Clives 52 in 2020

I also prefer the wider image, great pictures :)

I prefer the first image, but I think you could have use a slightly shallower DoF to blur the busy back ground out.

Week 5 Snappers Choice

The first is looking across the Arun valley from Bury Hill near Arundel, West Sussex.
The second which I am a bit disappointed in as the sun is a bit blown, should have had a graduated filter on I think, this is taken at Climping Beach, between Bognor Regis and Littlehampton.
IMG_20200205_213017.jpg

IMG_20200205_212840.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure why you're disappointed with #2 Clive, I think it would be my choice of the two.
You have a whole range of tones from blown to dark, you have colour in the sky and you have some action with the wave crashing on the beach.

Prefer number #2 but like the triangle shapes in #1, a crop removing the horizon with the triangle areas is interesting (to me anyway) with it becoming further abstract by reducing the detail

Not sure why you're disappointed with #2 Clive, I think it would be my choice of the two.
You have a whole range of tones from blown to dark, you have colour in the sky and you have some action with the wave crashing on the beach.
Thanks Tim, maybe I am over criticising myself, I just felt the sun was a little too blown.

Prefer number #2 but like the triangle shapes in #1, a crop removing the horizon with the triangle areas is interesting (to me anyway) with it becoming further abstract by reducing the detail
Thanks Stuart.

Number 2 for me as well although I do like the pastoral countryside image.

#2 for me also, Clive lots of textures and a little movement as well, with the breaking waves.

#1 TBH I see nothing in it

Same as the others.. I prefer #2 - nice capture. The light on the foreground in the first image is very flat.

#2 for me too, as love the sun reflection.
Thank you Dave
Number 2 for me as well although I do like the pastoral countryside image.
Thank you Roger
#2 for me also, Clive lots of textures and a little movement as well, with the breaking waves.
Cheers Cobra
#1 TBH I see nothing in it
Same as the others.. I prefer #2 - nice capture. The light on the foreground in the first image is very flat.
Thank you Helen

I prefer the sea shot too but the burnt out sun bugged me, so I drove up to Bury Hill.
I am quite pleased that everyone prefers the sea shot.

#2 for me too Clive. I think the lighting is a bit too flat on #1 to lift out any part of the picture.

2nd shot for me by a mile, I like that. :)

I like the second image with its the golden glow and wave splash.

Some lovely images Clive. I really liked the last one. I was intending to go down to the sea today but in the end I couldn't be bothered. High tide was at a reasonable time of 3pm too so a missed opportunity for me.

All cracking shots Clive, this 70 odd mph breezy is a pain today. You caught it at it`s best so a good brave job done.
Thanks Dave, I did get wet feet today when one sneaky wave topped the wall while I was busy looking through the view finder.....for a while I was thinking there must be something Wild at home in the warm.

Some lovely images Clive. I really liked the last one. I was intending to go down to the sea today but in the end I couldn't be bothered. High tide was at a reasonable time of 3pm too so a missed opportunity for me.
Thank you Joan, high tide here at 11am here. Was hard to walk against the wind though.

Nice set of Storm Ciara photos. Like #2 the most for the wave and raging sea. The pier structure of #4 looks like it is going to fall over, a slight adjustment of the horizon should fix that.

We've been lucky here in NE Scotland and miss most of the Ciara drama. Been windy but sunny with blue sky and in between a few short showers. Nothing like the rest of the UK.

Nice set of Storm Ciara photos. Like #2 the most for the wave and raging sea. The pier structure of #4 looks like it is going to fall over, a slight adjustment of the horizon should fix that.

We've been lucky here in NE Scotland and miss most of the Ciara drama. Been windy but sunny with blue sky and in between a few short showers. Nothing like the rest of the UK.
Thanks Stan, it will take more than a slight horizontal tweak to make the pier safe. I will be surprised if it all survives tonight! It was twice as long when we moved here!

Reactions: rpn
Very dramatic set of images... more impressive seas on the south coast than the east. #1 for me tells the storm drama

All great shots for wild, I wish I had the chance to have got out to the seaside, but unfortunately there is no way I could get out today.

They certainly depict "Wild" Clive.
Each and every one of them.

Back