weekly Daves 2018 TP 52 WEEK 52 SHOWCASE COMPLETED

I feel as though both of your latest images are a take on the theme that I wouldn't have thought of but they do work well. I wouldn't immediately think of rust as being filthy, but, as someone said, your hands would certainly be filthy after handling that chain! I love the colours and textures of rust and you found some interesting angles in the metalwork and the rotting wood. I wish all of the chain itself was in sharper focus but as an image it's interesting and colourful and you found a great subject.

Likewise the two aircraft didn't immediately shout Mark(ed) to me (I haven't a clue what I'm going to do for this theme yet :D ) but it's clear when reading your explanation and the processing gives it a historic feel, which works well. The planes look sharp and amazingly close, so it must have been a brilliant display.

Thank you Andrea for the comment and for looking, yes it was a great display by these old planes but sad Shoreham wont have anymore now since the jet crashed back in 2015.

Thank you Andrea for the comment and for looking, yes it was a great display by these old planes but sad Shoreham wont have anymore now since the jet crashed back in 2015.

Yes, that was an awful tragedy. It's a shame from a photographic point of view that air displays have changed so much in recent years, but you can understand why from a safety point of view. I would love to have seen these old aircraft chasing each other!

Yes, that was an awful tragedy. It's a shame from a photographic point of view that air displays have changed so much in recent years, but you can understand why from a safety point of view. I would love to have seen these old aircraft chasing each other!

I can and do agree with them all, as like the Red Arrows always refused to fly at Shoreham as they said There is know fall out place if a crash did/does happen.

Hi Dave,

Filthy - Cool textures in the rust and old rotten wood. Doesn't scream filty to me, more 'aged'.
Mark(ed) - Very apt for the week, lovely shot and great pp. And for me, it's on theme.
I've seen displays like this at Dunsfold, but I don't think they were quite that close!

Hi Dave,

Filthy - Cool textures in the rust and old rotten wood. Doesn't scream filty to me, more 'aged'.
Mark(ed) - Very apt for the week, lovely shot and great pp. And for me, it's on theme.
I've seen displays like this at Dunsfold, but I don't think they were quite that close!

Thank you Tim for looking and the comment.

A bit off the right and the bottom just to make it symmetrical but good idea for the theme I thought it might come up

A bit off the right and the bottom just to make it symmetrical but good idea for the theme I thought it might come up

Thank you Allan for the comment and for looking, I did try a crop on the right but because it cut off the poppies I let it and cropped slightly less.

Great idea on the theme, however the poppies don't look sharp to me, not sure if its my screen or the photograph?

Edit, cannot find it on your flckr to have a better look Dave.

Last edited:
Dave

Filthy, good spot of rust you have found, love the colours and the angles. All nice and sharp. The chain on the right hand side re-enters the frame which might have been better if cropped so it only exits or a bit more of the pile is shown.

Mark, full on for the Theme and interesting that it's a real photo, H&S must have had a day off for them to get that close for an airshow.

Lost, Right on theme and very topical.

Pete

Great idea on the theme, however the poppies don't look sharp to me, not sure if its my screen or the photograph?

Edit, cannot find it on your flckr to have a better look Dave.

Thank you Roger for looking and the comment, I was not 100% happy with it so did not put it on Flickr.

Dave

Filthy, good spot of rust you have found, love the colours and the angles. All nice and sharp. The chain on the right hand side re-enters the frame which might have been better if cropped so it only exits or a bit more of the pile is shown.

Mark, full on for the Theme and interesting that it's a real photo, H&S must have had a day off for them to get that close for an airshow.

Lost, Right on theme and very topical.

Pete

Thank you Pete for the comment and for looking, I was gobsmacked at how close they got.

Lost, we don't always get the best light for these weekly themes but you have done a good job with what you had I think

Flesh Fly - one of the species that gives birth to live maggots. Nice shot of the little monster :D

Hi Dave,

Mark(ed) - Nicely on theme. Presumably you wanted the light muted? I'm finding it hard to read the lower text, so personally I may have gone with brighter conditions if possible. I might also have tried for deeper DoF (tripod / long exposure?) to get the poppies fully sharp too.

Monstrous - Needs a NSFT (Not Safe For Tim) tag ;)

Flesh Fly - one of the species that gives birth to live maggots. Nice shot of the little monster :D

Hi Dave,

Mark(ed) - Nicely on theme. Presumably you wanted the light muted? I'm finding it hard to read the lower text, so personally I may have gone with brighter conditions if possible. I might also have tried for deeper DoF (tripod / long exposure?) to get the poppies fully sharp too.

Monstrous - Needs a NSFT (Not Safe For Tim) tag ;)

Good details throughout on the fly, certainly monstrous at that size

Perfect depth of field, not easy on these tiny 'monsters!'
Great colours too - his/her red eyes really draw you in.

Monstrous
Well taken and good detail.

Hi Dave

Monstrous things, nice and sharp, I like the green background. Nice one.

Pete

Thanks for the comments and for looking folks.

Back