Glasgow university cloisters but that ended up very distorted. I thought it maybe had something to do with having less verticals in it. Perhaps this is the limitation of the technique in that mainly verticals are required and not curves as in the case of the cloisters, and yours, I would assume not too many verticals in nature. The software maybe just can't handle the merging of many different facets only straight lines?

Bliss - two great images for the theme, I love the first Image. Nice processing the only thing I am not to keen on is the image being split into three.

The second image, composition works well for me but I find it just a little dark.

Yeah a couple of great shots Andy, I'm liking the tree shot best, a nice touch with the triptych, I like that you chose the portrait crop and the inclusion of the windy path, rather than a landscape...with the second shot shame about the sunset but good composition and silhouette , I bet you were gutted mate !!!

But I must say 10/10 for the get up and go attempt for the theme this week :clap:

Love both of these but the second fits the theme better in my opinion. I get a feeling of exhilaration - "I've reached the top!!"

The fireguard shot is great, the fire tones are beautiful, and the optical illusion a bonus. I like the colour star trail, but the B&W doesn't do it for me at all. It's as if that colour fade makes the shot, and once it's gone, so is my interest. Purely personal of course.

Both bliss shots work, but I lean towards the tree. The vast foreground should jar but it doesn't, it leads in nicely, thanks to that subtle track in the grass I think. The triptych idea adds to it, and you can feel the cold from the colours.

Both great shots Andy - my fav is the tree - really like that idea of the triptych :)

Second shot for me - great colours and a real feeling of bliss at reaching the summit - it puts me in mind of photos I've seen of the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio (y)

Like the tree and the meandering path that leads to it a makes a great lead in line but I'd prefer it non-triptyched.

The top of the crag one looks a little dark on my monitor and a little too 'religious' rather than blissful.....perhaps one arm raised [shrug]

it's the second shot for me. Much as I like lone trees, I've never associated them with the idea of bliss. Having said that, the muted tones in the tree shot are almost dreamy, and I really like the portrait orientation - hmm, I'm talking myself into liking your tree more & more :)

@cowboy, @blakester, @Barney Strumble, @Pinkbikerbabe,@rpn, @Dark Knight, @Manc Man, @d00d, @philthejuggler, @NickD, @Mich56, @XenosElaine, @David Tennant, @Bruja, @Dem55, @pjm1,

Hi, all, time's against individual comments, I'm afraid, but a few comments: the FG is a little dark in #2, I bracketed but didn't look right having me in silhouette and light FG :thinking:, I never even considered the religious connotation of #2 (Christ the Redeemer :)), #2 is, overall, a little dark, I agree; #1, I like the processing and tryptic IIDSSMS :), but also like the non-tryptic. Bliss for #1 is a personal feeling about a very subjective word. Some consider fishing Bliss, but I don't - yet :)

Cheers all (y) and I'll try and comment on everyone's theme but it's blooming hard at the moment.

Andy

Just noticed i've not commented on either of your submissions.

I'll be brief. For Patterns it has to be the star trails. A shot i'd love to try but living in a city does not leaned itself to trying this.

As for your Bliss shots. I'd have liked the tree pic without the splits… I don't know why they just don't work for me in landscape peaceful shots… busy city scopes yes but not blissful scenic shots! The second one is Perfect and one I completely agree with theme wise as someone who loves to climb the hills of Scotland! Technically a great pic and right to be a silhouette

Mark

Andy

Just noticed i've not commented on either of your submissions.

I'll be brief. For Patterns it has to be the star trails. A shot i'd love to try but living in a city does not leaned itself to trying this.

As for your Bliss shots. I'd have liked the tree pic without the splits… I don't know why they just don't work for me in landscape peaceful shots… busy city scopes yes but not blissful scenic shots! The second one is Perfect and one I completely agree with theme wise as someone who loves to climb the hills of Scotland! Technically a great pic and right to be a silhouette

Mark

I live in Leeds. This was taken after a 4:30 start and 60 mile drive to Great Smeaton. Standing in a field at 06:00 on my own in the pitch black was wonderful. Have a try, you'll love it (y)

Here is the unsplit landscape.

Appreciate the FB.

Weel 1 Bliss no split by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

I have to agree with the dark fella TBH.
I like the "splits" but the the winding worn path does add a different dimension to the tree,
and the surrounding area as a whole.
So on balance that's my pick (y)

Well, now I compare the two it is a tough choice, but I do feel the splits distract from the gentle winding walkway :)

I have to agree with the dark fella TBH.
I like the "splits" but the the winding worn path does add a different dimension to the tree,
and the surrounding area as a whole.
So on balance that's my pick (y)

Serves me right for getting all artyfarty :)

Cheers.

I really like the track/path leading the eye up to the tree and the slightly greener grass patch under the branch canopy. I think both of these are somewhat lost in the split, so as others have said, I prefer the non-split version.

#2 for me super shot and more on theme

Not keen on the #1 triptych version although the base image is feels a bit flat anyway. #2 though is the stronger of the two. It's got a bit of a feel to it of the statue of Christ the Redeemer above Rio. Are you sure you were in Yorkshire?

I really like the track/path leading the eye up to the tree and the slightly greener grass patch under the branch canopy. I think both of these are somewhat lost in the split, so as others have said, I prefer the non-split version.

#2 for me super shot and more on theme

Not keen on the #1 triptych version although the base image is feels a bit flat anyway. #2 though is the stronger of the two. It's got a bit of a feel to it of the statue of Christ the Redeemer above Rio. Are you sure you were in Yorkshire?

I actually quite liked the tree as the split but now that I see the image without the split I like it even better.

@Nick65 on reflection I have to say I prefer the Bliss without the split, always good to experiment, though.

Thanks

@sr1867 thank you for the feedback.

@Delta Skies thanks Peter the tree and path photograph was processed to be quite flat and I was definitely in Leeds :)

Cheers.

@David Tennant thank you for feedback much appreciated.

Hi Andy

Like the tree triptych but not the white borders, think the whole tree just pips the post though! Think this would look really good in mono too
I too thought of the Christ the Redeemer with your 2nd image!
Hazel
:)

The red eyes certainly give it a fragile look, in the words of Louis Walsh, "I Like It"

Ouch... I can almost feel that banging head from here! Like the way you've lit this with the head disappearing into blackness [emoji4]

Back