weekly Crazylady's 2015 52 challenge Crowd and Close Up added

Many thanks to all those who have taken the time to comment, it means a lot
;)

So now we have vertical

I shot 2 images for this - mainly becuase I felt the first one fitted the theme a tad better but I preferred the composition of the 2nd......

1st
10397-1425336153-aff3f1184ad742266d809998646243c0.jpg

2nd
10396-1425336152-37391727cbcf9dde43a827eded40bfe1.jpg

Hi Hazel ... yep that's Vertical ... think I prefer the first, looking up into the clouds like that.

Totally agree with David. #1 adds more context. It looks tall and dangerous and very vertical. #2 loses that sense of scale.

It's always worth posting a couple of images to hear other opinions. You might not change your mind, but it's nearly always helpful.

Hi Hazel ... yep that's Vertical ... think I prefer the first, looking up into the clouds like that.

Thanks David
I like the 2nd because for me it is about the shadows, texture and lines but agree the 1st is more on theme

And thanks Ian.
I agree and think we all learn from the comments made as we go along
:)

First one for me too.
The details fantastic.

I, too would go for 1 for vertical that suits the theme more. Would like to see a bit more contrast and saturation of the sky though.

Thanks Stan. Yes I have to agree that more contrast and a darker sky would improve things!
;)

Hi Ruth [emoji5]️
Bold: really great idea! I thought it was a blob of red paint at first and was wondering how it got it so perfectly round!

Vertical: theme-wise, I guess the first one works more immediately- but there's something quite mesmerising about the second one on a big screen!

1st one for me too Hazel, I like the way it leads you up to the sky (y)

Super take on theme and another vote for #1 the wide shot gives a better feel of the vertical stack

And so on to crowd - this was one of the funfair stalls at Adventure Island, the teenager running the stall looked at me like I was totally bonkers for taking this!

10954-1427648889-5a5e9c10c68a8cb4f093e2bfa816b60e.jpg

Interesting take on crowd Hazel, its different, and I like it (y)

Hehe, that just shouted funfair to me before I read the description.
I bet the lighting conditions weren't great, as that must be at the back of a stall.

Thanks Tim.
Yes the lighting was very dark at the back, dont think the shelves were straight either which didnt really help!

Crowd - What a great take on the theme. I like how you’e gone for the straight on view rather than anything arty. In this case I feel it makes it stronger because of it

Close Up - Another great idea. Focus is spot on and I know these models are pretty small. I like the fact you’ve used the curve of the leaf and the veins on it to make it look like the subject is about to go over a waterfall

Crowd - What a great take on the theme. I like how you’e gone for the straight on view rather than anything arty. In this case I feel it makes it stronger because of it

Close Up - Another great idea. Focus is spot on and I know these models are pretty small. I like the fact you’ve used the curve of the leaf and the veins on it to make it look like the subject is about to go over a waterfall

Thanks Peter.
I felt the best approach with the crowd image was to take it straight on as that strengthened the patterns
Yes the model is quite small, think it is oo size!

Crown & Close Up.....Both great takes on the themes, and both raised a smile!

Crown & Close Up.....Both great takes on the themes, and both raised a smile!

Thanks Ruth, I like to have humour in my photography and if other people get the humour then that makes it all worthwhile!

A couple of interesting and different interptetations Hazel ... both well done. (y)

Hi Hazel,

Vertical - First of the two for me, the angle of the shot makes it very fitting for the theme.
Crowd - Great idea, and well composed.
Close UP - I like this shot a lot, nice tone to the picture and good use of the prop.

Hi Hazel,

Vertical - First of the two for me, the angle of the shot makes it very fitting for the theme.
Crowd - Great idea, and well composed.
Close UP - I like this shot a lot, nice tone to the picture and good use of the prop.

Many thanks for your comments Paul

Back