2014 Photo52 Challenge : Week 52 : Support

I've not dared to fiddle with anything I don't understand! But I have been out this morning and got some nice shots of my daughter that are nice and sharp, also got my linked shot! Just need to do a test of my 70-200 to make sure that's ok and it is just me! If it is me my photography mojo needs a kick into place!

Action... now that's a good one :)

Right, I'm off on holiday for a week or so, I will be popping on now and again if we stop at a coffee shop with wi-fi, but I won't have time to post comments on photo's - Sorry, when I get back it may take a week or so to catch up again too, but now going to get the spreadsheet done before I pack my final essential bits... Batteries, Blackrapid Strap, Filters... Hmmmm do I need to take my filters... Ooo Monopod, maybe that's going a bit too far :thinking:

I was hoping for a re-shoot this week too, I have my 'Steps' to do and now 'Action' - I may just do a few re-shoots too :)

Right, I'm off on holiday for a week or so, I will be popping on now and again if we stop at a coffee shop with wi-fi, but I won't have time to post comments on photo's - Sorry, when I get back it may take a week or so to catch up again too, but now going to get the spreadsheet done before I pack my final essential bits... Batteries, Blackrapid Strap, Filters... Hmmmm do I need to take my filters... Ooo Monopod, maybe that's going a bit too far :thinking:

I was hoping for a re-shoot this week too, I have my 'Steps' to do and now 'Action' - I may just do a few re-shoots too :)

Have a good break DK. Oh and in your list of things to take, don't forget Mrs DK :).

Have a great break, Dean.

Hope you get some great photographs (y)

Have a good break DK. Oh and in your list of things to take, don't forget Mrs DK :).
Ahhhhh good thinking Alan :LOL:

Have a great break, Dean.

Hope you get some great photographs (y)
I hope so too mate :)

Cheers Guys... Best load the car now :wave:

Don't forget the children... don't forget the children.......

Have a great time buddy

I am currently away from home too, up in Gods Country for the week.
I am still just about in the 52 and on the look out for an 'action' shot. It won't be uploaded until I return home so will undoubtably be late.
Have a great Easter holiday everyone, I hope the weather is kind to you.

Just polling opinions, but given that it's Easter bank holiday would anyone prefer to have an early draw this week and get the theme Thursday night instead of Friday?

That's a yes from me Sarah (y)

Me too:) Hoping to get an actiom shot whilst on holiday from saturday for a week in berwick. Having had my camera replaced I hope to be rid of focussing issues!
What focusing issues did you have Michael? I seem to have an issue just now unless I hold the camera absolutely stock still! It certainly struggles to track moving targets :(

What focusing issues did you have Michael? I seem to have an issue just now unless I hold the camera absolutely stock still! It certainly struggles to track moving targets :(

My new 70d didn't like focusing my 85 1.8 and then it was screwing up focus on all of my lenses and caused them to hunt like a cat chasing a ball of wool when using the viewfinder AF, live view focus worked a treat though. My local camera shop swapped the body over and things seem better, though not convinced totally about the 85mm issue although hit rate seems better when using viewfinder AF, I don't want to have to use live view all the time with the 85 to achieve spot on focus.

Ha Ha nice smilie Sarah, is there any way to save new smilies into the smilies tab on new posts???

Hmmmmmm . . . I think this is going to be an either 'love it' or 'hate it' theme.

<Runs for cover>

No need for you to take cover, we won't shoot the messenger..................maybe :D

MONO!
shakinghead.gif
............Speak for ya self Iain!

machine-gun.gif
............... :whistle:

Thanks Sarah............I think :thinking: :D

My new 70d didn't like focusing my 85 1.8 and then it was screwing up focus on all of my lenses and caused them to hunt like a cat chasing a ball of wool when using the viewfinder AF, live view focus worked a treat though. My local camera shop swapped the body over and things seem better, though not convinced totally about the 85mm issue although hit rate seems better when using viewfinder AF, I don't want to have to use live view all the time with the 85 to achieve spot on focus.
Oh dear. I hope you get it sorted. I just seem to be getting a much higher percentage OOF! Not sure if it's a camera fault or me! I'm trialling back button focusing now to see if that helps!

Thanks Sarah :) I have a list of themes to catch up on!

Have a good Easter everyone.

OMG a thursday theme thats 4 to do now !! I've been out of the loop for a couple of weeks had to work away at really short notice which meant no camera or computer.
Working most of easter as well as got so much catching up to do having had 5 weeks off with my shoulder. Will try and get at least 2 done over the weekend and then maybe another during the week, may not have much time to comment but will do my best.

Ooooh,m seem to have missed some notifications - hoping to get sorted out and caught up a bit over the weekend. Been back to the UK for a few days, so hopefully will have something there that fits Nature and Action although most pics are of my two cutie nieces ♥

Loving Mono - might just get out into the street for this later :D

HI everyone

been missing in action over the last week or so....apologies for not commenting but started my marathon catch up now ! Got my action shot sorted if I can narrow it down from about 100 :eek: Got an idea for mono but if time gets out of hand may resort to using one of my POTY shots just to keep up to date !

good to see so many people still in as well...a determined bunch this year it seems (y)

Well, I didn't manage to get an action shot during the week, I was however out and about with my camera during my recent visit home to Scotland so I am going to post a few of those as jokers and move on to this weeks theme.
That may seem a bit of a cop out but rather than chasing a theme and getting behind, I have decided its better to just chill about the whole thing. I was still using my camera which is IMHO the ethos behind the 52, getting out there shooting on a weekly basis. Well thats my excuse and i am sticking to it :D

Hi, all :wave: back from 5 days at the coast. Cracking weather and plenty of photographs to delete :)

Hopefully one of the Monos I photographed will be worth submitting.

I'll try to catch up on comments but apologies if I miss anyone...I still have my POTY to submit :tumbleweed:

Cheers.

BLIMEY... loads been out and about the last few days then... welcome back Iain and Andy, hope you guys had a great time :)

For me, I have all my shots to bring me up to date... well I have them in my camera and it will take a few days to get through them :help:

For me the same as Iain, one or two may be a bit tenuous but I want to get up to date again, so I will be updating the spreadsheet tonight, then Starting from tomorrow I will be editing photo's a theme a night and trying to comment on one or two shots, only after concentrating on getting my pics up will I then start to comment on the backlog - will teach me to go away !!!!

So apologies in advance if I don't comment on your images until later in the week or the weekend

Shhhhh, Sarah is online :woot:

:)

Sarah is still online.... :)

Ok, so I've had a gallon of coffee...I'm sat in Costa having drank more coffee...and had a big bun.

What's worse is Jackie found I was taking the afternoon off....she texted me and asked what I was doing, "tiding up" I said.

If I time it right I can collect Isabelle and have a mad rush around to tidy up. Of course, Jackie will know what I'm going to do so will likely leave work early and catch me out :)

Cheers all.

Especially if she secretly checks up on you on here she will. ;)

Back