weekly Bernd's 52 of 2016 - week 52: Celebrate added and done

With the broken sign, my brain reads that as "NSFW Agent" ;)
Works well for the theme, though maybe a little tightly cropped.

Young - Can't beat a bit of young white wine from Liverpool (oh, Wirra, not Wirral ;))
I quite like the moody lighting.

Agree about the lighting needs a little more, quite a hard subject to light well, well done for trying though

@LC2 the Wirral isn't part of Liverpool :whistle:

Super shot Bernd - excellent detail and vibrancy of colour and movement. Multi-Cultural too.

Hi, Culture, I'd like it a bt wider so the edges were not cropped of, but maybe this was the widest you could go.

This would really suit a long exposure to blur the people out.

Cheers.

Most certainly fits the theme Bernd, nice and vibrant too :)

Very fitting for the theme, as was mentioned wider might have been better, but works as it is anyway

Very good subject for the theme, great multi-cultural scene and I don't mind the cropping at the edges, I guess with a scene like that yo were always going to crop something and you didn't crop any people. That said I do wonder if being square on to the Wing Tai Supermarket would have been an option?

Super shot Bernd - excellent detail and vibrancy of colour and movement. Multi-Cultural too.
Thank you Carl!

Hi, Culture, I'd like it a bt wider so the edges were not cropped of, but maybe this was the widest you could go.
This would really suit a long exposure to blur the people out.
Cheers Andy. There's a long row of shops, I think it's impossible to get a shot where there's nothing cropped. Also, it's either market day, when you have stalls in the middle of the road, or cars are parked on both sides of the road. Cars are worse for photography...

I like your idea of a long exposure, I'll have to go back to try that out!

Most certainly fits the theme Bernd, nice and vibrant too :)
Thanks Mr. C!

Very fitting for the theme, as was mentioned wider might have been better, but works as it is anyway
Thank you Allan!

Well there goes my idea grrr ;)
Quite like Andy's idea of blurring out the pedestrians with a longer exposure (maybe just to a motion blur rather than to ghosts).
Cheers Tim! As they say, great minds think alike... :)

Very good subject for the theme, great multi-cultural scene and I don't mind the cropping at the edges, I guess with a scene like that yo were always going to crop something and you didn't crop any people. That said I do wonder if being square on to the Wing Tai Supermarket would have been an option?
Thank you Chris! I almost cropped the woman with the push chair on the right hand side...

There's certainly lots to look at Bernd and it fits the theme. It just feels a little lacking in impact to me...I wonder if there might have been another pov/angle to explore?
Thanks Emma! I see what you mean. I wanted to show the multiculturedness of the area, but that's maybe not the best way to achieve it. I have taken a few more photos in that street.

Yes, these are better Bernd, the closer aspect brings the viewer into the scene and makes it more engaging. All good but #1 for me (#2 would have been best but for the half pushchair).

I agree the first is a candidate for long exposure, probably not the kind of place you want to go to town using tripod & stuff but 0.5 sec hand held (?)

I like the other three ... last one's simple with good light & colour.

Hi Bernd

News - Great image for the theme plenty of detail in there.

Young - I would agree with others its a little to low key for me great idea for the theme though

Culture - I like all 4 of your images all very vibrant with lots going on in them and all fit the theme perfectly.

Hi Bernd, I'm so far behind with comments ...not sure where the time has gone!

I really like your newsagent photo...I like the full on image, and the same with your Culture shots, they are full of colour and interest and work perfectly for the theme.
I agree the wine is a bit low key, but I love the idea ....very original.

Thank you for all your comments!

Nice clean image and super detail Bernd. Like the sweep of the shelving leading the ye off to the left. Excellent for Arranged.

Thank you all for your comments.

@LC2 the café was packed and there were a few people using the free internet. I was all alone and very discrete in the books section, so no funny looks :cautious:

Great choice for the theme, can only agree with the above statements, very good indeed

I much prefer the closer shots for cultural - I like seeing the expressions on people's faces and the red of the woman's hat and scarf work well in the first.
The bookshelves is a great find with the curved lines leading you through. The conversion gives it a timeless feel...I could be in one of the 1960/70s libraries my mum worked in :)

Thank you for all your kind comments!

I didn't fancy getting odd looks taking a shot like this .. says a lot for your bravery Bernd. Another clean shot again and subtle take on the theme.

Very good indeed, simple but perfect annoying only because I didn't think of it

I did ponder a shot like that, but as Carl says, not 100% certain I would want to be seen taking pictures of a public toilet, so good on you for doing it.
I quite like the way you've included the stairs to the left to give it context.
As it's concrete and steel, is it a stadium of some kind?

Back