Allan.H TP52 2017 WEEK 52 WEATHER ADDED

Oh, another crematorium. I like the dramatic sky, but together with the grey foreground I find the photo a bit dark.

Oh, another crematorium. I like the dramatic sky, but together with the grey foreground I find the photo a bit dark.
Large - love the angle and the shallow dof - the b&w gives it a bit of a 50s sci-fi feel
Architecture - I'm not feeling this one so much...nice brooding sky over the white building, but it still seems a bit flat somehow?

You are both spot on a lazy submission really, have upped the brightness a little and reposted but I'm not really feeling it either.

I can see what the others mean about a crop Allan, it is an unusual shaped building so good for the theme, but I rather like that huge expanse of brooding clouds ...they seem rather fitting considering the choice of building.

(I would have been tempted to clone out that really bright bit at the top though.)

I can see what the others mean about a crop Allan, it is an unusual shaped building so good for the theme, but I rather like that huge expanse of brooding clouds ...they seem rather fitting considering the choice of building.

(I would have been tempted to clone out that really bright bit at the top though.)
Blimey, what a sky! .... or is it smoke. ;)
Thank you

Architecture - Unusual shaped roof and sky adds interest, perhaps a tighter shot to see more of the roof in detail and a little work with the cloning tool to remove the pylon growing out of the top of the roof on the right.

Architecture - Unusual shaped roof and sky adds interest, perhaps a tighter shot to see more of the roof in detail and a little work with the cloning tool to remove the pylon growing out of the top of the roof on the right.
Thanks

Great idea, I like that you didn't include the ends of the pencil. Good focus, but I'm not so sure about the frame...

a broken pencil, how odd, of all the broken things that one I thought of doing.

Different approach ..... would rather see it rotated 90 deg to letterboxy o_O I think.

a broken pencil, how odd, of all the broken things that one I thought of doing.

Different approach ..... would rather see it rotated 90 deg to letterboxy o_O I think.
Tried that didn't like it

I think it works both ways :)
I like the frame, it adds that extra bit of interest, that's a unique idea not to show the ends.

Thanks Susie
Noooooooooooo that is what I was going to do bugger lol :LOL: good job I was catching up on the spreadsheet tonight prior to taking my pic tomorrow evening after work :thinking:

Good idea that Allan :D

sorry :whistle:

:banana:

Like the idea of broken pencil, agree with other's comments about the background and in particularly the slightly off-centred parallel lines.
The frame is a bit hit and miss I agree

Thats just vandalism!

Nice and sharp image, and I like the compo and framing.

Hi Allan,

Large - Not the obvious choice, so it works well. Great detail on the head.

Architecture - not sure what to say. I like the image, for the way the sky feels more like the subject with the building below as a shelter from the impending rain. But as a shot for architecture, I'm not sure

Broken - Works well for me. Simple but effective.

Hi Allan,

Large - Not the obvious choice, so it works well. Great detail on the head.

Architecture - not sure what to say. I like the image, for the way the sky feels more like the subject with the building below as a shelter from the impending rain. But as a shot for architecture, I'm not sure

Broken - Works well for me. Simple but effective.

Thanks for the comments

"architecture" doesn't work for me either I think you have hit the nail on the head though it isn't really about the building however much I try to kid myself

Love the detail and shadow, I'm not sure if Iike the off-centre or not.:thinking:..

Thanks, I know what you mean

I meant that you hadn't totally rebelled and refused to post :p
It's lacking a bit of oomph in the greens I think, but I like the idea of the usual panning shot being reversed and the cyclist showing the movement. Beautifully composed as ever from you, with the path leading you through as well.

I know what you meant, if only I could get away with that :thinking:

It was put through the "bleach bypass" effect in "colour effects pro 4" (hence the colours), just to add a little bit more excitement :woot:

Back