Alsjazzeras 2016 TP 52 WEEK 52 CELEBRATE/CELEBRATION ADDED

Abandoned: Really like the interpretation. I do enjoy learning about UK's industrial past and efforts to regenerate in its wake. This picture tells that story and sure does fire my imagination.

Camaflouge: that is a beautiful picture. So delicate and refined. Perfect for me

Abandoned - a well-taken photo and the sculpture really stands out from the background, but to be honest I don't really like the sclulpture itself
Camoflage - I really like this simple, classy photo. Got to view it on flickr to do it justice. I thought it was monochrome but I'd swear there's a touch of colour in some of the holes when viewed full size?

Ooo nice prop Allan !!!

Needless to say, great crisp whites, very effective composition, good shadows and super detail - love it too (y)

Thank you DK

Abandoned - That sure is a weird piece of art. I agree with Andy about the sky making it pop.
Camouflage - Great high key image. Is it coral? Fits the theme nicely (y)

Its a starfish are they classed as coral, maybe I am not sure

Hi Allan ....that's a nice piece of coral .....a good find for the theme.

Thanks Sushi :ROFLMAO: I found it about a month ago and to be honest was waiting for a theme it might fit never thought it would be this one :thinking:

Abandoned: Really like the interpretation. I do enjoy learning about UK's industrial past and efforts to regenerate in its wake. This picture tells that story and sure does fire my imagination.

Camaflouge: that is a beautiful picture. So delicate and refined. Perfect for me

Thank you, thats nice of you to say, there are a few small sculptures around the site with poetry on written by local people very thought provoking

Abandoned - a well-taken photo and the sculpture really stands out from the background, but to be honest I don't really like the sclulpture itself
Camoflage - I really like this simple, classy photo. Got to view it on flickr to do it justice. I thought it was monochrome but I'd swear there's a touch of colour in some of the holes when viewed full size?

what is it you don't like about the sculpture, i like these bits of public art
the starfish is indeed in colour

Hi Allan great shot for camouflage lovely detail and great shadows. Love the simplicity of the image

That's nice :) more of your white-on-white expertise.

Really lovely image Allan - really like the white-on-white thing you've got going. Excellent take. :clap:

Camouflaged certainly works for me Allan (y)

Wonderful creature. Looks like you've lost some detail on one or two of the arms and they tend to blend into the surface....maybe this was the effect you were after.

Cheers.

Camouflaged certainly works for me Allan (y)

Is that a statement or a comment on my picture:p

Wonderful creature. Looks like you've lost some detail on one or two of the arms and they tend to blend into the surface....maybe this was the effect you were after.

Cheers.

Thanks Andy did want it to blend in a little but I think I went a little to far.

Is that a statement or a comment on my picture:p
LOL well when I'm shooting, its a statement of fact, but as I'm not actually shooting right now, I guess it was a comment on your shoehorn, I mean picture :D

Allan, really love your camouflaged image, so different than what has been posted before. Well control exposure too.

LOL well when I'm shooting, its a statement of fact, but as I'm not actually shooting right now, I guess it was a comment on your shoehorn, I mean picture :D

now wheres that handbag emoji :p

Allan, really love your camouflaged image, so different than what has been posted before. Well control exposure too.

Thanks

Abandoned - a nicely composed image and a nice little story to go with it.

Camouflage - another nicely executed image, with just the right amount of shadowing under neath the coral.

Thank you Mandy

Beautiful camouflaged shot - clean, crisp and classy!

Thanks

A great carving Allan, but it needs a hefty shoehorn to squeeze it in :D

Don't listen to them Al,
It just needs an Oh before it and a IT! after, and its cool (y)

I like the artwork. Nice textures in the wood and perfect in b&w. It is said that bears do Shhhh in the wood?

Would that be Sshhhoooe horn.

Interesting take on the theme, nice mono conversion

I have no idea what you are talking about :exit:

Don't listen to them Al,
It just needs an Oh before it and a IT! after, and its cool (y)

it just needs the imagination of a 2 year old, to be fair
:agree: :LOL:

A very unusual take on the theme.

It amused me

Nice shoe horn and nice conversion I like the detail in the wood [emoji3]

what shoehorn :naughty:

I like the artwork. Nice textures in the wood and perfect in b&w. It is said that bears do Shhhh in the wood?

Thank you Carl for not mentioning the shoehorn, it just takes a little thought :wacky:

Hi Allan, bit of a mini-catchup for me. Camouflage: I have to echo what @JasonGlyn said - perfect image. I love the lighting, composition and subtle PP. Just works - and bang on theme.
Danger: requires slightly more of a mental leap to make the connection (well done with the narrative!) but a nicely shot image and well treated in post. Good job to get it in nice and early.

I'm liking the dangerous themed shot actually. Sure it makes a bit of a jump to connect it but I ended up singing "if you go down in the woods today..." at my desk at work which brightened my day.

Besides, everyone needs a shoehorn now and again!

Wow, a really interesting carving. Loving what it says and all the detail on the wood. I think B&W serves this picture very well and I like that the angle you've shot it at makes the Shhh recede into the distance so that it ups the creeps factor.

Hi Allan, bit of a mini-catchup for me. Camouflage: I have to echo what @JasonGlyn said - perfect image. I love the lighting, composition and subtle PP. Just works - and bang on theme.
Danger: requires slightly more of a mental leap to make the connection (well done with the narrative!) but a nicely shot image and well treated in post. Good job to get it in nice and early.

Thanks Paul, "slightly more of a mental leap" made me laugh

I'm liking the dangerous themed shot actually. Sure it makes a bit of a jump to connect it but I ended up singing "if you go down in the woods today..." at my desk at work which brightened my day.

Besides, everyone needs a shoehorn now and again!

I am glad I brightened your day a little

Wow, a really interesting carving. Loving what it says and all the detail on the wood. I think B&W serves this picture very well and I like that the angle you've shot it at makes the Shhh recede into the distance so that it ups the creeps factor.

Thanks for the nice comment

Didnt get the connection till I saw your write up but now I really like it ....what a unique idea for a carving ....b&w works well.

Thanks Susie, you don't want to wake them bears up :wideyed:
to be honest the way i saw it was when do you use the word sshhh, mainly to shut someone up to hear whats going on, it maybe the ice-cream man or maybe not :help:

Nice perspective shot (it wouldn't have worked from the other direction). I think the processing works nicely and it's an interesting image.
I'm not someone who could ever make horned shoe comments.

Lovely shot......though (and I maybe am being dense)....I'm not getting "danger" from it :)

Dangerous: works well in mono. Like the composition and good you avoided shooting straight on. Like the way the shadows of the trees appear to run parallel to the Sculpture

Thanks

Dangerous made me smile - shoehorn or not! It's a good angle and you've captured some great textures.

Thank you it amused me too

Nice perspective shot (it wouldn't have worked from the other direction). I think the processing works nicely and it's an interesting image.
I'm not someone who could ever make horned shoe comments.

I only did it to make you feel better

Lovely shot......though (and I maybe am being dense)....I'm not getting "danger" from it :)

neither am I to be honest, it just amused me

Abandoned - Thanks for the narrative on the shot, it's nice to know what exactly the sculpture is. It stands out well against the sky, I wonder if it might have worked well centralised in the picture.
Camouflage - outstanding shot, really like the white on white.
Danger - Love reading how people's thought process works on these themes. The B&W works well and I like the detail/texture in the wood.

Dangerous

I can see how this would raise the tension in small children (wonder if it would work in the house if you told them the bogey man would come and get them if they woke him up) oops, sorry, flashback moment there :eek:

A fun shot for the theme (y)

Abandoned - Thanks for the narrative on the shot, it's nice to know what exactly the sculpture is. It stands out well against the sky, I wonder if it might have worked well centralised in the picture.
Camouflage - outstanding shot, really like the white on white.
Danger - Love reading how people's thought process works on these themes. The B&W works well and I like the detail/texture in the wood.

Thanks
Dangerous

I can see how this would raise the tension in small children (wonder if it would work in the house if you told them the bogey man would come and get them if they woke him up) oops, sorry, flashback moment there :eek:

A fun shot for the theme (y)

Thank you all it takes is a little imagination or maybe a childhood trauma to make a connection, :)

Back