weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

A little under exposed but well captured and it's #1 for me.

Cheers.
Cheers Andy .... I've just added a little saturation to #1

Oooo another contender for my fav images for the theme, both of yours in a similar vein but differnet too, I love the colour and reflection of the first but also the B&W and colour combination of the second, as well as the printed character waling in a different direction to the people... both images have great composition, with 3 characters (ish) in both, love them :clap:
Wow thanks DK, that's nice to hear! I shot #2 from a slightly higher POV than I quite often do for this kind of street, trying to avoid covering the printed character.

Hi David,

Display - Oh, so it was two shots. Had me on that one.
I think I would have gone with just the Jam part, because of the colours whereas the bred is very uniform.

Bent - Did you vandalise the sign for your shot? I think we deserve to know the truth young man! Not sure on these claims of it being tenuous. I think it's bang on theme. Good use of shallow DoF but still allowing us to make out the background.

Wood - Nice bit of texture, nicely aged wood and plenty of detail.

Wall - #1. for the detail, how unusual it is and the reflections.
What do we say about cutting off peoples feet though? ;)
I may have upped the vibrancy / contrast a little? What do you think?
Thanks Tim.
Re Bent ... I confess, I bent a sheet of A5 but they can afford it at those prices! Placed it on the table in front of mine to distance it.

Re Wall ... and the cut off feet, to compensate, I've given you double of the rest of them. :) .... I've just added an edit to my above post: upped the saturation.

Bent
Well seen and like that there's more to this than just the menu.

Wood
Some good texture and detail in the wood.

Wall
They are both great photo. A bit like your bent photo, I like that there's more to them than just the theme.
Thank you Dominic ... "more to them than just the theme" ... that's a good way of putting. (y)

You London folk are SOOOO spoilt for pretty much any theme, Im well jealous.
What annoys me is that Im in Central London every other Monday for work and see so many photo ops but dont have my camera or the time !
Anyways,the edit has it for me....

Like the first Wall shot. Perfect reflection and looks like they walked on water. Good composition with spaces for them to 'walk' into.
Thanks Stan (y)

You London folk are SOOOO spoilt for pretty much any theme, Im well jealous.
What annoys me is that Im in Central London every other Monday for work and see so many photo ops but dont have my camera or the time !
Anyways,the edit has it for me....
I agree! But you still have to spend time looking for stuff then capturing it at its best. We may be moving out of London, escaping to the country .... gonna have to take up wildlife and creepy crawlies. :D

BBC White City opened 1990, the BBC have now moved out and it's being refurbished and renamed White City Place.

Week 42 ~ Symmetrical

jXyv2ViDe7IMnBf19SQMoXcbN-BpxcijH2z92ACL7-8GchtP0ksNXkVN2cYarJG1UNuoRFXrnV6opWDrg6OgXO3CD59aylU_UMxlNgtbqDFXSBsS0UMmG_3cRMEOU1795dEABG5TCxrJlCAG9W16NrX2KsGfbxhTRNIGwTUSHNgVnOeRsS8Y6qA9j_NxhQNQ1TbxVXsUe5tXNnhD_TSwIoWmK9NBwcCBRj4I7UuO_eR_Ds1woL8SRyC2bIxfvDHvCS8nZ6j5geFESnPu4DQ_vbUu4V2xbaLX2b4pOG0EKHNw0F0FA0yZe69q6OErresttDlthLk6wVghwaF57Xf1-JTHN-Tkfh9UgXWGzqXSjoOrFTAJ8OX05SbnGIcv1xUAZdac7cWeZHZhSmgr0RVvSsxBiz46477q5cp4Ke2Lj8bCl_Mtp1OuNRr91G6BxljgVgg8y1PCRVufYWcruHpQPbGPNR6XHdWDrddMdL422yXNRWgNKojDcxcyoq1am29dhGJSkE3Zrvo_aNrMKJR90WWQ8y_0xjt16Sqb05rG4cxR0DGRfYicoB-7roZ0s0pTlAsBroTq16TzMy_BhSoYRb-5h_mXMZOw_vinO90QaOMiVCwvN8gqp9nkRsg27czlIQtdvTAaOsEMuNLcNcWGOP5AFCowBgdOn1k=w1446-h885-no

Last edited:
Very good indeed, I like the overall Grey's and blues of it and of course the symmetry

Excellent! you have framed that perfectly with the line of symmetry dead centre and it makes for a really good geometric pattern. :clap:

Really nice shot for the theme David

Very good indeed, I like the overall Grey's and blues of it and of course the symmetry
Excellent! you have framed that perfectly with the line of symmetry dead centre and it makes for a really good geometric pattern. :clap:
Really nice shot for the theme David
Yay ... I love it d00d, as mentioned, colours work really well and it's perfectly symmetrical :clap:
Very nice indeedy David, now that is a great building, Angle and composition fopr the theme, nice tones throughout too (y)

Thanks all .... yes this is a great building for this kind of Symmetrical shot, it's only 6 floors, and I estimate if it was 36 floors I'd have to stand something like 6 times further back! Even if I had a lens long enough it would probably be impossible to position myself properly.

Cracking shot D, and I stand by my comment on you London'ers being spoilt......

I disagree the middle is worn out, you can see the yellow paint on the edges, obviously northern paint used ;)

So when did you enter the impossible jigsaw market, just a sideline for Christmas :thinking:

Nice idea for the theme David

Hmmm, not sure one worn for this one D, symmetry maybe..... ;)
I think I can see where your coming from, both sides are getting dirty and worn, while the middle is fine :)
I disagree the middle is worn out, you can see the yellow paint on the edges, obviously northern paint used ;)

So when did you enter the impossible jigsaw market, just a sideline for Christmas :thinking:
Nice idea for the theme David

HaHa, thanks chaps ... was wanting to try something abstracty this week, but not sure it works. However young Allan is spot on with his "middle is worn out" take, dodgy northern paintjob. Tis grim up north London.

Last edited:
Hi David,

Symmetrical - I quite like that. Plenty of detail and the symmetry looks bang on. You can imagine Clarkson driving around in there in some dodgy bubblecar or something. A real shame the BBC moved out.

Worn - I see the worn path through the middle too. Worn, but not worn out. Good control of the lighting avoiding blowing the silver coloured parts.

Couldn't decide if it was paint at the sides or a reflection, well now I know and in that case nice idea for the theme although for me a bit more of the paint would make it a tad stronger for the theme.

Hi David,

Symmetrical - I quite like that. Plenty of detail and the symmetry looks bang on. You can imagine Clarkson driving around in there in some dodgy bubblecar or something. A real shame the BBC moved out.

Worn - I see the worn path through the middle too. Worn, but not worn out. Good control of the lighting avoiding blowing the silver coloured parts.

Thanks Tim ... I'm really quite chuffed with Symmetrical and the fact the 52s inspired me to do it. I don't what the BBC did in that building, but there are other BBC building there in the Media Village.

Worn is quite difficult to portray ... the raised lines are worn shiny but not sure my photo does it justice.

Couldn't decide if it was paint at the sides or a reflection, well now I know and in that case nice idea for the theme although for me a bit more of the paint would make it a tad stronger for the theme.

Yes, see what you mean. Thanks Chris.

Well I love abstract so I love it d00d, looks great full screen on my iPad...It definitely would have fitted Symmetry perfectly!

Abstract, Symmetry, anything but Worn ... Thanks susie. :D

That's certainly colourful and with more colour in the background, spot on for the theme

week 45 Heights ..... lucky with the weather today.

Jg7vpbtOolPKLljyiw1fxewLBdCi74SqKwkWK2m0f3QTkPTqcZZAVET_dB-wBXuPdkbiAL-W0kMDLoCYwzOADzgzuKmzQlkvvgk8OmX8G0VW0WoW_xbb5GVpFLvAJ7wYPsxwah5Z4lj4FOXwVlB7mqzuP1yczBxZv0g3KwYOVpbwgCYqMXLf064rN0FhTbyuvSe6q7tciESaufF8DOpfRUYmqhhRKp8fbMrLpd5f9PcNuHJ7UPVfpoC8COlJBwSvtFHdqTs9mw2GFeggUOiENhW1pyaWpYMjYIdAkumYIFcnrAcC7ECSbNgBpHhCVx5tij4QDgKB_UvrRoZxFiXrHuTxP1WfAUvmqbCUiOcaJ1Q04exB-d1AET_zC5iqoCIJeMiSESiAlMXWVkcaRlNj6NHVvIM9dszM8RhncOIF9LTTyGViHKhFAHTq-LCSxwteTFp1MT9i5Ktnyrcyl-dGKTTBKY9AJ-mQFbzRhRcLnwg77EsHoHurN2sZ-QroHvhhj6yWO3v4vzkNPC05IsM95IDaBjpjTlKYTHyTwSoHjJPXnV93B_cZu_VAZfxmOaU78_pS1XQvGgeVhKaOeh6y-7zPfkgEZz8jdI_K1lLpPFz1TX8zsZyotqandIsd2_rKsCw6l9SSa7lFCQTp0YMzdJwYypwhzdb-hjE=w1725-h885-no

EDIT to say this is 10 Hammersmith Grove which is not very high but I hope it works OK when looking up into the clouds.

Last edited:
Hi d00d,

Colourful - Nice image. Very colourful. I'm going to nit pick and suggest that it could have been centralised in front of teh two bright red/orange bars behind it perhaps?

Height - Very unusual looking building. As you say, the weather was just right as it gave you a nice blue sky + some lovely reflections of the clouds in the building. Good find, well imagined and well taken (y)

Very good, the blues of the sky and the greys of the building work well together can't fault it really :clap:

best one for the theme so far :D

Back