weekly d00d's 52 in 2016 ... week 52 celebration

I like the composition of #1 and the light of #2.

I read somewhere that in photography odd numbers work better...can't recall where and why though.

Cheers.
Odd numbers ... probably something in that ... I would have used 5 pairs had I had them :D They say 3's a magic number but sometimes ... the more the merrier.

Great idea with the pins but I like the darker, I always go darker.
Thanks ... I wouldn't normally do that but I found I'd interesting results in broad daylight cranking down the EV.

Great idea for Pairs David I think the lighter one is my favourite
Thanks Mark ... (y)

Holiday Snaps time

Week Whatever Game reshoot
R_FUdHGJedkO9_2fQFbEDCFESjPwwNL_gOTmm9nf0yg264c1Y3h47DrzI35DBa0HCpkOrZBtBypx-Net1Ss3XRg2p9SfwOI2SVj2J1GxMsZ1yiiELJbJagm4ZZpf9w_4bwc8tXFK-ZcCAHg1lvCPvSH4CYO7srBTYgmSFG3uWPE9MPvsdMWhTxamxU2yvOqhN6plKG_JnjJ8-ENzOc3hv0eMxPehpH0oUCf8ahx7AfalegZoqBi1GHmCfmqGj9iLfX-tKqT6tlYwD8CnLbvJH5DB05MDyWk801IdOQJs1azGEUpEFNNQp1Gwtd9IN-QhBFlBkl3_iIWEdNJdRCOaJr4byuEfirG8y6ihf4NdIaZ-FdOE97qi6VF8xzX8ss3vA0FZJWD7QlHC08wrWRsEh5xb0_tRVvGysmvNjb99OokwMttK5WrUEydD4NV3t5cx3EUmrcKdNgv64RPzNZ7fg0ECml6F0Ypxb3YUP9Hr7SPnjPe6mql2BnZv3QKfyGT2ohaersvRdFK8v0SlJXtsMH1_DI_Av0JZS784PM6nFrdLz0ZrE5KvHWOoeIYepa1-neDWu3Rvcl8wAyMJRNnraBPwyZDcqEJpdZkNLq0A66FSmZXS=w1731-h917-no

Week 39 BIG Day for someone getting christened in Portuguese provincial town.
S3iR7fWuxg6CqtsH7LdQVwUrdRZls9WcL5iWn9zfiKMGVO-S36b4FfSpYTlcjuPjCCAKq--ITOJEAfk6IOCwMO0HDim8BSm4eNySUmyLEk9_xtbPFhS7mybEs9i4xnQu7lQqLjVh7_Qeyq-Wg7MRCH9oyQRUtcCAVqVfcZHcMUkWjZQk9Fc8kIn1XZGHAQ6QOWzHBp-4LA4ORqwpFzyjt-7GLh8mcOnYnNhPW4ZANzJjXlbe2mZWc0eytXvmdBGcR50_ym-Flj9H-9KGWet4XYoMDG9LJwcv5qm8Zb0qgMzBr144yLRWrvmFAKvyHNmHPPTPaudsdnxdcidV9gROCz3kh3bfma_BTN5pmYeA2yAB74WoHDGvMigVrUpBNl9xTWYWVDxUOToSvb32cDaWQFD5BOi8OqT0-0adktp_P8EL1asGl36ELbNQEzsHlbtFstxE5zW0aynKkk1fl7mia7K_Q_XStNSKxh-Eq2O8qOXuWs47bOKXD-sN1Q7TuKgqz8c7gn-oNUEzTv3IwyqfOohrd6pHqbrcC3jeXHQrPGZbE1Fxn7Y4WdJiOm9zzYE3PdMvDFqNTnG2iXAaJVqp1dLRIeZqA1FpFb2DWx2_KbJ1YwZj=w1326-h917-no

Week 40 After
5hT7GycWv2bDJDbZnCOqaewySQk811lO7YPbDMa0c3Zp9nF_ucoUZFpOfNHKgt9u1JnN0Qg-6Opt_tEN0mj1jgDRZiDCjSiDh9pRcfpQRgMqJWJ91Y7QcKlS_0OVZ9VsyuOw_0xf_g7tVgi2NVfZE_55AB-aIg8TKsHT9hljDwb-d2VGJ5EtI-Cv9xmAS7XvLi9BY3CHr3tZWWW6SRhjpgMwUyQ1RkVbdtpijVozellQQks3bPMlY3gITP85xzWYXkguiXBC_RpVPycHs-xCySXtn4npZZ_CvtrbcC2IsG7_Buj-lLXMdow_FCXTHEvZ0HCF6cIwKnumys7BIkghXLR7TTk-DP-BNv_g6mP1fWyToJmO_L9ivAqeXfzfwJBPbpPrU4Y9RD8yKyxIPyElZnYSPKFpmHHBoVg-V7tmNSmwUopX68DCgnFUFaJuLUzo2N4wS9mNor1jumaUN-58V0fM0anN2kQBASTKL6gz6MKOVoQsJAzxB7xtE_PkqliENwvMaenAoOTkcnjp3TNeQj3VnLKzt_zq93uKqvSjbW-lFFUbWFPwTPoPiSIioAlD6amjFpox67R02y8o7S4NLNfsbHfJIjGzjZyR6cDXTAAYxy5j=w1308-h917-no

Good catch up David :)
Nice light out in them thar European colonies too :)

Very well done for catching up.

Game; quite a busy shot my eyes just keep wondering round looking for something interesting but as you said it's a holiday snap but on theme.

Big; a modern design compares to norm and the low view point exaggerates the size too.

After; good idea and I've to Google what Super Bock is.

Nice catch up David

Re Shoot Game - I like that no idea what they are playing but I like the expressions on the players faces.

Big - The inclusion of the crowd really adds to the sense of the church being big some nice tone in there.

After - Great take on the theme, I wonder if it needs some cropping off the right to make it more of a square and take some of the lighter area out I find it draws your eye slightly.

Welcome back David. Nice catch-up.

I find game a bit busy, I think focus on the people at the table on the right and a shallower DoF would work better.
I like your shot for big, it's not only a big day but also a big church, towering over the crowd. Nice colours too.
After is a great idea that cries out for a square crop :) Does super bock come in 0.5 litre bottles?

Interesting comments ... thanks all.

I thought the big aperture in Game would add interest ... but not to everyone's taste, it seems. I did crop to zoom keeping it nice and tight.

Re the church ... adjusting Levels in post did the trick.

Re After ... I spent a lot of time on this one, the Super Bock gets the creative juices flowing, originally going for just the pistachio shells and bottle tops, then decided to include the plate, then thought I'd make the most of that wood BG colour/texture, finally going with on-camera HDR. Square crop? Maybe! I remember Super Bock in refundable Litre bottles, this year the Mini 0.25 litre bottles are popular, don't know about 0.5 litre bottles tho. Just googled and yes there's one called Super Bock XL

European colonies ... we're currently waving goodbye to them aren't we!

Hi David - brilliant catch-up. I don't find Game at all busy, indeed it is the several points of interest that results which makes it - great to see all those expressions. Love that church in Big and especially those stained glass windows- well chosen POV. Like Stan, I had to Google Super Bock too - excellent concept and composition and very effective tale for the theme - love the rich tones. My fave of the set,

Hi, love the church, great colour very unconventional looking,
game works OK for me busy but plenty to look at and I think I would like a little more space around the dish in after, good catch up

Hi d00d ....welcome back, hope you had an amazing time.

I like Game too, lots going on and it all looks very interesting.
Super church for Big and a great choice of angle it really shows it off against the lovely blue sky.
I feel slight OCD about After, with that slightly off centre look, but it still works well, lots of lovely detail on the plate even when I'm pixel peeping :)

Hi d00d.
Plenty of human interest in the Game re-shoot. It's a bit blue though ;)
A Big day and also a BIG church! Nice blues in the sky and plenty of depth of detail.
After - Nice take on an evening on the beers without showing the bottles. I hope after didn't include a hangover.

Hi David - brilliant catch-up. I don't find Game at all busy, indeed it is the several points of interest that results which makes it - great to see all those expressions. Love that church in Big and especially those stained glass windows- well chosen POV. Like Stan, I had to Google Super Bock too - excellent concept and composition and very effective tale for the theme - love the rich tones. My fave of the set,
Hi, love the church, great colour very unconventional looking,
game works OK for me busy but plenty to look at and I think I would like a little more space around the dish in after, good catch up
Hi d00d ....welcome back, hope you had an amazing time.
Hi d00d.
Plenty of human interest in the Game re-shoot. It's a bit blue though ;)
A Big day and also a BIG church! Nice blues in the sky and plenty of depth of detail.
After - Nice take on an evening on the beers without showing the bottles. I hope after didn't include a hangover.
game, a busy shot but it kept me looking to see what they were playing, a moment caught with the chap on the left of the middle table.

Big, Nice colour, angle of view accentuates the size.

after, yep it works.

I like Game too, lots going on and it all looks very interesting.
Super church for Big and a great choice of angle it really shows it off against the lovely blue sky.
I feel slight OCD about After, with that slightly off centre look, but it still works well, lots of lovely detail on the plate even when I'm pixel peeping :)

Thanks all for your feedback (y)

There's been a couple of comments about the size of the church, "towering over the crowd", "angle of view accentuates the size" ... well I'll let you in on a little secret ... I made sure that both sides were upright then stretched the top right corner up a little in Gimp; not really making it any bigger but that distortion gives it more dominance ... I think. o_O

Last edited:
staying with the Portuguese theme, I give you

Week 41 Alien
nfC6LqPD5tN1IQQPV2rrS_oqpBHXqtbsHa5weH4j3SIboAUVrCnb-mDLMwajrs7LQkXWiqiKxi-fJ68fsv_eDAGZ5_BgjjQSrH2z3NYCgsvW3-uz3gTWW3C6M6CuN7es8gbcQskfrg6GDH-AavWtXwkOOWADwbaujzeWyAC4wm2lM4A82E5UIX0vyBEvHp6XjG23kwuGIm9QPjIW2CGT64xcPYE6Xuyb54IImH12mYwE5fTsA0k6mW_hSllWfN72u_ATyOfuEeI33MuJaP-1QR1i4nIytCx2KesIwujTsoebgPV3gC2oWR03pXVNEd1A4ijMbBaAOhQFL5r1_VmwohUujscvJemNf94kfEFDpQuPGBQoruWBe6Mw4J0otfxARMRE7LM-SQtp6lu2slzbnAsYl4uJMYFJD9bkKLuWsOvK7b_swct3iOHBxLmRyPgoXdTt_WbxwAKwCbRSqjAapLqeouTR0fpHZgb7Wc-oT9KgwDs1YGeAslyCHxbzX9LNgqq23SJp9JGdYEB4G_1jOCur_TLkcg6S0yK09ZQz5uS9p6peq6AB3jogY-e7ehkDcV9bRhEGsNtzEZNUS7ue9cGrVJXgoDUv6v7XfrhU9rjS4P8d=w1484-h917-no

Thankfully Alien, David :D

Nice idea, well presented :)

Cor! Have you been certified David? Definitely Alien in language and currency. Excellent compo.

Thankfully Alien, David :D

Nice idea, well presented :)
Cor! Have you been certified David? Definitely Alien in language and currency. Excellent compo.
Thanks guys ... it's difficult to know how best to arrange things, I was just working on not giving too much away ... card No. and exp. date. Wish I'd brought back the odd bottle top, restaurant receipt and whatever says alien gibberish.

Great idea, that certainly sounds alien to me. I think I would have preferred the photo rotated clockwise by 90 degrees.

Composition of a shot like that is always going to be a personal choice. Having the paperwork at an angle works well and I get what you mean about obscuring card numbers etc.
Is the white balance correct? Looks a little on the grey side (but then I have no idea what colour the paper is).

Nice and sharp with good details in the embossed stamp on the paper and in the coins but I'm not entirely convinced it's that alien, then again I was in Portugal last year

Hurts my neck looking at it :p

alien/foreign same thing I believe, I think it works

Great idea, that certainly sounds alien to me. I think I would have preferred the photo rotated clockwise by 90 degrees.
Yes ... rotated then cropped top & bottom perhaps.
Composition of a shot like that is always going to be a personal choice. Having the paperwork at an angle works well and I get what you mean about obscuring card numbers etc.
Is the white balance correct? Looks a little on the grey side (but then I have no idea what colour the paper is).
Cheers ... I did fiddle with WB, the paper is grey and any fiddling didn't improve things.
Nice and sharp with good details in the embossed stamp on the paper and in the coins but I'm not entirely convinced it's that alien, then again I was in Portugal last year
TBH, as a Portuguese speaker, it's not alien to me, but I assumed I was the only one here.
Hurts my neck looking at it :p
alien/foreign same thing I believe, I think it works
Sorry about your neck.
Nice one d00d ...super sharp focus, it looks almost 3D, excellent composition and choice for the theme.
Thank you susie dear.
Liking your take on Alien David very clever
Cheers Mark

(y)

Last edited:
Been playing with Liquids this morning trying to capture bubbles, blobs and droplets .... but not a thing I'm good at, can't compete with some of the bubbles, blobs and droplets post on here in recent days.

Saw this when popping out for lunch.

Week 42 .... with the Liquidity of Charlie Parker. :cool:
w6DaZFtQ8yHDTCAvjdMPliPl4rWoiZ5u3HOTDjZr8AjYP2EdmDBdpJ86eVKZPFmx8U6Nz_MssyN7vIncFNm1t2KOmlQqehXP4hhm-Uq3JsyWnn-FsdvgsWR5moyhd-vlvQu0W133QqmHDQcNyqWoCPF_pnoiZ0DYboi0S7NTqk4nkHt3Vvoq8w_GJA-06zMLffMb-qR_a5_MDe4Rg2JX5MRLONaMXMRcyJLlb7rCmR2URRz1K5xC6V5t1I0Jp62DdgslGpqpc9twSgH4Jd-T1P-yHGTFEmH3JL84hzTHSrtMVk6xnpAlAKNl7EE0iKhulsb_JXT1UReuE7mLZE_1JyQ-s5u3p9SKohQBR_WF4wu9xqPdLm02tQBc199SDUPFlb_ztv-bc9_H5dQRRs6XL7ucTo1HUgCSRGPkIXEDWtXU7cniudAoIlHbR1FoptNGfDQn9kIkQQIwwbcV77O7Zb1Np5Pu_SghRliU2LPhzfWkPkYxkP5WhMqGjFJfeiyM2OVL_Wre55RDPj-5ha4-m-yT4jDsL_r9njumbBh6yqd4Wnx8kAh3_5p4FhDxGxW12RB3rcB8IZ9RjYz16u2F0wLnes2ktDQUYREZYFYu1avIiX5j=w1448-h917-no

Last edited:
Variations On A Theme

Wooops sorry ... too many musical terms.

Last edited:
Wooops sorry ... too many musical terms.
Add a few more images and it will be pictures at an exhibition :D
(Shall we stop now? :D )

One from the horn section? Actually I found the photo quite poignant, especially the notice in the case. The second one is very good too

I agree with @sirch the note in the case is what intrigues me, sitting on the floor to play the sax seems a little odd too.
The woman's face on the second one :shifty:, she doesn't look impressed

Add a few more images and it will be pictures at an exhibition :D

I remember a friend many years ago having Emerson, Lake and Palmers attempt at that, a couple of hours of my life i will never get back :runaway:

Undecided - both are extremely well seen and taken David. The first asks several questions- the notice itself of course but also the pen lying there suggests the notice is fresh - wonder what title reflected his mood, Reflexions perhaps. For me, the second is visual commentary on busy lives making people blind to humanity. Good thought provoking stuff.

I remember a friend many years ago having Emerson, Lake and Palmers attempt at that,
I still have it, and still play it sometimes too (y)

Back