weekly De88ie's 52 2016 - Week 49 50 51

Very well played Debbie :)
I'm curious, is it an image of something somewhere or a composite?

Thanks, I struggled for Spooky, it's a photo from Harry Potter World. I edited the wire that was holding the body afloat.

Last edited:
Nice image for Spooky Debbie nicely edited

Yup Cats (and Dogs) do like to pose don't they

Two lovely feline images Debbie, #2 looks like (s)he is wearing lipstick :D

Yep, it's one of those lucky shots, I didn't notice at the time of taking.

Spooky. Are you kidding me???? That is properly spooky!

(I did wonder about it being Potter World, as I spy Lucius Malfoy at that table) :)

Excellent choice for Spooky and good shopper too in removing the cables. The first one for Pose - the lighting is spot on and you've managed to get a lovely soft furry look.

Spooky is very spooky indeed, great composition and great work editing the wires out!

I prefer the first photo of the posing cat, great lighting.

Hi Debbie,
Spooky - Oh right, is that a meeting of death eaters then?
I initially thought "wow, that's one hell of a lot of work to go to...". The cloning out of the wire has worked well, you can't tell it was there.
Pose - I think the first of the two shots for me. Less distractions and you've got a couple of catch lights.

Finally caught up. Thankyou for taking the time to post all the lovely and helpful comments. In answer to Tim, spooky is indeed a meeting of the death eaters. The cat in the pose pictures is the same cat a few years apart. Love the fact that it looks like she is wearing lippy.

News - spot on for the theme.

Young - great back light and perfect pose, very nice. I'm a bit surprised there are still lambs around at this time of year.

Took this pic in spring this year and have been waiting for an opportunity to use it. They were in a churchyard and actually posed for me, all 3 of them standing like this for a good few minutes.

Well done on catching up Debbie I just have News and Young (which I think I have sorted) to do.

News on theme for me not sure about the triangle of the table at the top.

Lovely Image for Young I love how they are all looking at you

Love the backlighting on the lambs Debbie ... especially on their pinky ears. Beautiful

Took this pic in spring this year and have been waiting for an opportunity to use it.
And there was me getting all excited and about to stock up on mint sauce :D

Very nice Debbie, nice little sun glow behind them :)

Hi Debbie

Great find for Spooky

Young lambs ... a beaut, love the pose.

news - yes, it's on theme, but I think there's something wrong with the white balance. And the composition doesn't work for me.
young - that's an excellent photo, I love the backlight and the pose

Hi Debbie,
News - As brrnd says, the white balance is off, but maybe you were going for a warm look to emphasis the red of the moon ?
Young - Fantastic back lighting (y) you've really got the sheep separated from the background with by the light, yet they are well exposed, rather than silhouetted. Add to that, the fact that you've somehow got them all to look at you, well... :clap:

Thankyou everyone for taking the time to comment. The white balance is off as i had a candle lit to try and give a warm look as Tim rightly guessed.
There was no trick to get the sheep/lambs to look at me. Pure coincidence. One of the lambs saw me trying to take a photo, the lamb ran away then ran back with mum and the other lamb following. They took up position as the photo shows and stood like this for a good few minutes. Couldn't believe my luck.

Thankyou Tim, wasn't sure if it was too grainy but i preferred it this way so i left it. Glad you agree. :)

Works for me Debbie love the B&W conversion as Tim says the grain adds a gritty feel to the image.

Works for me too Debbie, grain and all :)

Back