Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Hi Allan, so sorry to read about Oscar. That's a lovely image of him and I hope you have something like that ready for your wall to remember him.

Robin shot is a good one - no need for apologies in the circumstances and no need anyway because it's a good shot. Well done on getting time for that - hope you and yours are all bearing up.

Such a cute dog, as said a nice memorial.

I really like the robin, lovely tones and detail :)

Topical really catches the eye i like the not quite symerty

Farewell Oscar old chap, hello little robin you look striking against that BG.

Camo - Wonderful - loving the tones and PP and the colouring makes it quite surreal !

Dangerous - Shoehorn aside, nice interpretation and capture of a lovely piece of sculpture :)

Topical - Liking the composition, crop and conversion - very nice and interesting capture

Living world - sorry to hear your bad news - a touching tribute and lovely photo :)

Allan, that is a lovely image of Oscar. He looks like a right character with one ear up and the other one down. Please accept my condolences, I know your pain having lost a little furry friend many years ago myself. It's taken me a while to get to your thread so I hope that by now some of the hurt has started to ease.

Well done on posting your Robin picture, I think it shows great resolve and no one will expect you to comment this week I'm sure.

Sending warm vibes.... B

I'm so very sorry to hear about Oscar, Allan. It is heartbreaking to lose such a beloved member of the family - it sounds as though you made the right decision in very difficult circumstances. That is a really beautiful photo of him - one to treasure.
For what it's worth I think your robin is a great shot, too - one of the nicest I've seen of a very photographed bird. The background might not be natural, but they are so often seen close to people and houses, it's very fitting.

Thanks for the nice words and for liking the robin picture

I'm sorry to hear about Oscar very sad indeed as Emma says it's heart breaking to lose a much loved member of your family.

That really is a lovely photo of Oscar and one I'm sure will remind you of all the happy memories.

Love the Robin shot too I like how he/she is right at the front of the photo

Thanks its been a sad few days

Aw! that's sad Allan - lovely photo of Oscar. I think the robin is excellent - I took one too but it pales against yours ... mine is a younger one I think - tummy not filled out as much. Lovely DoF and against an uncluttered white backdrop, looks almost as if it's set against snow. :clap:

Thanks Carl

My condolences too Allan, first time in ages I've popped in here and I now have a tear in my eye and a lump in my throat. Extremely similar circumstances to how our Dexter (the evil eyed cat) went a year or so back. Liver failure suspected, and was also very sudden.

He looks an awesome dog, and very much the canine equivalent of my imagined image of yourself. :)

Thanks for looking in, not sure he's the canine equivalent of myself, but it made me smile :)

Hi Allan,
How very sad. Oscar looks like a lovely little dog; so appealing. No doubt you will have many happy memories and photos to help you through this upsetting time.

thanks for the kind words

I'm very sorry to hear about Oscar, my condolences, lovely looking dog and a very nice photo. The robin photo looks spot on, bags of detail, good depth of field against a neutral background

thank you

Sorry to hear about Oscar, Allan, a nice little memorial post (y)

thanks

Hi Allan, so sorry to read about Oscar. That's a lovely image of him and I hope you have something like that ready for your wall to remember him.

Robin shot is a good one - no need for apologies in the circumstances and no need anyway because it's a good shot. Well done on getting time for that - hope you and yours are all bearing up.

Thanks Paul, we are both ok a little down still but getting there

I'm so sorry to hear this Allan, the little chap looks so happy in the shot. It's a really good photo of him and will be a memory you can always hang on to.

Thank you

Such a cute dog, as said a nice memorial.

I really like the robin, lovely tones and detail :)

Topical really catches the eye i like the not quite symerty

Thank you

Farewell Oscar old chap, hello little robin you look striking against that BG.

Thanks

So sorry to read about Oscar, looks a little character from the picture. Such a sad time when you lose a loved pet, thoughts are with you.

Thanks

Hi Allan, Oscar looks every bit the little treasure he no doubt was ...very sad indeed.

Super little robin, my favourite bird.

Thank you Susie

Tough news Allan.
All the best

Thanks for looking in always appreciated (y)

Camo - Wonderful - loving the tones and PP and the colouring makes it quite surreal !

Dangerous - Shoehorn aside, nice interpretation and capture of a lovely piece of sculpture :)

Topical - Liking the composition, crop and conversion - very nice and interesting capture

Living world - sorry to hear your bad news - a touching tribute and lovely photo :)

Thank you

Allan, that is a lovely image of Oscar. He looks like a right character with one ear up and the other one down. Please accept my condolences, I know your pain having lost a little furry friend many years ago myself. It's taken me a while to get to your thread so I hope that by now some of the hurt has started to ease.

Well done on posting your Robin picture, I think it shows great resolve and no one will expect you to comment this week I'm sure.

Sending warm vibes.... B

Things are better thanks Brian

Awwwwe so sad to hear about Oscar Allan, we get rightly so attached to our pets, that is a lovely image to remember him by !!!

As for the Robin I really like that, love the colours and detail, great PoV, is that a bench/table it is on ??

Thanks DK, it was perched on a table

So sorry to hear about Oscar, he looks a wonderful little dog.

Thanks

Sorry for your loss, Allan, wonderful dog.

Robin, super, nice low POV, sharp and nice colurs.

Cheers.

Thank you Andy

Terribly sorry about Oscar. :( He looks so cute. You must have so many happy moments together.

I really like your robin picture. Lovely sharp textures on the wood, which complements the colour of the robin, and lovely dof that makes the robin really stand out.

I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar. He sounds like he was a very loved little bugger, as they all should be.

Great Robic pic....one of my favourite little garden characters.

Terribly sorry about Oscar. :( He looks so cute. You must have so many happy moments together.

I really like your robin picture. Lovely sharp textures on the wood, which complements the colour of the robin, and lovely dof that makes the robin really stand out.

many happy memories indeed thanks for the nice comments

I'm so sorry to hear about Oscar. He sounds like he was a very loved little bugger, as they all should be.

Great Robic pic....one of my favourite little garden characters.

Thanks Ruth

My kinda shots Allan....great minds think alike!

Like them both the long thorns on the gorse look sharp and spiky but for me the the BW conversion perhaps just has the edge, it makes the thorns look spikier.

I like both too, Al, but like t'other Chris, The B&W has the edge, for the same reasons (y)

I like both your spiky shots - the white backgrounds really make the shapes stand out. I've taken shots of both these plants over the last couple of days, too. I'll try and find something different tomorrow, but might have to post them anyway - apologies in advance if so :oops: :$

Having a bit of a catch-up

Topical - this is very clever, counteracting the relatively dull topic with a really interesting composition. The inclusion of more than one board implies the news is all over the place, as stories are so often repeated ad infinitum in the media.

Living World - cute picture of your dog, very sorry for the loss. The robin picture I think is excellent.

Spiky: Although I really like the definition of the spikes in the first shot, the plant in the second looks like something out of a horror film and is my prefrence, just because it looks so vicious.

Abandoned- different take on the them but it works. It really stands out against the sky.
Camouflage- very minimalist nice crisp shot.
Dangerous- needs the narrative but doest fit the theme. Its a great shot I like the perspective. I work in a school Library this would perfect wall art.
Living World - sorry to hear about Oscar he was a lovely looking dog. The Robin
Spiky - two good shots I like the teasle best was hoping to get a shot of one for my spiky

My kinda shots Allan....great minds think alike!

great minds indeed

Like them both the long thorns on the gorse look sharp and spiky but for me the the BW conversion perhaps just has the edge, it makes the thorns look spikier.

thanks

I like both too, Al, but like t'other Chris, The B&W has the edge, for the same reasons (y)

I suppose it does look spikier

Ooh, I like the first spiky. Nice colours and focus!

Thank you

I like both your spiky shots - the white backgrounds really make the shapes stand out. I've taken shots of both these plants over the last couple of days, too. I'll try and find something different tomorrow, but might have to post them anyway - apologies in advance if so :oops: :$

I am sure your take on them will be different

Just like #1 a bit more with a touch colours. No idea how you managed to get such pure white background!

They were shot outside with a white card for the BG and slightly over exposed

Having a bit of a catch-up

Topical - this is very clever, counteracting the relatively dull topic with a really interesting composition. The inclusion of more than one board implies the news is all over the place, as stories are so often repeated ad infinitum in the media.

Living World - cute picture of your dog, very sorry for the loss. The robin picture I think is excellent.

Spiky: Although I really like the definition of the spikes in the first shot, the plant in the second looks like something out of a horror film and is my prefrence, just because it looks so vicious.

thanks for the catch up

Definitely b&w Allan - I think the white bg brings out the sharpness of detail. Two super shots for the theme. :clap:

San news about Oscar, Allan. Hopefully this image with be treasured in the future memories of Oscar,

Spiky, both good images, but I like the second best though.it seems to be a better subject and better taken, more sinister and deserving of the title Spiky

Last edited:
Hi Allan, both are good. The B&W image has - for me - the more effective processing, so I'll go with that one. I think as an image both work and are obviously on theme, but I could imagine looking at the thistle for longer if it were on the wall. Lighting is effective, too.

I prefer the first, maybe because I take loads of pictures of teasels, I get drawn to them for some reason, but I'm usually dissatisfied with the images when I get home.

What plant is that in the first? It looks vicious!

Two beautiful images making it difficult to decide, but think I will go for the second the b&w just seems to just give it an edge.

Spot on theme sir. I too think I prefer the B&W image. Nice processing, they work well against the white background.

Thank you sir

Definitely b&w Allan - I think the white bg brings out the sharpness of detail. Two super shots for the theme. :clap:

Thanks Carl

San news about Oscar, Allan. Hopefully this image with be treasured in the future memories of Oscar,

Spiky, both good images, but I like the second best though.it seems to be a better subject and better taken, more sinister and deserving of the title Spiky

Thanks

hi Allan ....not sure about the first one, but I love the black and white one.

Thank you Susie

Spiky #2 for me because I'm a big fan of Karl Blossfeldt

Cheers.

Thanks for the link Andy

Hi Allan, both are good. The B&W image has - for me - the more effective processing, so I'll go with that one. I think as an image both work and are obviously on theme, but I could imagine looking at the thistle for longer if it were on the wall. Lighting is effective, too.

Thanks Paul, they are both a little lazy if you ask me, quick and simple really

I prefer the first, maybe because I take loads of pictures of teasels, I get drawn to them for some reason, but I'm usually dissatisfied with the images when I get home.

What plant is that in the first? It looks vicious!

The first plant is some kind of gorse, you have probably seen it hundreds of times its not till you look closely at it you notice the spikes

Two beautiful images making it difficult to decide, but think I will go for the second the b&w just seems to just give it an edge.

Thanks

Oooo now they are damn spiky !!!

Hmmmmm... I like the colour and the quirky angle of the flower head, the teezle is really nice too, particularly like the curly bit, both good backgrounds and well lit, but the inclusion of colour just tips it for me so no:1 :)

Thanks DK

alright Allan... (y) .. good start to the year..great in fact... no idea of your experience so i'm going from what i see... love Dangerous.. outstanding leading lines i feel.. and i'm so jealous of your robin..little buggers fly off the minute they see my clown suit....i do think Captive could have been grittier... not so straight on..

alright Allan... (y) .. good start to the year..great in fact... no idea of your experience so i'm going from what i see... love Dangerous.. outstanding leading lines i feel.. and i'm so jealous of your robin..little buggers fly off the minute they see my clown suit....i do think Captive could have been grittier... not so straight on..

Thanks for looking in, I agree with the comment about captive there is much I would change now
as for robins perhaps you purchased the wrong clown suit, :thinking:

Good work Allan

I love the teasel ... BG looks odd ... but in the nicest possible way.

Back