Allan.H 52 2020 WEEK 52 DECOR(ATE) added

I like this. An abstract shot with only the hint of text on a page to give the game away.

Nice job!

Nice processing there Allan, (y)

Nicely lit with the pool of light around the camera sufficient to see that the background is blue not black, and not causing any blown highlights.
To be honest the BG is black, the camera was lit with a LED torch which leaves a blue cast
:whistle:.
Thanks for looking in though

Nice bit of kit - I have the black one.

To be honest the BG is black, the camera was lit with a LED torch which leaves a blue cast
:whistle:.
Thanks for looking in though
That's quite an effect then.
I was assuming the background to be a dark blue-black, brought out by the light as the silver of the X100F has a warm look to it.
It didn't occur to me that the light could have a blue hue.

Still a nicely lit and composed image even if it is another camera... I doubt you will be the only one!

WEEK 49 LEAVES

Leaves by Allan Howe, on Flickr

From the website

‘The Leaves of the Trees’ was created to honour those who have passed away during the pandemic, while also giving us all an opportunity to reflect on our collective experience.
Chester Cathedral is hosting the nationally touring memorial by Peter Walker from Thursday 3 December 2020 – Sunday 3 January 2021.

Designed to be a reflective memorial to the pandemic, the installation is made up of 5,000 steel leaves which will be laid out in the Chapter House, like fallen autumn leaves. Appearing as though naturally scattered by the wind, the leaves symbolise the past and what has transpired.

The Leaves of the Trees is presented as part of the Christmas Tree Festival.

I was spending ages trying to work out how you did that before I realised you'd explained it underneath! I thought it was very clever photoshop work :)

Lovely idea, perfect for the theme and nicely captured.

I was spending ages trying to work out how you did that before I realised you'd explained it underneath! I thought it was very clever photoshop work :)

Lovely idea, perfect for the theme and nicely captured.
Thanks

A lovely but sad back story,
Nice image (y)

Back