weekly Chris P My 2019 52’s Week 36 Soft

Liking the near above angle of the drink shot, great lens too.
Dirty is a cracking look to say say it again mate..lol
Thanks Dave, the 50-140 is one of my favourites. Great all round lens. Works great with the 1.4 TC as well. Must admit I spent most part of my the time at Silverstone just people watching in between the racing. Really fascinating. Shame it wasnt speed or fast as I got a few for those themes ! The Ferrari guy even had red trousers and red shoes ! Must of spent a fortune on Ferrari gear ! Lol

Two more great images there Chris!(y)

Drink: Indeed a shame that some 'race fans' go to such an historic venue/meeting to drink heavily and fall asleep! Still, it's a great candid capture.
Dirty: Wow! He really looks annoyed! What a great capture and a spot on fit for the theme, nicely done! I'm guessing he was even more annoyed when Hamilton won!!:giggle:

Last edited:
Dirty - was that just after Vettel forgot what to do with the left pedal? Well captured, it's a proper dirty look!

Definitely a dirty look what on earth were you saying for that.
Not sure about wide but I’m not a fan of motorsports so it’s pretty meaningless to me took me a while to see exactly what it was

Two more great images there Chris!(y)

Drink: Indeed a shame that some 'race fans' go to such an historic venue/meeting to drink heavily and fall asleep! Still, it's a great candid capture.
Dirty: Wow! He really looks annoyed! What a great capture and a spot on fit for the theme, nicely done! I'm guessing he was even more annoyed when Hamilton won!!:giggle:
Gareth, it was a great venue for togs for sure. It’s not cheap to get in so it was an awful waste to Drink and pass out ! The Ferrari fan was really miffed at us shooting Hamilton on !
Drink, Good point of view for the silly ones who drunk too much!
Dirty, What a look! Great timing to capture it on camera.
Thanks Michael !
Dirty - was that just after Vettel forgot what to do with the left pedal? Well captured, it's a proper dirty look!
Mark, it was just after Hamilton stormed away from Bottas ! He got more irritated as the race went on.
That's perfectly timed and well caught. He looks well annoyed.
Annoyed is an understatement Stan, he was right by the drunks as well, not a great day for him I’m afraid.
Definitely a dirty look what on earth were you saying for that.
Not sure about wide but I’m not a fan of motorsports so it’s pretty meaningless to me took me a while to see exactly what it was
Ahh, well it’s hard to get close up shots of the bodywork of the race cars as they think you are spying for the other teams. On the pit walk they don’t allow cameras normally just the regular team togs. The interesting part for me is the detailing around the body works. To get the shot I had to be cheeky and pretend to tie up my shoelace while taking the shot with my camera just popping out of the bag. I was waiting for a tap on my shoulder !

Wide - well done for getting that close with a camera and getting that shot, excellent detail. How many millions of euros went into developing that floor and bodywork...

Great details and a terrific angle!(y)
I have heard that the teams are very protective of the technology in their cars, so well done for being a bit cheeky and getting the shot!
It's not like the good old days - I have some old B&Ws from the early sixties, belonging to my Mum, of my grandfather meeting Jim Clark, and back then you could walk anywhere and meet the drivers and talk about the cars etc.
It's a different world today!

Great shot of the Mercedes there. Very lucky to be able to get that code and not be trampled on. I think I would clone out the red triangle on the top as I find that a little distracting. :)

Chris

Two good shots from Silverstone for Drink and Dirty weeks. On the first one, maybe a little bit more contrast is needed to make it stand out.
Great face on the Ferrari Fan. It was another good race for Lewis.

Pete

Hi Chris,

Just catching up on some of your images...

Fragile - The paint is the one for me. Nice composition and great colour & detail.
Full - Well seen. Good colour and a great fit for the theme.
Dirty - Now that is a cracker of a shot! Perfect timing on that one. How many times did you shout GO LEWIS before he turned around? :D
Wide - another good shot with loads of detail. Well done for getting a shot without anyone else in it.

Wide - well done for getting that close with a camera and getting that shot, excellent detail. How many millions of euros went into developing that floor and bodywork...
Mark, it must be an unbelievable amount just to justify 1/10th of a second. But it’s great to watch !
Great details and a terrific angle!(y)
I have heard that the teams are very protective of the technology in their cars, so well done for being a bit cheeky and getting the shot!
It's not like the good old days - I have some old B&Ws from the early sixties, belonging to my Mum, of my grandfather meeting Jim Clark, and back then you could walk anywhere and meet the drivers and talk about the cars etc.
It's a different world today!
Definitely Gareth, I know each team employ Togs to get as close a possible shots of each other’s cars. Just watch them congregate after a crash ! Just for close ups of what’s underneath ! It’s a fantastic sport for us to take shots of. Just a shame it’s only once a year !
Great shot of the Mercedes there. Very lucky to be able to get that code and not be trampled on. I think I would clone out the red triangle on the top as I find that a little distracting. :)
Never noticed the red triangle Rick. Just a quick one off shot I am afraid ! Watching the security watching me !
Cool shot for wide of LH F1 car, love the colours.
Thanks Dave, the pic doesn’t do the car justice the colours and finish are magic !
Chris

Two good shots from Silverstone for Drink and Dirty weeks. On the first one, maybe a little bit more contrast is needed to make it stand out.
Great face on the Ferrari Fan. It was another good race for Lewis.

Pete
Thanks Pete, it was a great few days. Can’t wait until next year.! I’ll have a re look at the contrast !
Hi Chris,

Just catching up on some of your images...

Fragile - The paint is the one for me. Nice composition and great colour & detail.
Full - Well seen. Good colour and a great fit for the theme.
Dirty - Now that is a cracker of a shot! Perfect timing on that one. How many times did you shout GO LEWIS before he turned around? :D
Wide - another good shot with loads of detail. Well done for getting a shot without anyone else in it.
Thanks Lee, very kind of you to take the time to look at a few of my pics and comment, most appreciated !

Once again thanks all for taking the generous time to view and comment. I have to catch up on mine ,

Week 29 Closed & Tech Colour Pop.

Last minute again for me I’m afraid ! We have this fantastic Hydrangea in our garden. The flower buds are all candy box colours of pink and greens. My shot doesn’t give it justice !
But tried this Colour Pop technique and think I quite like it. Something I need to work on though I think to get it better !

Closed Colour Pop #1 by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Week 30 Snappers Choice

One taken on my iPhone on the golf course. They have planted many areas of wild flowers and it looks fantastic. Came across this yellow flower last night and thought another potential for my trials and tribulations of colour pop !

Colour Pop #2 by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Another option ?

Colour Pop #3 by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

And another ?

Colour Pop ! by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Last edited:
I like those Chris, nice vibrant colours from them. Number 1 could have just done with having a little more space on the top. I like the colour variation in the 2nd.

Closed, great subject for the theme that, lots of tight flower buds. I'm not too sure on the colour pop on this one though.

Last edited:
The hydrangea I think works the best the others are a bit too bright for me if you toned down the yellow flower one colour wise I think it would work better

CLOSED - certainly closed buds, nice try with the color pop!
FREE - your color pop technique has certainly improved!! The first is a stunning shot!

Nice choices for colour pop[ping :)

Closed
Good variety of colours and pov.

The first colour pop looks the best to me, I think you could have crusted the blacks a bit too soften the background and toned down the yellow/orange of the petals a little. But at still pretty good.

Great set Chris!:clap:

Closed: I think this image works very well. The subtle, complimentary colours are really nice, and the colour pop suits the subject nicely - though you missed a few buds bottom left near the leaves!!;)

Snappers choice: All are really nice, punchy images that have certainly benefited from the colour pop technique.
My favourite is the first image, which I think is fantastic! The composition is excellent, and the details and contrasts in the B&W areas are great!
The bold, yellow works very well against that terrific moody sky! Cracking image with superb impact....just what 'colour-pop' was invented for!:)

The golf course flower suites the colour pop well, a good capture

Really like your colour pop shots Chris, some lovely colours!! And to be shot on the iPhone too, great job!!

All of your recent shots are really nice and a great working of the colour pop technique. For me the one that edges it is colour pop #3. really well done.

Hi Chris,
Closed, really nice subtle colours which you have popped.
Snapper chice, the yellow flower wins out for me. 2nd one is interesting, sorry but the 3rd one just looks wrong, appears to be over sharpened making it look plastic, but it is difficult to tell at that size.

Pete

I like those Chris, nice vibrant colours from them. Number 1 could have just done with having a little more space on the top. I like the colour variation in the 2nd.

Closed, great subject for the theme that, lots of tight flower buds. I'm not too sure on the colour pop on this one though.
Thanks Michael, tend to agree with your comments around having more space, but that would of meant me getting grief from the other players ! Had to be quick just before I had to tee off ! Colour pop is new for me so learning the technique, appreciate your thoughts
The hydrangea I think works the best the others are a bit too bright for me if you toned down the yellow flower one colour wise I think it would work better
Thanks Allan the yellow seems to be a marmite shot ! Love or hate
CLOSED - certainly closed buds, nice try with the color pop!
FREE - your color pop technique has certainly improved!! The first is a stunning shot!
Thanks Bob, must admit I do like the yellow flower scene
Nice choices for colour pop[ping :)
Thanks Bob !
Closed
Good variety of colours and pov.

The first colour pop looks the best to me, I think you could have crusted the blacks a bit too soften the background and toned down the yellow/orange of the petals a little. But at still pretty good.
Thanks Dominic, I intended the background to be dark and sultry. The yellow flower was saturated quite a lot. Might tone this down a touch ?
Great set Chris!:clap:

Closed: I think this image works very well. The subtle, complimentary colours are really nice, and the colour pop suits the subject nicely - though you missed a few buds bottom left near the leaves!!;)

Snappers choice: All are really nice, punchy images that have certainly benefited from the colour pop technique.
My favourite is the first image, which I think is fantastic! The composition is excellent, and the details and contrasts in the B&W areas are great!
The bold, yellow works very well against that terrific moody sky! Cracking image with superb impact....just what 'colour-pop' was invented for!:)
Thanks Gareth, might look into the colour pop a little more. I was really pleased with the yellow flower considering it was taken on my iPhone !
Love the golf course one but imo would be a cracker if you toned down the brightness.
Thanks Dave, seems a few of you think I should tone down the yellow ? Might look at this
The golf course flower suites the colour pop well, a good capture
Thanks Mark !
Really like your colour pop shots Chris, some lovely colours!! And to be shot on the iPhone too, great job!!
Thanks Daniel !
All of your recent shots are really nice and a great working of the colour pop technique. For me the one that edges it is colour pop #3. really well done.
Thanks Jim, think I may of just over processed it slightly though ?
Hi Chris,
Closed, really nice subtle colours which you have popped.
Snapper chice, the yellow flower wins out for me. 2nd one is interesting, sorry but the 3rd one just looks wrong, appears to be over sharpened making it look plastic, but it is difficult to tell at that size.

Pete
Thanks Pete, I did a lot of processing on no 3 must tone this down a touch !

Thanks all for your kind comments. Must admit I enjoyed this colour pop and have a few ideas for this

Hi Lee, I am quite pleased considering it was taken on my iPhone on the golf course. I am looking to invest in something like the Fuji x100f to keep at hand for these occasions when I am out and about. Thanks again Lee for your kind comments

Dear me, you only have to blink and your a week behind ! Now I an four weeks unbelievable. Really sorry for not commenting enough not like me. I am going to try and catch up this week.

However here’s my submission for week 31 Life

Macro Life, having a little play with my not very much used Fuji 80mm f2.8 Macro. I need to invest in some speed lights ! It’s really different from my Canon 100mm f2.8 macro. I am finding it really hard to manual adjust in small increments like the Canon so I can focus stack the images. It’s going to be a winter project I think.

Macro LIFE by Chris Pritchard, on Flickr

Hi Chris,

Plastic - Nice work for the technique. Pretty vibrant there.
Interior - Heh, oddly that sort of shot was one of my options at Dunster. Nicely executed :)
Life - Bug shot. No comment.
Free Week - Oooh, liking the first one. It has a dystopian feel to it.
Closed - They look like sweets in a box. I agree that the pp needs some work, but having had a play, really the only thing I would do is use levels to set the white point. That gives it a lot more pop.
Wide - Impressive to get that shot at a GP weekend. I likes it :)
Dirty - Haha, an excellent expression caught there. Nicely caught with the DoF too, given it must have been an instinct thing to grab the shot.
Drink - Fun and captures the theme. I thnk though I would have tried to get more crowd in, or some part of the track to give it more context. This 'could' be an evening in the park...

Interior
I think your something different works pretty well, it's different, but still works for the theme.

Plastic
It certainly pops.

Three great images Chris!:clap:

Life: Wow! Excellent insect macro! Great detail on the eye, and wonderful deep, rich colours.
Interior: I love this image - it's creative and it just works. Great use of reflections, and the mono process fits well.
Plastic: Smashing colour pop technique, which works very well with the subject.

Back