Anitacv 52 in 2016

Anita, personal is a good image and I pass over that bridge when I go to Bakewell too.
wicked image for the Effort theme, far far more imaginative than I could muster up. Like the lighting and actions of each figure

Last edited:
Love that Anita great take on the theme love the 'supervisor standing there waving his arms about while the other make all the effort

Hi Anita, thanks for dropping into my thread a few days ago, and now I'm up to date I'm here for a first visit to yours. I've had a look through your whole thread and picked out a few favourites:

Old - I really like both the scene and the sepia toning, which combine to meet the theme perfectly.
Metal - good choice for the theme, and I'm a sucker for the colours and textures of rusty metal so this is a winner for me :)
Happy - the shapes, the colours and the actual subject means this needs no title. Well lit too; a very tasty image!
Danger - the sheer size and width of the rail beds and that super light seem to make the photographer look very small and vulnerable in the scene; definitely meets the theme.
Artificial - what a good idea - I wish I'd thought of that! (y) Great colours, light and focus make a really striking image. Good work!
Personal - well spotted and the composition and DOF are perfect to isolate the main subject.

I've enjoyed catching up with your thread and will be following in future!

Artificial - great choice for theme nice vibrant colours great picture
Personal - lucky pre-shoot I don't blame you for using it it has plenty of interest and good DoF
Effort - the guy in the middle is certainly struggling with the effort and I like the one giving directions great set up made me smile.

Love you effort shot!
Perfect for the theme. :D

Oh ... gawping at TP ... looks techno OAP style.

However ... great fun photo, good light reflection job.

Technology - think we all can become engrossed by our Tech, liking the glasses perfect

Technology - Really like this Love the lighting off the screen on the teddy bear clever idea

Oh yes, I like that Anita - particularly the light reflecting back on the bear and his spectacles. Very nicely composed and taken. :clap:

Technology - I too like the glasses and the light on the bear from the screen

I see your teddy bear is into photography, too. Good on him! :p Lovely shot. Like everyone said, the light on the bear from the screen is great! Reminds me of how I used to stay up all night staring at my screen in the dark. :p

HORIZONTAL (photographer) by anitacv.1, on Flickr

Walking around house looking for horizontal objects, shelves, blinds, cupboards etc.
Then thought what if it was the photographer was horizontal rather than the subject matter.....though I suppose the ceiling is horizontal too!

THat's a lovely image Anita - like the simplicity and the presence of other lines and angles helping to support the horizontal. Excellent. (It may be me but couldn't see the link from the main page - got here the hard way ... via your Profile page).

Really good Anita - I like that! I assumed that was some sort of wall light until I read your post, so it is actually an even more interesting image than I first thought. Well captured - some nice soft shadows in there and definitely on theme. Good job!

Anita, for me this is one of the best posts for horizontal. Like Susie said original and so well framed to make it work this way. The clean whiteness adds so much to this image, wish this was my entry

Interesting stuff. :) ... horizontals & verticals fitting the frame nicely, making the lower ceiling slope ... makes you look!

And to top it, an S shaped light fitting.

VAST by anitacv.1, on Flickr
Think i need to work on my landscapes.Oh well, the bonus is, it means another visit to the lovely Peak District.

Hi Anita.
Horizontal - That played with my mind a bit. On first view I thought you must have been laying on your side looking at a wall horizontally (I thought the loft hatch was a cupboard or something). (y)
Vast - Technically I think it's a competent shot, but for me, missing the colour that should be there.

A beautiful scene Anita. Obviously a lovely sunny day but could have done with a cloud or two just for added interest in the sky.

Vast - Technically I think it's a competent shot, but for me, missing the colour that should be there.

A beautiful scene Anita. Obviously a lovely sunny day but could have done with a cloud or two just for added interest in the sky.

Hi Anita ....not sure about the choice of b&w for this one ...but I really like the viewpoint, all those walls really give it a sense of scale.

Hi thanks for taking the time to comment. Thought I'd post a colour version so you could see both. it was a bright sunny day, not a cloud in the sky unfortunately (think maybe its only a photographer would say this:confused:) so sky was a bit boring. I was also trying out ND grad filter for the first time and it seemed to have a weird effect on the colour of the sky (a lot more practice needed). Wasn't very happy with the selection of photos I had when I got home but that means I have an excuse to go back again!:) but that is what this challenge is all about....getting out and taking pictures instead of leaving that expensive piece of kit gathering dust in the corner.
Again, thanks for stopping by.
Vast 2 by anitacv.1, on Flickr

I was also trying out ND grad filter for the first time and it seemed to have a weird effect on the colour of the sky (a lot more practice needed).
Good for you Anita - learning and experimentation are so absorbing and such fun. PS: Colour version is beautiful.

Back