weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

One from the horn section? Actually I found the photo quite poignant, especially the notice in the case. The second one is very good too
Thanks Chris ... I put 50p in the violin case after taking the photos, then saw some one else doing the same. Laws regarding busking in London have recently changed ... I'm thinking maybe he could claim he wasn't busking but ...

That's the spirit... if you can't beat em, give up :LOL:
well when you take pics of something similar to others but you know it's not half as good it makes you want to delete them and go out and do something you enjoy.
Now that is a good shoehorn... I like your second one with all the reflections and some good characters (y)
Yes I was quite lucky with the characters and to catch the rear of a red bus in the BG too.

I agree with @sirch the note in the case is what intrigues me, sitting on the floor to play the sax seems a little odd too.
The woman's face on the second one :shifty:, she doesn't look impressed
Thanks yes the woman ... in a world of her own I think and further away from the sax player than in looks in the photo, possibly not aware of him.

Great shoe horns David :p

I like both of them but No 2 stands out for me
Thanks Mark

Undecided - both are extremely well seen and taken David. The first asks several questions- the notice itself of course but also the pen lying there suggests the notice is fresh - wonder what title reflected his mood, Reflexions perhaps. For me, the second is visual commentary on busy lives making people blind to humanity. Good thought provoking stuff.
Thanks Carl ... I remember he was writing in a little notebook, adding up figures? before starting to play. I know you like "Good thought provoking stuff"(y)
I still have it, and still play it sometimes too (y)
ELP? I know nothing about ... except I read recently whilst googling Jerusalem (and did those feet) wanting to understand the true meaning of the song, that ELP released it as a single back in the day and it got banned by the beeb!!!

Last edited:
except I read recently whilst googling Jerusalem (and did those feet) wanting to understand the true meaning of the song, that ELP released it as a single back in the day and it got banned by the beeb!!!
You rarely hear any of ELP's stuff on the Beeb TBH
But they were / are quite happy to play Greg Lake's "Do you believe in Father Christmas?"

Both photos are well taken, but I prefer the second one which is almost perfectly symmetric. And more colourful.

Everyone is at it now, this shoehorn business. No idea who Charlie Parker was until now. Learning every day.
(y)
#2 for me....and you beat me to the shoehorn....maybe :)

Cheers.
(y)
Both photos are well taken, but I prefer the second one which is almost perfectly symmetric. And more colourful.
Thanks guys #2 is more fun isn't it! but I posted #1 as main pic cos it's less shoehorny . :D

I agree with Carl that the first asks a lot of questions but I love the way that the reflections work in the second. Shoehorn away with shots like these :)
Shoehorn away ... I'll do my best. :)

Love that second one d00d, those reflections are perfect, the first one is more poignant, but then you never know if these things are true or not, anyway, I would have given him 50p too, hubby is always telling me off for feeling sorry for everyone !
Thanks susie .... 50p ... I wouldn't normally but after taking a dozen snaps ...

Last edited:
I saw a pic recently of a building reflected in one of these modern glass buildings and it looked cracked! And that was my plan for week 43. But for now you've got this and I'll maybe post a reshoot later in the year.

Week 43 Cracked
c_3t-HqgK8fI3MSHohScwQATT_ifngrGxmvhqr8ZQ1tMUZlcGNo1RncdkSrHcPTM2IY8L44Oa_ghlJiRVFGE7QtGqYPIM2AP06DqdgWGLmYHK3yu581Ilhwb81NLQ1Sa2Ufuc3FrpyK2R2xBdWCDFELu0t4Ft9YVt-IYHPGb4xNANH44WKULZpAz_mSlECBT0nvbTNIJxZR3K-KookDunRof15dcExXJmAQO8thJbNMfxLMqnNyzsWWwvJteK6AS0qnj2HaSC5l0V7yCHec1Rzt2im9WtWpW7G_kowxx-NtPNgQ5QIGipG9Jj_ubowicQct8g2jLQpqouIgxl4vk86uvo1OsbYB1-Okn7ftQFROogsA2G5XoKxzJgjbWgda_HkjCz_QN-6WKEwDJ9MIOG0ZY-R67MuYtznTjlQIpIQfFxts1kZd8Can66yUE4SZzedu84FG8l0yMQYtBTa4KiyjAsC__Xw2zXqBnzNn-zeH0JrsBJRwRGlFVL-oqpQhWv0Eag0YQRms4J8GysKvxPCczAkwKx_hBcv_gbNnxn3r-X6bTcFQzBnfbRQfcblSwiqeUFGa8HdM1JShFcgvGOxp994fNB1orVZEACL6FSjFwcOoY=w1920-h819-no

Fair enough about the re-shoot David but I like this anyway. How did you manage to get that contiguous crack running through all three? Like the green brown combination of colours. Smart.

I like that David very clever take on the theme.

As Carl says the crack lining through on the crackers is really good and adds something extra to the image.

The green BG is just right not too bright and the lighting is great giving just a hint of a shadow from the cracker.

I like this....and I hope you "destroyed" the evidence. ;)

Great idea with the cracked crackers, and well photographed.

Fair enough about the re-shoot David but I like this anyway.
I'll certainly be on the lookout for a Cracked reflection.
How did you manage to get that contiguous crack running through all three? Like the green brown combination of colours. Smart.
Magic!
I like that David very clever take on the theme.

As Carl says the crack lining through on the crackers is really good and adds something extra to the image.

The green BG is just right not too bright and the lighting is great giving just a hint of a shadow from the cracker.
Thanks Mark ... it's amazing what emerges once you start breaking biscuits. And now I'm thinking of expanding on the idea. :)
I like this....and I hope you "destroyed" the evidence. ;)
2 or 3 got demolished before they hit the drawing board. ;)
Great idea with the cracked crackers, and well photographed.
cracked crackers ... Oh yes I hadn't spotted that. (y) ... Cheddars to be precise.
Always good to do one you can eat ...nice idea d00d, it works well against the green.
For sure .... but do you think half a packet of Cheddars is excessive!

Really well done, the line of the crack across the crackers is brilliant, well thought out

Cracked crackers Eh?
Nice colour background, nice vein running through all three, all in all you cracked it David (y)

Like the idea, like the continous crack line too.

Not sure about green as a background, but - the green surface is textured I think ? - which makes it look noisy at first glance (I think)

As above really, nice and simple but demonstrating good cracker cracking and rotating skills ;). The green works for me.

Yes, nice and simple, the green BG works really well for me.

Cheers.
(y)
Really well done, the line of the crack across the crackers is brilliant, well thought out
(y)
Less is more. Works really well and the plain colours accentuate the simplicity of the shot.
Good work with the crack too.
(y)
Cracked crackers Eh?
Nice colour background, nice vein running through all three, all in all you cracked it David (y)
(y)
Like the idea, like the continous crack line too.

Not sure about green as a background, but - the green surface is textured I think ? - which makes it look noisy at first glance (I think)
(y) ... a plastic chopping board.
As above really, nice and simple but demonstrating good cracker cracking and rotating skills ;). The green works for me.
(y)
Love that David, the background colour and texture add loads to the image for, as not only is there great detail in the cleverly lined up Ritz Crackers, but the 'crumb free' background has been considered perfectly too - Cool image :clap:
Cool (y)

I liked the cracked Cheddars but sorry it'll be me, why is this man spooky?:thinking:

Very well taken David - good use of DoF and excellent WB. A bit of an abstract ... are religion, whistle and slightly unusual undershirt clues? A performer of some form? :help:

Last edited:
I liked the cracked Cheddars but sorry it'll be me, why is this man spooky?:thinking:

I found him spooky, I think he'd just come out of the church, maybe he'd seen a ghost, maybe he is a ghost.

Certainly behaving strangely ...

YMh7uKLWU1UYWSKMMpQQP8OCCSa2HroVGahsaPMq4F5WQHM0wje3AeMwIrLyMrdoEgq475kB5RX3rdUGQvVQsndne8V6IEusp3QN7Ve_AIb4fMYScA1n68SVUft-GgE_3NMlGbbMfW4GkUecNJNdeoeLgR89Vd7SAIqzaJYfctZneGMqLS0y3bxMZpbjbCL5-9XwwVadIXbArNTzlDoovtvvtA0C28s_ux2GpN-UoNlrHJ5b4bBNXF-VldmZnJXIjVa9pVSaO654vGUrHPBJsRBJckWmS9pM2VoLyxt__spzH-pophC-bGdXL-fLY78xmHhdOHH5GF6OuxJ_R6OYprmELp81wY3Gbhg-z0zq8hdsUKrheC3RClWwEMkRtJ6giCn-AAih3JjOl-g-PNbhip3XjpVWSw7uk7J1a8qriVxUiNf65N_uNNYgw0SpvVHRdlH8uqDeuH-c1GbICwqSnMqQb2vbMmRuEBW4hEvQm9E6Qcw9OI47640K43045N3pdw8IQy3N_CWtqm4ElTMfk_Mah4GRPBwA8-_Ff2rEs2dxDoheh5msF_ucCMEsrSej-JYG4VXPd1VU6up8TDGIzFyyi4kxfAlgRwPZR03AYAemFk42=w1577-h917-no

Very well taken David - good use of DoF and excellent WB. A bit of an abstract ... are religion, whistle and slightly unusual undershirt clues? A performer of some form? :help:
Well he proceeded to strip down to his underwear and wrap himself in cling-film. Spooky.

Last edited:
Well he processed to strip down to his underwear and wrap himself in cling-film. Spooky.
Ooo Er - definitely Spooky. (I think I prefer the second one David - the lighting and facial details are better).

More scary than spooky from what you say but works with the explanation, you are a strange lot down south :exit:

Well he processed to strip down to his underwear and wrap himself in cling-film. Spooky.
And "They" say I'm mad :D
Perhaps he was making a film, did he shout "its a wrap" ? :D
Nicely spotted David even if it a bit of a shoe horn.

you are a strange lot down south :exit:
:D

It had me wondering, good photo but I guess you had to be there to get spooked, my first thought was that he was going to be leading some kind of ghost walk

He's more daring than spooky, er what did he do when he stripped down to his underwear? Its a need to know question, he's not bad looking.:)

Back