weekly d00d's 52 in 2017 ~ 51 Festive & 52 Weather

Cheers Tm

Hi d00d,

Colourful - Nice image. Very colourful. I'm going to nit pick and suggest that it could have been centralised in front of teh two bright red/orange bars behind it perhaps?

Thanks Tim ... and that's enough nitpicking. :D

Height - Very unusual looking building. As you say, the weather was just right as it gave you a nice blue sky + some lovely reflections of the clouds in the building. Good find, well imagined and well taken (y)

I took a few, experimenting with different camera settings, got this cloud reflection using in-camera HDR, you don't get it with a single shot!

Very good, the blues of the sky and the greys of the building work well together can't fault it really :clap:

best one for the theme so far :D
Thank you Allan (y)

... :D thought I'd better get in early this week. I sensed rain was coming and I was right.

Height
That's really quite good. A good sky, with a few fluffy clouds always helps.

The layering of the building gives a good sense of increasing height, well spotted for the theme

Once again the London posse get everything there way... ;)

Nice shot D, and great sky too...

Height - Well exposed and those cloud reflections really make it. Size is not everything ;)

Looks like I missed commenting on your 'High' - what a super image, love the tones and the anglers on this, such a great sky to go with the glass buildings, the reflections are splendid :clap:
Super .... thanks DK (y)

Height is a cracking shot, nice colours and a good reflection too.
Cracking ... thanks Dave (y)

Once again the London posse get everything there way... ;)

Nice shot D, and great sky too...
Nice ... (y) .... and yes I know it's simply not fair ;)

Height - Well exposed and those cloud reflections really make it. Size is not everything ;)
Thanks David .. (y) .... size! erm yes, if you say so. :D

... been playing with focus stacking (if you can call it that!) .... Took two shots in quick succession, one focusing on the camera, one focusing on the remote, layered one on the other, erased half the top layer. Hope it works.

Week 46 ~ Remote

8ATaCZ1j63rzc7cv9Fzz04RFlW801QXmJh921PQxG7XOxubrCwERp_3X7X30uSx6FAHJXzxmhBlr19ON9MTAkrmmsTNbZvGPhyjEOMYjY1aD8SJk_5NsflP9tqEAmzdi46WAe1soWgWs5Yzhj88bec9mZW-3rDZl9xqCeODdLx72r8JHAa3OpWsNv2lguJ2eX5-JXHz_bZGWOitSKQuaIhjpJsGTnJHPaOFZyJ0YSJAOg8icqIGHFNzqOuTXp8sPRV_7olDiyjdkAVvGvQNDDw9778Dhw3eQaX5YXnkr9BAv6Ir68T8EI-LLa5arMNQg8lRAGEHdSCrM6WxteZPp16xodVxtn_jNKBSFVVJYpQ_dUMO-esopePdOtTR1VocVcS-MGPlCeGlsdiG3N7pySy1pL_ysbO0qqHtnGB5ukO_udAIUv5spFdEtjXb9vWFTw_AjheMfBkw1lqDCevQV6WpKthHCwkBG6sm9nqsFjFa3WB-dF-7BSoF-bwNnpLlnv0BxphagNeyA2woz4Php7Tg8a8pu0YV_daj52Dz1gvoUDbwHY0FIU_jbIwdAqLhV9-kToRiVc7RuyLp4WKANwZKfM0AAdILR_EO2lP146stJzbEmuM0_pEb0XOhPZcxpeTK1y6Nq2wk7U5vwcOHfCwVbqMEPrxJ8RoA=w1671-h885-no

Works fine and the first remote control I did expect more, mind you it’s dead in here recently, anyway I digress, it’s a nice bit of product photography

Focus stacking with 2 photos, I like that idea given the attempt I had (was it last year) that I had to throw away as it was sooo bad.
@Allan.H is wrong, this is the second remote. Mark beat you to it.
I like the simplicity of the shot, with no distracting backgrounds.

The focus "stack" certainly worked giving good details throughout but I do find the proportions of the elements a bit unbalanced, that said it's a good take on the theme with the remote being dominant in the image.

Works fine and the first remote control I did expect more, mind you it’s dead in here recently, anyway I digress, it’s a nice bit of product photography
Thanks (y)
Good take and bang on theme David, good clear shot.
Thanks (y)
Focus stacking with 2 photos, I like that idea given the attempt I had (was it last year) that I had to throw away as it was sooo bad.
@Allan.H is wrong, this is the second remote. Mark beat you to it.
I like the simplicity of the shot, with no distracting backgrounds.
Thanks (y) ... and yes some people are simply not paying attention.;)
Works very well David, I really must try this layering lark !!! looks good, a nice clean and simple image (y)

At first I though it was a mini camera, but hey, a Nikon so still a toy camera :naughty:
Thanks (y) .... yes, just a Nikon toy for beginners, you'll be pleased to hear a Canon took the pictures. ............................... my G7X has touchscreen focus point which helps when trying to do this lefthanded.
The focus "stack" certainly worked giving good details throughout but I do find the proportions of the elements a bit unbalanced, that said it's a good take on the theme with the remote being dominant in the image.
Thanks (y) ... I know what you mean Chris ... I don't know if it would be better or worse with something other than a plain BG to tie it together. Perhaps I'd need something more sophisticated to blend the two layers. o_O

Remote
Nice clean and simple composition. The hand looks a little large and it is a Nikon :D

Week 47 .... had two quite different ideas for this so did both.

#1 ~ "Imperial West" with a low-rise and a bus for good measure.
RpO4bggycZi0hqQzcPxcR1Be8mJvYp0LhMGF7Y_fsIf28GFF93c6llS_rGEm4Uml2t0lmaMbX2BcYA8tUWFZek9ipVb-ph4vzfwcsH--6T20f1hvGc4Rquhf_vuTuyrIio2IqkYu1LlOH4dtKN1d3ef1ZL0LamJa6v1cbcYxcdCDRUyZiMM7f3DkvbYa87uN8hvMDoZvF2zOEUNalbhflb37lNGbhy66llPR4wpuWRM9g_RT6dNzbyoYQMctrZtzIqOWiOXXSwr5gpwUAf4YEfgAsmg1c3nKwuGkoP4fFzqmGi_56UqHQFkTs8qprz4BWX4Nulhh3NgLbMAGAjAbMHWYx3b13A31nevTmEDmw7i219nuAz-yauMrJwwNtRmEHGQzkDZUtj2cWtzGIrB6zwFGrICUk3J_6qZfi7GdYXkq9-ofhl8RZc7MtW5OLW7lxMeBPTpN5r7itoW3UhPiXE3SeKTrthL4eMyuQ7ll0pscV71yQ3mGlXbO8NeuxPPi5ynszyi7a9dT8Ja3Qf2jTAnqQEblndU-6hvVlI3_mP7QZFDLQLsFh9_DgDcPP-JOggkvl3bDNpe3suxnuFLjzzC-i30Omsypv40QalLyYnf54t58zajiDDKad2hB5WpBlOn4R8ukNL4cp47ShhoG-ebzLCZBFPMr2KY=w1320-h885-no

#2 ~ my own brick art
P0xBGYWiZweu0Yif2TZPNMwlGHbaE8Rb7KxgOopTkxZF0_TaL-ZFt6nBYZtNapCQDvSL4YpFY5fyTYi65L75yR78OAAOR_UuXCqr_kXDDn1hsNUXuBuASHYucyT-wez8y3aspduRUwe6aDRcT1g3FfjwCoA50FdN7A-p6jjHkEYDs0rSlylesReHXsgG-Rklahbt-jZn-9T8PGo01A71cOzLbd1UWXhQMRB1w3NR6WedDMGXtUyTuneW_NOlZSD0jo-XGM_dVl9tFSTGp3AmRmbF4d_PR9GWGfJLP0PqQqvsWbBV3MQN5wD14Kvf5tPwuETxZcMU_Lly2UCpwobRt7qFFuYZ-E0Tic1QS-14WHRXC1sW80b3PoquR2Icc9_IEhni5e3DIjG2Fcwn1t6byokZF2ogXAKFIEgJcC6PDYfBPmIYBvZsR21y5DCjcZK6a1MLN96IHh9nk_7Ij9fl638ePjgE1_YMzIAWAzQ8-54deBSf1O6g5i91Nxb5jjGGvMkyDej-BZpdaWuKVn8pZxPNR9FzLlrGZ3ynMHbTsATKDB0VVf1HxDkH9yOTbSZSqTF1cVVRIN1sgh61Dc36BbLSQemBONGH0lPeff94fidI_A8iTejl9RFvW3wR6C_gK4W1PbaIuJEmZPmVxh0T1Zj9QKyQUh4xDZs=w1509-h885-no

Last edited:
#1 is fine for the theme but #2 is the pick for me for originality although, on my monitor the background looks a bit lavender tinted, which may have been intentional but I am not too keen on

Remote - good use of plain background to make focus overlaying work and accentuate the remote.

I prefer the first one though a tad underexposed but I do like the perspective

Hmmm David, I think I like the bricks image best as it is very unusual and has some real nice detail, though the city scape with the large cranes flows very well... Hmmmmm :thinking:

NO, I am choosing the cityscape :)
Thanks DK (y) .... but you can choose both if you like. ;)
Both good shots and on theme David, my choice is the build/ing bricks as like the detail and colours.
Thanks Dave (y) .... there was something I wasn't quite happy about in #1 so was please when I got #2 as a backup, as it were.

#1 is fine for the theme but #2 is the pick for me for originality although, on my monitor the background looks a bit lavender tinted, which may have been intentional but I am not too keen on
Cheers Chris (y) .... The BG is an OOF white car, 4 or 5 ft away. I was pleased it was there but had to clone out a few smudges in PP. I also added a hint of vinette ... don't know if that effects things.
Remote - good use of plain background to make focus overlaying work and accentuate the remote.
Thanks David (y)
Like the Brick shot, different, ingenues and creative.
... creative ... woo ... thanks Stan (y)

I prefer the first one though a tad underexposed but I do like the perspective
Thanks Allan ... #1 required levels & curves tweeks ... difficult to bring out the colour of the buildings whilst keeping the sky realistic.
It also took a lot of perspective bending. I really want to keep the side of that building RHS and keep it upright, keeping the tower upright too of course.
I could have gone portrait and mono of course ;)

Last edited:
Build 1 for me. I like the striking building on the LHS, I'm a sucker for a long exposure and feel this would suit one.

Cheers.
(y) Cheers ... maybe some blurred traffic next time (if that's what you mean).

The first shot D, wheres that, looks familiar ?
(y) .... Wood Lane, Shepherds Bush. The elevated road is the A40 Westway.

Hmm, not sure.
I like #2 for the unusual imagery, texture, detail and the colours, yet #1 keeps drawing me back, I think because of the use of balance between the building on the left and the empty space on the right... Nope, can't decide.

Hmm, not sure.
I like #2 for the unusual imagery, texture, detail and the colours, yet #1 keeps drawing me back, I think because of the use of balance between the building on the left and the empty space on the right... Nope, can't decide.
You mean you like both! That's what I want to hear.

Build
I like the bricks, but am going to go for the cranes and building shot.

.... red grapes with a little watered down wine, backlit by daylight through frosted glass .... hope it works.

Week 48 Juicy
-fxvUn7aMDS3qjmWoTM6XJE4269iYNLQoooLYvjS1NjuUMm66q49HRU5La_rJYYelBhzrws-S4ol-mxK57w8RkqXCDm2SWrgfB0MWycKLwZirZmYynMKwZoZdbXvoyWZa9AjxtZlkwgAhVOuY8Dm_7B2q8f3_bqoGH77L0L0WvDqQigPqbZj-_Y64pOdbJi7bW-vJEbBbAResGtqWNwQy_INCHHdQf-7DfWQ7mZhEfqedyifTYObqM0ZBChaWhjDnyj5L8_o6nPPAuJGv31nUdll9-LrgL-uAxdu0vQmmI4pICpMigxYztbYtQNSBTLikprne2NJVCUTGb39D0PHbxO9C9GH_PAqeTLVVSQBCpjgHpuPIc1_Khnnyc6fftgI0YwBbllSW5B8lWzPUFYKfyohFuYyuJuqmH0IxjUjLtpI5hhV6SdOu2MbfELvp-YDgorJrlyTZwJXO80SONu-5RBWNB_Edi_44aPH7u_cqfSy3Bc_gPX_Nvhcom9CTpY1YU_zSPPM9e4Pbf9YibkggrZYXL4xYGTmdi_cy6YhUQqZNgLReh-6YNHSZAbuaKQ6D4Nllg4nV7q4Y-gjFlb84XtjSZM6KWKwN2YlZMCJ6aR43oopjYmwNeCP2pnwzxGS4RN-fGsTIILqhWpgWXx80bqrtGnfXA5xSw4=w1073-h885-no

Almost symmetrical :wave: though it does indeed work for the subject matter

Thought I'd replied earlier but must not have clicked on post. Anyway, perhaps a tad bright at the top against the light on the fruit but I do like the red on green in the lower half, good take on the theme and a pleasing photo none-the-less

Back