weekly Clives 52 in 2021

Wish I had a beach Nearby that I could quickly walk to.
Love the textures you get with stone beaches.

A fab start Clive!

I do enjoy a good Bognor Beach walk to blow away the cobwebs! Many a time spent down in Felpham and Aldwick as a child, always brings back happy memories. Thank you :)

Not 100% sure what the subject is in this one Clive. If it's the waves crashing on the shore, I wonder if a lower POV might be better? Or if it was the coastal defence thingies perhaps getting closer?

Love the light though.

Nice seascape.I like the way the different elements pull you through the scene, from the wave line to the ranks of groynes right through to the background. Great start to your 52 for 2021/

Lovely colours in your seascape. I do feel it needs a bit more space on the left to show more of the incoming water/beach

Hi Clive ... good to see you again.

.. loving that FG frozen motion in the low light. (y)

Such beautiful colours. So jealous you live close to the seaside! Worth getting damp foot for ha ha

I does have a late afternoon feel to it lovely colours.

very jealous we usually go to the beach New Years day with the dogs but because of the virus couldn't do it this year
nice start to the year

That sea does look inviting I must admit

Love the waves, they look like they are solids.

I'm a five hour drive from the nearest beach so I'm rather envious!

I'm also searching for a subject I'm afraid. The groynes as a leading line or a low PoV of a beach subject etc might have made for a stronger picture?

I do miss living near the sea.
Nice shot!
Thank you Paul

Wish I had a beach Nearby that I could quickly walk to.
Love the textures you get with stone beaches.
Thank you Rob

A fab start Clive!
Thank you Dave

I do enjoy a good Bognor Beach walk to blow away the cobwebs! Many a time spent down in Felpham and Aldwick as a child, always brings back happy memories. Thank you :)
Thank you Tom

Not 100% sure what the subject is in this one Clive. If it's the waves crashing on the shore, I wonder if a lower POV might be better? Or if it was the coastal defence thingies perhaps getting closer?
Love the light though.
Thank you Tom I got a wet foot taking this! I agree about the lower POV, but a wet ass would have been a step to far.

Nice seascape.I like the way the different elements pull you through the scene, from the wave line to the ranks of groynes right through to the background. Great start to your 52 for 2021/
Thank you Jim

Lovely colours in your seascape. I do feel it needs a bit more space on the left to show more of the incoming water/beach
Thank you Helen

Was that shot late afternnoon Clive? I ask due to the warmth of the light on the pebbles.
I do agree with Harlequinn, perhaps a lower POV on the waves could have been stronger.
Thank you Tim, yes late afternoon, sun low and behind me, lower pov could have led to a wet bum or camera.

Hi Clive ... good to see you again.
.. loving that FG frozen motion in the low light. (y)
Thank you David

Such beautiful colours. So jealous you live close to the seaside! Worth getting damp foot for ha ha
Thank you Roxanne, it was cold and wet!

I does have a late afternoon feel to it lovely colours.
Thank you Minx

very jealous we usually go to the beach New Years day with the dogs but because of the virus couldn't do it this year
nice start to the year
Thank you Allan

A good start to another year, Clive.
A different format for landscape but it works well to emphasise the rolling of the wave. The low sun adds a warm feel to the image.
Thank you Stan

That sea does look inviting I must admit
Thank you Chris

Love the waves, they look like they are solids.
Thank you Martin

I'm a five hour drive from the nearest beach so I'm rather envious!
I'm also searching for a subject I'm afraid. The groynes as a leading line or a low PoV of a beach subject etc might have made for a stronger picture?
Thank you Shugpug, it was the waves I was aiming at, maybe trimming it across the top before the first ground might do it.

I can just hear the waves shushing through the pebbles! How I wish I lived close to the sea!
Thank you Stegosaurus

Like many others have said, I miss being by the sea. I actually prefer those sunny but cold days walking along wrapped up warm.
Which this perfectly captures.
Thank you Kell

Hey Clive, gotta love the afternoon sun on the beach. We are so lucky to live down here on the beach, it certainly makes lockdown & tier systems so much more bearable.

It's an odd composition - whether I look at the breakers or the waves my eye is drawn to the other. But whichever I do look at, the light is warm, the textures are vivid, there's a lot of life in the shot, it's like being there.

Love this one Clive, the detail on the beach, the lighting, the composition, all absolutely spot on.
Thank you Susie

Hey Clive, gotta love the afternoon sun on the beach. We are so lucky to live down here on the beach, it certainly makes lockdown & tier systems so much more bearable.
Thank you Heather, although it is getting busy so we are heading back to the fields.

It's an odd composition - whether I look at the breakers or the waves my eye is drawn to the other. But whichever I do look at, the light is warm, the textures are vivid, there's a lot of life in the shot, it's like being there.
Thank you Nick, I was taking pictures of the waves but felt it needed the breakers too.

Nice start Clive. Love the seaside light in winter.
Thank you Pete

Oh dear, not a flattering picture, if you know what I mean o_O;)

Nice close up Clive.
And as already been said, oooo errr Mrs ;)

The comments so far made me chuckle.
I'm not sure I've ever seen an apple quite so close up. Don't they all have pips then?
I agree the colour looks a bit yellow, but it looks juicy.

Back