weekly alsjazzeras TP52 2015 week 52 CHRISTMAS added FINISHED

Hi Allan,

That's a smashing shot for household, only one tiny crit from me - looking at the shot has made me want some cake!:clap: :clap:

Great collage and all the colours work very well together.

Hi Allan, I'm no expert on food mixers and I'm sure that's probably state of the art, but the image really gives me a vintage 50's ad feeling. Think it's probably the pastel tiling effect of the bg. Like it! :clap:

Doesn't really say Household ... but I like it. Does it always vibrate like that when making cake?

Last edited:
Hi Allan,

That's a smashing shot for household, only one tiny crit from me - looking at the shot has made me want some cake!:clap: :clap:

MMM cake, thanks for looking in

Great collage and all the colours work very well together.

Thanks

Love it :clap::clap: the colour is perfect ....some really smashing photos on your thread lately Allan :)

Thank you Susie for the nice words, a little ironic really as i have not been enjoying the themes at all

Hi Allan, I'm no expert on food mixers and I'm sure that's probably state of the art, but the image really gives me a vintage 50's ad feeling. Think it's probably the pastel tiling effect of the bg. Like it! :clap:

The mixer is very retro looking, glad you like it

Doesn't really say Household ... but I like it. Does it always vibrate like that when making cake?

its a household item, it is quite scary on full speed

Cracking image Allan, I like it, a mixed up, mixer!! Interesting that all the border overlaps give it a novel contrast. That calls for a lot of patience!! (y)

Hi Allan

Figures....very spooky, I like that a great deal.

Household....Very imaginative. I love it.

ooo household, weirdly the PP suits the old fashioned-ness of the subject :) my fave so far yay :clap:

WEEK 20 LIMIT

limit by Allan Howe, on Flickr

Not happy with this theme at all probably one of the worst photos I have submitted, but it gets me out of a hole, oh the apathy

Hey Allan :)

Yes a few tough ones recently...

Figures - Now that is different, abstract yes, doing my eyes in rapidly yes, hitting the button... yes too (y)

Household - I really like these types of images/collages, the darker overlapped bits really help for me, adds just that bit more interest :)

Limit - Not the most exciting that's for sure, but cropped in the right places with the numbers in the corners, the needle is in a good spot, nice and sharp too, works fine mate (y)

Heat is great, lighting and composition are spot on, and the colour of the tea (?) is beautiful. There's a stray flare or something off the bottom of the handle I'd have been tempted to lose, but nice job all the same.

Figures is a love/hate kind of shot, and it's canvas material for me... Great stuff. I don't know how you did it, and it doesn't matter, it's art to me. (I am notoriously unsophisticated in my tastes though to be fair!)

Household works well too. You've taken something quite mundane, as household items are, and pulled an interesting and pleasing image out of it.Nice one!

Hey Allan :)

Yes a few tough ones recently...

Figures - Now that is different, abstract yes, doing my eyes in rapidly yes, hitting the button... yes too (y)

Household - I really like these types of images/collages, the darker overlapped bits really help for me, adds just that bit more interest :)

Limit - Not the most exciting that's for sure, but cropped in the right places with the numbers in the corners, the needle is in a good spot, nice and sharp too, works fine mate (y)

Tough indeed, not really getting any inspiration from this 52 recently but will hang on it can only get better :grumpy:
can only agree not the most exciting image to be sure, heres a dancing banana to make up for it :banana:

Heat is great, lighting and composition are spot on, and the colour of the tea (?) is beautiful. There's a stray flare or something off the bottom of the handle I'd have been tempted to lose, but nice job all the same.

Figures is a love/hate kind of shot, and it's canvas material for me... Great stuff. I don't know how you did it, and it doesn't matter, it's art to me. (I am notoriously unsophisticated in my tastes though to be fair!)

Household works well too. You've taken something quite mundane, as household items are, and pulled an interesting and pleasing image out of it.Nice one!

It is indeed tea

thanks for the nice comments on "figures" it's deliberate camera shake, conversion to B+W and some other faffing

Thanks for the comments

RESHOOT WEEK 20 SCENIC

Tree by Allan Howe, on Flickr

probably taken a couple of weeks ago on film but only developed a few days ago, it's something i have noticed for a couple of years while waiting for the bus to work, only happens at a certain time of the morning when the sun is low in the sky
always find it quite fascinating the shadow of the tree on the brick

so a bit of a juxtaposition its got sky and tree in it must be scenic

Hi Allan ...it's difficult at the moment isn't it ...every topic seems a struggle ....but mustn't grumble ... and I wont give up :)

I actually thought Limit looked really good ...nice clear shot and it fits the theme.

That's an interesting re-shoot on film ...it looks quite surreal ...I like it :)

Impressive shot for FIGURES. I like that effect a lot.
HOUSEHOLD is an unnusual image. I think Hockney did that kind of stuff a while back but creating collages with printed photos.
SCENIC RESHOOT - so often we see things briefly but are without cameras. But, as you say, with this it was only a question of time before it was there in all its glory AND you had your gear. Works very well indeed!

Hi Allan Struggling too with limit shot, but even more with Household :(so behind as usual!
Will have to get my finger out this weekend, by which time there will be yet another shot to sort:eek:
On theme with your limit, hope what was "On the limit" didn't burn;)

Reshoot (my if I had the time to re shoot)........ That's a different approach Nice shadow and retains the texture of the brickwork!

Hi, Bizarre angle and bird.

Nice bright colours, fills the frame and sharp.

What's the strange lines on the bottom in the greens?

Cheers.

Hi Allan, well he's certainly bizarre - I'm finding it quite difficult to look at him, my brain is telling me the photo's the right way up, but my eyes know differently. Super shot, I love the colours and the detail :)

Hi, Bizarre angle and bird.

Nice bright colours, fills the frame and sharp.

What's the strange lines on the bottom in the greens?

Cheers.

The strange lines will be the mesh of the cage

Hi Allan, well he's certainly bizarre - I'm finding it quite difficult to look at him, my brain is telling me the photo's the right way up, but my eyes know differently. Super shot, I love the colours and the detail :)

Thanks

Its a Cassowary, native to Australia described as the most dangerous bird in the world, its quite large about 5 foot

I have never heard of those! Just went and had a look on google to see what they look like normally! Really strange looking!

Hi Allan

Really like the tree shadow on the wall scenic scenery thing ... very well done.

The bird: nice detail, incredible colour and kind of bizarre.

(y)

brilliant shot :clap: bizarre colours and weird angle :)

... heres a dancing banana to make up for it :banana:
Ha Haaaaa :D

Scenic Re-Shoot - Ooooo yes, now I REALLY like this one Allan, the texture of the sky and B&W Conversion really links the wall to it for me, and just love the urban scenic thinking - No crit from me :clap:

Bizarre - Oh My... now that is an odd looking bird, real odd stance too, great bold colours and detail, works for me (y)

Great colours and really fits the theme well, not only a bizarre bird but the angle of its head also worked well for the theme. Really nice sharp exposure, with great light which brings out the colour so well(y)

I have never heard of those! Just went and had a look on google to see what they look like normally! Really strange looking!

They are indeed very strange

Hi Allan

Really like the tree shadow on the wall scenic scenery thing ... very well done.

The bird: nice detail, incredible colour and kind of bizarre.

(y)

Thanks d00d

brilliant shot :clap: bizarre colours and weird angle :)

Thanks

Ha Haaaaa :D

Scenic Re-Shoot - Ooooo yes, now I REALLY like this one Allan, the texture of the sky and B&W Conversion really links the wall to it for me, and just love the urban scenic thinking - No crit from me :clap:

Bizarre - Oh My... now that is an odd looking bird, real odd stance too, great bold colours and detail, works for me (y)

Thanks DK, No B+W conversion it was shot on B+W film

Great colours and really fits the theme well, not only a bizarre bird but the angle of its head also worked well for the theme. Really nice sharp exposure, with great light which brings out the colour so well(y)

Thank you

Brilliant - love the vibrant colours and the posture.

Thanks

Lovely colours. Cassowary; definitely weird and bizarre.

Thanks

Bizarre: never mind the pose, the Cassowary on it's own is as bizarre as they come -- strange and aggressive bird.

Hi Allan, that's a cracking shot for broken, lovely & sharp and a good idea for the theme :clap: :clap:

Broken ... blimey that's subtle :clap: ... what you do well Allan.

Hi Allan. This is a beautiful image. Love the subtleness created by white petals against white background. Maybe get rid of the (harsh) stem and let the image ride on the white variation and the soft shadow created by the flower (?!?)

Limit - don't know why you're not happy with it, I think it's a good shot, well lit and perfectly composed/cropped!
Bizarre - Very! Fabulous colours, great detail and Dof.
Broken - lovely shot - flowers always make a good subject don't they? ;)

Back