weekly Posiview's TP52 for 2014 Week 52 Support added and FINISHED :)

Both really fit the theme - but as they are so different I just can't chose between them :shrug:

Well done you for getting out and about - must put that on my list of things to do ;)

Yeah well done for getting out Andy, it makes a nice change to see the outdoors!

Both are good but I prefer sense of space myself, could do with a crop at the bottom - I think it would work really well as a 16x9

Good efforts mate (y)

Both really fit the theme - but as they are so different I just can't chose between them :shrug:

Well done you for getting out and about - must put that on my list of things to do ;)

Yeah well done for getting out Andy, it makes a nice change to see the outdoors!

Both are good but I prefer sense of space myself, could do with a crop at the bottom - I think it would work really well as a 16x9

Good efforts mate (y)

Thanks, yeah, it was good to get out in the sunshine :)

I'll give crop a look into

Thanns.

Here goes then.......

#1 - I feel you've captured a real sense of action on this. Zooming in you pick up the determination in the man's face. Unfortunately the image is suffering from noise. Compositionally it it pleasing as the subject is on the third. I wonder if flipping it to give the western standard left to right direction would work better?

#2 - Another nice one. I'd be tempted to crop a bit more of the bottom - maybe above the shoreline. Also I'm finding the characters a little too central. I don't think I'd go as far as putting them on the third but cropping just to the just to the left of the tree seems to work better.

Here goes then.......

#1 - I feel you've captured a real sense of action on this. Zooming in you pick up the determination in the man's face. Unfortunately the image is suffering from noise. Compositionally it it pleasing as the subject is on the third. I wonder if flipping it to give the western standard left to right direction would work better?

#2 - Another nice one. I'd be tempted to crop a bit more of the bottom - maybe above the shoreline. Also I'm finding the characters a little too central. I don't think I'd go as far as putting them on the third but cropping just to the just to the left of the tree seems to work better.

#1, yeah, noise was an issue. I had to bump it is and dial in settings in a rush as he was about to sail off. I always forget that people read left to right.

#2, central positioning has been mentioned and I'd usually agree but felt the central placement worked better. i'll have a go at you suggested crop.

Cracking FB.

Cheers.

Sense: Hi Andy. For 'Grab' shots as you say, both pleasing pictures. Canoeist is determined and working hard, and you've captured and conveyed that feeling to us just fine.

Sence of scale. Well that is the real winner. Like the wide angle view with the sides sloping up each end. If you crop as suggested by others, may be a shame to see you loose this symmety. That cloud is amazing too and like the way it mirrors the foreground in length and scale. The dark underside to the central portion of cloud looks a tad 'strong'....is this a show of nature or an addition in PP? (y)

Hi Andy , cheers for the car share & another fun TP meet (y)

Sense.....like both of them but I think I'm edging toward Sense of scale......a sliver off the bottom maybe ? It has a kinda painterly feel to it which I like , wasn't too sure about the figures being central & would possibly still prefer them to be more to the left ? The sky is bugging me though , the big bank of cloud just seems a little too heavy ?

sense of adventure for me a great action shot, love the look on his face you have captured determined but enjoying it

Sense: Hi Andy. For 'Grab' shots as you say, both pleasing pictures. Canoeist is determined and working hard, and you've captured and conveyed that feeling to us just fine.

Sence of scale. Well that is the real winner. Like the wide angle view with the sides sloping up each end. If you crop as suggested by others, may be a shame to see you loose this symmety. That cloud is amazing too and like the way it mirrors the foreground in length and scale. The dark underside to the central portion of cloud looks a tad 'strong'....is this a show of nature or an addition in PP? (y)

Hi Andy , cheers for the car share & another fun TP meet (y)

Sense.....like both of them but I think I'm edging toward Sense of scale......a sliver off the bottom maybe ? It has a kinda painterly feel to it which I like , wasn't too sure about the figures being central & would possibly still prefer them to be more to the left ? The sky is bugging me though , the big bank of cloud just seems a little too heavy ?

Hi Andy, I like both shots. The facial expressions in the first and the colours in the second. I too think the people are a tad too central, probably not a lot you could do about that!

2 good shots. The action shot has caught his sense of determination well.... and then a complete contrast with the sense of peace in the 2nd one. (y)

Cheers all.

I've been a right lazy tawt this week....

SEE EDIT IN POST 307.

Sheesh, I'm rarely off TP but this week I've not been around much.

I usually try and comment on everyone's posts but not gonna get chance this week, I'm afraid.

Any comments....well, I'll understand it none are forthcoming.

This one looked a lot more endingerer in my my head :thinking:

Cheers.

Week 8 Ending
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Last edited:
I like your take on the theme works for me, good composition and a nice sharp clear image looks great on flicker. My crit is i just don't like the framing around it i think it would be better with just the complete black background.

Love the roses and the processing of them (do they really look like that?)

Not too sure about the vase, don't know why though :)

Yup, that vase is horrible... But you have nailed the roses completely, they are super real. Well done mate. I'm in favour of the border too (y)

Hi Andy the lighting on the roses superb :clap:
I think the other crit is spot on regarding the vase and border
the vase just seems to dominate the image which is a pity

Nailed the roses really well Andy - some lovely faded colour in there.(y) Vase suits the subject I feel being kind of heart shaped and wide at the top to allow the roses to fall away. May be a tad more lighting lower down and lose the highlights near the top. Also I would have experimented with a few petals around the base to further emphasise the theme - not sure how many and how arranged as it could look naff but with the right balance I think that it would help. Excellent b/g and ok with border (wondering what it would look like with a more square crop:thinking:

I think its a great shot I'm just not keen on the use of a frame round the image and I feel the lighting on the vase slightly distracts away from the main subject.

I like your take on the theme works for me, good composition and a nice sharp clear image looks great on flicker. My crit is i just don't like the framing around it i think it would be better with just the complete black background.

Cheers, Mandy. I do like my borders but take you point.

Hi Andy.....if I am honest I don't like the pink bowl....BUT I love the roses ..... I keep wheeling the page up to hide the bowl and the roses look great against the black background:)

Yeah, pink bowl, it was either that or glass which was a 'mare with reflections.

Love the roses and the processing of them (do they really look like that?)

Not too sure about the vase, don't know why though :)

Vase...yup, as above.

Roses, thet were lightpainted and slight desaturation.

Yup, that vase is horrible... But you have nailed the roses completely, they are super real. Well done mate. I'm in favour of the border too (y)

As above re the vase. Appreciate the FB (y)

Hi Andy the lighting on the roses superb :clap:
I think the other crit is spot on regarding the vase and border
the vase just seems to dominate the image which is a pity

Yeah, the vase is a real clanger :)

I lightpainted the roses as I do like the feel it gives.

Nailed the roses really well Andy - some lovely faded colour in there.(y) Vase suits the subject I feel being kind of heart shaped and wide at the top to allow the roses to fall away. May be a tad more lighting lower down and lose the highlights near the top. Also I would have experimented with a few petals around the base to further emphasise the theme - not sure how many and how arranged as it could look naff but with the right balance I think that it would help. Excellent b/g and ok with border (wondering what it would look like with a more square crop:thinking:

Petals on the table....see below...appreciate the detailed FB (y)

I think its a great shot I'm just not keen on the use of a frame round the image and I feel the lighting on the vase slightly distracts away from the main subject.

Cheers, I do like to add frames now and again and take your point. The light on the vase, yup, I lightpained the roses so some highlights were inevitable.

So, the vase...it was this one or glass and that would have been a mare.

This was the second take. First was on a lace curtain but didn't feel right to me...but it did have a few petals that I forgot to add to the second take that was on black card....:arghh::arghh:

Cheers all (y)

Yes Andy, another vote for your edited version, the toned down colour of the vase works better against the roses.
The added fallen petals are an inspired touch.
I am not so keen on the border though, perhaps a simple key line would be more effective? IMHO

Good lighting on the flowers and the fallen petals are a nice touch, don't like the border though - sorry. As others have mentioned, not keen on the vase/bowl thingy bob.

Hi ya

never thought I'd see you doing this type of shot ! The edit works better with the inclusion of the fallen petals & the slightly less in your face pink vase (y)....wonder if a slight crackly texture added to said vase would add to the feeling ? keep looking at the roses....lighting seems a bit....harsh isn't quite the word....strong maybe ?

Cheers.

Bowl....yikes..I neglected the vase as too focused on the flowers.

The border, I did another with a simple line, as suggested by Iain, and yup, worked better.

Light on the flowers, they were light painted and I actually darked it and desaturated a tad.

FB apreciated.

Cheers.

Week 8.

Positive.

My initial idea of having Isabelle stand in the dark with a sign reading, 'The End Isn't Nigh!' was an abject failure, but glad I tried.

Not must time this week and I need to get the ideas for February's POTY flowing so an early post from me.

Cheers all.

Week 9 Positive
by andysheader (Posiview), on Flickr

Yep, works for me too Andy (y)
Central composition works well in this instance, good work light painting? your thumb.
Maybe just a wee bit more light on your fingers but that is being picky.

Chests ;)

Hi Andy, nice idea with Iain on the tad more light thing

my major gripe is the wording, is "cocksure" a positive word, most people I could describe as being that, well cock would be enough.
I think you have probably missed February's POTY as well its March over this side of the country ;)

Back