Clives 52 in 2020

You've brought out the colours in those lures beautifully. And they definitely look sharp!!
Thanks Shugpug, they are colourful.

Lovely colours on the plugs Clive and yes they certainly are sharp!
Cheers Cobra

I can attest to the fact that these are sharp #ouch
Thanks Simon

Heya Clive,
Sharp - Lovely vibrancy there, especially the blue.
Food - Nom nom nom. Good choice to leave the chips and sausage in the bag for the shot, I think it makes it over just having them on a plate.
Topical - Nice use of diagonals and a slight curve. I was wondering when we'd get a topic in this theme.
Thanks Tim
Nice looking fish and chips, well lit.
Hooks on the lures are nice and sharp, great colours, the background maybe better as a single colour.
Pete
Thanks Pete, I couldn't find a background I liked so the marble dining table was my choice, I did try a piece of black glass first but dud not like it.

Loving the look of the chippy tea.

Needs proper non-brewed condiment vinegar though.

Was amazed how hard that is to get hold of when I moved down south.
Thanks Kell, it's very hard to get decent vinegar, especially at the mother in laws!

Week 44 Digital Age

Not one of my favourite shots, but I am behind and playing catch up. I don't think this is the best angle for this shot of a digital communications mast.
I didn't notice the Bird on top until I edited this!

20201117_163307.jpg

Last edited:
2 of those have just appeared locally.
Less than 24 hours and the cabinets have been "Tagged" :D
Cracking seagull Clive (y)
:D

I rather like the seagull warning it's feet up on the mast! Especially as it's perfectly central it gives it a certain something extra.

I might have opened up the angle on the (wired!) telephone pole behind it though?

5G? Burn it !!! ;)
I wouldn't have realised that was a telecoms mast !
Thanks Tim

2 of those have just appeared locally.
Less than 24 hours and the cabinets have been "Tagged" :D
Cracking seagull Clive (y)
:D
Cheers Cobra, only spotted him at home.

I rather like the seagull warning it's feet up on the mast! Especially as it's perfectly central it gives it a certain something extra.

I might have opened up the angle on the (wired!) telephone pole behind it though?
Cheers Shugpug, I agree a slightly different angle would improve it. I was on a traffic island and took this in a rush between vehicles.

Week 45 Snappers Choice

A nice bit of sea on an Autumn day.

Week 46 Narrow

The narrow alley that leads to the sea at Felpham.

Up to date at last!

I see what you did there ;)

I like them both - I'm a sucker for photos of waves breaking, and narrow is certainly evocative.

Nicely narrow Clive Nicely caught up as well (y)

Choice and Narrow
Both good shots, the waves breaking over the rocks looks like a cold day.
That's a narrow looking alleyway.

Hi Clive,

Snappers - Shows the power of the water really well. I was pondering a tighter crop, but on reflection I don't think so.
Narrow - I think you need to be more central for this to work. The fence and wall being in different places messes with my ocd, as does the slightly different perspective on each side. I think it needs to be either symmetrical, or more pronounced.

Nicely caught up Clive. Love the colours on those sharp fish lures.
Those autumnal waves look good too. For narrow, I like the way the path disappears into the trees in the background.

Snappers choice - lovely looking scene, I love being by the sea on a blustery day.
Narrow - yes, it certainly is. I like the use of perspective lines from the walls and they are framed really well.

Spot on theme Clive (y)
And here's hoping for a more real adventure in the not too distant future.

Good take on the theme and nicely composed. I might be inclined to blur my driver number though, for personal security reasons.

Good idea for the theme. I still have a paper licence too.

Agree with Jim, it might be best to blur the various numbers.... I often manage to blur things without even trying :D

Not done a road trip for some years and must admit I miss it, the other half is not into them, Wasting hours getting to an airport, queing up in crowded conditions, buying over expensive take away type food, sitting on a plane for hours, and getting to a hotel is more her thing.

Good story to the photo, makes me want to plan one to the Dordogne area taking in the area which was part of my Dads war.

Pete

Spot on theme Clive (y)
And here's hoping for a more real adventure in the not too distant future.
Thank you Mr Cobra

Like that Clive, great subject matter for the theme, nicely composed too.
Thank you Michael

Sad times for travel Clive - here's to exploring as soon as we're able to!
Nicely composed and taken picture.
Thank you Shugpug

Good take on the theme and nicely composed. I might be inclined to blur my driver number though, for personal security reasons.
Cheers Flyphot, I hadn't even considered the number!

Good idea for the theme. I still have a paper licence too.
Agree with Jim, it might be best to blur the various numbers.... I often manage to blur things without even trying :D
Thank you Bebop...it is soft focus this month!

That's a really nicely done, story telling pic Clive.
Thank you Pete

Not done a road trip for some years and must admit I miss it, the other half is not into them, Wasting hours getting to an airport, queing up in crowded conditions, buying over expensive take away type food, sitting on a plane for hours, and getting to a hotel is more her thing.
Good story to the photo, makes me want to plan one to the Dordogne area taking in the area which was part of my Dads war.
Pete
Thanks Peter one of the best things about a road trip is the planning and research, finding new places to go and different things to see. I am currently working on a tour of England and the Scottish Borders as we still don't fancy airports.

Probably safe on here Clive, but I think I would have blurred the numbers too, especially if a wider audience is intended. Next year maybe :)
Thanks Tim, maybe the year after! A few trips in the UK planned instead for now.

Week 48 Camera and Technique Soft Focus

My old OM-D EM-10 with my Lensbaby Pro Composer with Double Glass optics. Focus on the yellow ring on the lens with the camera in soft (or out of) focus.

PSX_20201206_140710.jpg

That's a lovely old camera, nicely taken Clive, nice DoF too (y)

You were photo bombed, no doubt about it :D

Well captured Clive (y)

Nice Squiggle - looking innocent as they do :D

Good Camera shot and I am deeply jealous of the lens Clive.
The squirrel shot is great with the backdrop of leaves perfect for the theme.

Leaves
Nice inclusion of a squirrel. The grey contrasts well against the brown of the leaves.

Aww, such a cutie... until it eats your allium bulbs! Great shot..

Nice capture of a squirrel, and the leaves of course - love his muddy nose. I forget how chunky they are compared to our reds here.

Hi Clive

Camera - nice image of a camera and lens.
Leaves - nice to have more than leaves in the shot, those cheeky little pests try to nick all the bird food in our garden.

Pete

You were photo bombed, no doubt about it :D
Well captured Clive (y)
Thank you Chris

camera, nice olympus! Like the vibrant yellow here. Only thing for me is the branding visible on the strap in the bg. leaves, Love squirrel picture, the fallen leaves making a great bg.
Thank you Michael

Nice Squiggle - looking innocent as they do :D
Thanks Dave

Good Camera shot and I am deeply jealous of the lens Clive.
The squirrel shot is great with the backdrop of leaves perfect for the theme.
Thank you Roger, a lovely lens that I don't use enough!

Leaves Nice inclusion of a squirrel. The grey contrasts well against the brown of the leaves.
Thanks Dominic.

Aww, such a cutie... until it eats your allium bulbs! Great shot..
Thank you Helen, They eat bulbs and new plant shoots pesky things!

Nice capture of a squirrel, and the leaves of course - love his muddy nose. I forget how chunky they are compared to our reds here.
Thank you Bebop, I've not yet seen a red in the UK, a planned trip to Galloway and Dumfries should fix that!

Hi Clive
Camera - nice image of a camera and lens.
Leaves - nice to have more than leaves in the shot, those cheeky little pests try to nick all the bird food in our garden. Pete
Thank you Pete definitely pests.

Camera: Nicely done for theme.
Leaves: A lovely shot of the squirrel.
Thank you Pete

Back