weekly Cobra's epic fail for 2015, week 52 A Christmas shoe horn and done :)

Really different approach Chris, I like it. S6c in particular. The only thing I'd say is the flash being bound of the ceiling makes the top of your head sad out a bit (y)
Sad indeed Chris :D

But I do see what you mean, thanks for dropping by (y)

mmm well I love the first one, the cloth and candles kind of add to the atmosphere. His pose is just, umm, 'off' in the 2nd one. Only thing is it doesn't say relax to me, weirdly it says 'despair' :eek: I dunno, go figure as the yanks would say :p

mmm well I love the first one, the cloth and candles kind of add to the atmosphere. His pose is just, umm, 'off' in the 2nd one. Only thing is it doesn't say relax to me, weirdly it says 'despair' :eek: I dunno, go figure as the yanks would say :p
I appreciate the feedback Summer : thumbs:

I prefer number one as it is a more relaxed pose whereas the second picture appears more as if there is prayer going on. Shame the background it lit up a little as it does detract but then others have mentioned this so it's nothing new.

Hi there ...the second one looks more prayerful to me, but I love the pose and composition in the first one ...it looks very meditative and relaxing, I really like the idea for the theme....good choice :)
Thank Susie I'm glad that came across as that's what I was aiming for (y)

I prefer number one as it is a more relaxed pose whereas the second picture appears more as if there is prayer going on. Shame the background it lit up a little as it does detract but then others have mentioned this so it's nothing new.
Its seems that opinion is quite split on "which one"
( I have no favourite BTW) Thanks for dropping by Martin (y)

Relax! Not sure with a saw/Katana in hand but nice taken photos.
All "Good" Samurai meditate with their weapon in their hand :D
Thanks for commenting Stan (y)

Hi Phitt ...

watery ... plant growing in a glass with smoke is interesting.

bold ... chimp on the left is nicely focused.

relax ... don't know what to think ... original idea, and I know how people have their own ways of meditating ...

Hi Phitt ...
watery ... plant growing in a glass with smoke is interesting.
bold ... chimp on the left is nicely focused.
relax ... don't know what to think ... original idea, and I know how people have their own ways of meditating ...
Thanks for dropping by David (y)

Elegant - Both superbly sharp Chris. The first shows beautiful detail in the feathers although I always feel these are let down by all the tethers but there’s nothing you can do about that without the bird flying away. The close up again shows some fine detail and the DoF works fine. I’d have liked the background to have been lighter but that’s me being picky.

Watery - A nice idea using a tryptic to show off the three states of the drink. The inclusion of a reflection helps lift the subject form the background

Bold - I love the two fingered gesture on the left hand side one. A pity about the foreground grasses but that didn’t detract from bringing a smile to my face.

Relax - #1 works better for me. It does appear dark in places and I wonder whether a gritty mono approach would make a good image although that my suggest less of the theme than the current version.

Elegant - Both superbly sharp Chris. The first shows beautiful detail in the feathers although I always feel these are let down by all the tethers but there’s nothing you can do about that without the bird flying away. The close up again shows some fine detail and the DoF works fine. I’d have liked the background to have been lighter but that’s me being picky.
She's only part trained Peter, so yeah she would have buggered off, I'll get the opportunity to get more and find a way to "slide them in" once she's free flying, although she will always be wearing thin jesse's (the leather straps) and a transmitter.

Watery - A nice idea using a tryptic to show off the three states of the drink. The inclusion of a reflection helps lift the subject form the background
Thanks, I was quite pleased with the way they turned out in the end, after a few tweaks.

Bold - I love the two fingered gesture on the left hand side one. A pity about the foreground grasses but that didn’t detract from bringing a smile to my face.
Glad the Chimps amused you, Peter, no respect those creatures none at all :D

Relax - #1 works better for me. It does appear dark in places and I wonder whether a gritty mono approach would make a good image although that my suggest less of the theme than the current version.
I did wonder about the mono too, I tried it but failed to get the effect that I was after, people really are not my thing at all!
I appreciate your kind comments and feed back, Peter. (y)

Hiya,

A couple of really nice shots for the theme. Like Jill I was expecting to see a shot of an animal as I know they're more your thing, but you've done a grand job :clap:

Really like the image taken from the side Chris.
Especially the edited version.

i had expected to see some wild cat perched on a tree. .
So did just about everyone else going on the comments, perhaps I should have done,
after all, it would have been so much easier :D

Thanks for dropping by Darren (y)

I've been pondering on this one. I quite like then from the side but can't help but wonder what it would look like if it was lit from in front of you and pointed directly at you rather than bounced. I've done a rough and dirty edit to show my thoughts, would be interested to know what you think. (hope you don't mind). I'm happy to delete if you want(although you have the power anyway :)
View attachment 31705

I've been pondering on this one. I quite like then from the side but can't help but wonder what it would look like if it was lit from in front of you and pointed directly at you rather than bounced. I've done a rough and dirty edit to show my thoughts, would be interested to know what you think. (hope you don't mind). I'm happy to delete if you want(although you have the power anyway :)
Actually I do like that, it works well, thanks for taking the time Chris (y)

I love the way you've set these shots up, the subtle lighting is superb and really adds to the meditative atmosphere. Also, well done on surprising everyone and doing the unexpected :clap:

I love the way you've set these shots up, the subtle lighting is superb and really adds to the meditative atmosphere. Also, well done on surprising everyone and doing the unexpected :clap:
Thanks Elaine, I appriciate your kind words and yes I even surprise myself at times too :D

Hey Chris :)

Bit of a catch up from me...

Watery - Oooo loads of edits, a cracking idea and of them all I like your final edit, the one with smoke in is excellent, good triptych :)

Bold - Now I should have guessed this would come from you... did you catch him at lunch time or was it at the end of a looooong day... or is this another that knows you just too well :D

Relax - Now again the final edit is great, the missing plant sure helps the shot for me, great black background, love the symmetry of the candles and the pure scene of contemplation - super idea (y)

Hey Chris :)

Bit of a catch up from me...

Watery - Oooo loads of edits, a cracking idea and of them all I like your final edit, the one with smoke in is excellent, good triptych :)

Bold - Now I should have guessed this would come from you... did you catch him at lunch time or was it at the end of a looooong day... or is this another that knows you just too well :D

Relax - Now again the final edit is great, the missing plant sure helps the shot for me, great black background, love the symmetry of the candles and the pure scene of contemplation - super idea (y)
The Chimps everyone is a critic these days even the damned animals :D

Glad you liked them.
Thanks for dropping by Dean (y)

Well this one nearly beat me I must admit!
But a mad flash of inspiration on the way home, and I remembered this place.
Its the Peace Pagoda at Willen, although this wasn't built by the Monks, its in the same grounds,
our very own Stone henge or is that medicine wheel?
Yes I know I wasn't central BUGGER!

View attachment 31993

And for those of you disappointed that there were no animals last week, I give you the
North face of the (T)Eiger :D

View attachment 31994

And a little bit of VTOL (Archive)

View attachment 31995

Fits the theme and you've realised already your not central:p Works well in b&w. Like the graininess emphasises the stonework.

Fits the theme and you've realised already your not central:p Works well in b&w. Like the graininess emphasises the stonework.
It was actually kinda deliberate ( :whistle: ) Mandy, had I been straight on I would have "lost" the far left stone.
Thanks for dropping by Mandy (y)

Photographically the tiger wins this but for theme its got to be the stones. As you say they're not central and Id like to see a bit more space around them. Good idea for b&w which works well.

The tiger is really good, my favourite animal. Nice dof and composition. Not got a bad word to say about it.

With the bird thingy that fits the theme better than the tiger IMHO. Nice dof giving some detail in the bank but not all of it. Good timing to. With Harrier's (jets not birds) its VSTOL - Vertical Short Take Off Landing ;)

Hi, plenty of verticals in the first one to satisfy the most vertically obsessed (y) works fine for me

Photographically the tiger wins this but for theme its got to be the stones. As you say they're not central and Id like to see a bit more space around them. Good idea for b&w which works well.
Its actually a close up of the centre part, Mike, its a lot wider than that, well circular actually, hence the "wheel"

With the bird thingy that fits the theme better than the tiger IMHO.
The North face of T' Eiger is pretty vertical I thought :D
With Harrier's (jets not birds) its VSTOL - Vertical Short Take Off Landing ;)
Everyday's a school day here at TP :)
Thanks for dropping by Mike (y)

Hi, plenty of verticals in the first one to satisfy the most vertically obsessed (y) works fine for me
Cheers Allan (y)

Chris at least give us the CHANCE to tell you you weren't central.
You're taking all the fun out of it :LOL:
I do like the stones, and they work well in BW.
Alllllways love seeing your cat shots :)
Love the archive shot to btw....geeky looking bird!

Chris at least give us the CHANCE to tell you you weren't central.
You're taking all the fun out of it :LOL:
But as above it was "planned" ( :whistle: ) else I would have blocked the far left stone :D

Thanks Ruth (y)

wow sharp shooting on the tiger, vertical teeth an all.

but vertical stones are most interesting ... perfect POV, not blocking the far left stone. ;)

perfect POV, not blocking the far left stone.
Its the planning that takes the time with these things isn't it? :D

wow sharp shooting on the tiger, vertical teeth an all. but vertical stones are most interesting

Thanks for dropping by David (y)

It was actually kinda deliberate ( :whistle: ) Mandy, had I been straight on I would have "lost" the far left stone.
Thanks for dropping by Mandy (y)

In other words the non-druids who built it didn't use a ruler :p

I really like it though, perfik for vertical :)

In other words the non-druids who built it didn't use a ruler :p

I really like it though, perfik for vertical :)
Thanks Summer (y)

Actually it's a Native American Indian thing, from the web..
Roy Littlesun, the adopted son of a Native American elder Titus Quomayumptewa, designed and initiated the Wheel.

So maybe, they used a "spirit" level instead ;)

oh my, that was really really bad mister snake :eek:

Back